Home
I have an 870 barrel, 30 inch, vent rib, ivory bead that is a factory barrel marked "Mod. Trap". Has anyone ever run into one of these before? This is a first for me.
Assuming it is just a barrel for a Trap 870.

Mid-bead or just front?

Fixed or Rem-Choke?
Yes. Highly sought after barrel.
Fixed 30" was either availible in full or modified in TB's. If you have never tried it maybe you should 7/8 oz of 9's at 1200 fps is an absolute sh*t storm on clay targets out to 35 yds. 16's or first bird doubles. 450 loads to the 25 lb bag of shot. Mb
Originally Posted by passport
Yes. Highly sought after barrel.

Sure is...don't see many for sale.

I have a "Lefty" Rem 1100 trap with the step rib barrel with a fixed full choke, found a lefty 1100 trap barrel with factory choke tubes a few years back. The only reference I could find in my Remington catalog collection was Remington made the barrel one year...1988.
Thanks everyone for the help. I will list it on here in my "spare time".
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Mid-bead or just front?

Fixed or Rem-Choke?

mid bead, ivory front with a fixed choke marked "MOD Trap". Sadly it isn't in great shape on the exterior so it may get cut down.
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Mid-bead or just front?

Fixed or Rem-Choke?

mid bead, ivory front with a fixed choke marked "MOD Trap". Sadly it isn't in great shape on the exterior so it may get cut down.
It'd be a shame to do that.. Why not just get it repaired/reblued?
I have my late brothers 870TC with the "mod trap" barrel. Is about the same as an improved modified in construction and pattern. Don't cut it . Sell it. Great for 16and handicap out to 23 or 24, maybe further
© 24hourcampfire