Home
Posted By: pacecars Browning A5 Light 12 - 07/20/21
Many years ago when I was running dogs one of my mentors used a beautiful A5 Lt 12 that dropped more deer than I could count. I killed one of my biggest deer with that gun when I was riding with him looking for out dogs that swam the river. Sadly when he passed away his wife sold his guns before I had a chance to buy it from her. I have just found an exact copy for $900 that I am seriously considering buying. I don’t need it but I guess I am getting nostalgic in my old age. I haven’t looked at prices for shotguns in a while and most of my shotguns for hunting now are 28 gauges. Is this a decent price for the gun?

[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Browning A5 Light 12 - 07/20/21
Depends on condition, but if you want it, you're not going to lose any more than $900 on it...helpful?
Posted By: MOGC Re: Browning A5 Light 12 - 07/20/21
If in very good - excellent condition it would bring $900 here pretty easily.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Browning A5 Light 12 - 07/22/21
not a great price, but in todays market if its a shooter its not bad.
A year ago, I had a chance to purchase multiple A5 LT for sub $600. Those days are gone. If it is something you desire, what is $900?
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Browning A5 Light 12 - 07/25/21
Around here 12 ga A5s and 12 ga Belgium Superposeds were flat for years. Hard to sell at damned near any price
and really undervalued.
Over the last year or so they have been climbing nicely.
Buy the gun if it's nice. You wont regret it.
I love a Belgium A5.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Browning A5 Light 12 - 08/07/21
An A5 Belgium or Japan made is a great shotgun.
fair price... the mags with the 30" bbl and full choke are not as desirable and will not get the same $$$
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Browning A5 Light 12 - 08/07/21
The A-5 belgium 's had really tight ckokes so if it is imp cyl or modified It is even more desirable.
Posted By: Reba Re: Browning A5 Light 12 - 08/07/21
Yes if anything but FULL choke.

check all screw heads and be sure none are "buggered" a sure way to tell if some idiot tried to work on it. If yes don't but it!
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Browning A5 Light 12 - 08/07/21
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
fair price... the mags with the 30" bbl and full choke are not as desirable and will not get the same $$$

Would love one of these for a turkey gun.
© 24hourcampfire