Home
Posted By: 300_savage Socondhand Lions - 09/21/21
Just rewatched this movie. Looks like Garth has a Model 12 and Hub a Model 37. Is that what the rest of you think?
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Socondhand Lions - 09/21/21
I believe that was the case..... Sort of a silly movie, but just re watched it a couple weeks ago. Worth the time.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Socondhand Lions - 09/21/21
Originally Posted by 300_savage
Just rewatched this movie. Looks like Garth has a Model 12 and Hub a Model 37. Is that what the rest of you think?

Yep. IIRC.

Love that Movie !
Posted By: ldholton Re: Socondhand Lions - 09/21/21
I like the movie the wife just shakes her head and realizes she may get to see in the future. My retirement goals
Originally Posted by ldholton
I like the movie the wife just shakes her head and realizes she may get to see in the future. My retirement goals

LOL ! I’m pretty much already there. 🤠

On a neighboring Ranch, when I was in HS, the little old lady of the house used to greet the Jehovah’s Witnesses that came by for visits with a 16 Ga double barrel.

They finally got the hint.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Socondhand Lions - 09/21/21
In the outtakes, there is a scene where the kid catches Garth filling out requests to have salesmen visit. Having seen them scare the salesmen off, the kid asks why in the world are you doing this? Garth replied, "everyone has to have a hobby, boy."
Secondhand Lions Is almost as funny as Grumpier Old Men, when it comes to “old man” comedy.
Posted By: Ploughman Re: Socondhand Lions - 09/21/21
What's the short-barreled shotgun Garth has in the bar-fight scene?
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Socondhand Lions - 09/21/21
Originally Posted by Ploughman
What's the short-barreled shotgun Garth has in the bar-fight scene?

Model 12 Winchester riot gun. Hub used an Ithaca 27 riot gun.
© 24hourcampfire