Home
Considering a less expensive SXS shotgun in 16 Gauge and these two are on the shortlist.
Does anyone have any first-hand experience with either one?
The good, bad and the ugly.

StarchedCover
I own several CZs O/Us in small gauges and really like them. The Tristar wood is generally pretty plain at the same price point, IME.
I'd vote TriStar ..
At one time I owned a CZ 28-gauge O/U that I purchased in 2007 and really enjoyed it, no issues.
I handled a CZ Sharp-Tail in 410 last weekend and the fit and finish was excellent; after handling the CZ Sharp-Tail I am leaning CZ.
So far, the downside is finding one in 16 Gauge.
The TriStar Bristol gets good to great reviews, but I haven't seen one in the flesh and again finding one in 16 Gauge is a challenge.
CZ G2 Bobwhites sure are nice. Not sure if offered in 16ga tho. Like those double triggers on the CZ.
I hate to sound snobby, but IMO it is folly to try to fit a double gun into the price range of a pump or auto. A lower priced double will necessarily have to have costs cut somewhere and it will show up mechanically. I’ve shot CZ and Tristar doubles and was not impressed. To be fair, this was at least five years ago and they may have changed since then. I recognize that 16 gauge options are few, but I’d be looking in the used market for a better quality gun.
i sell guns and have owned and used both the CZ is much better shotgun
Tristar’s are pretty, but I haven’t been able to handle one in 16 ga. I think they have choke tubes. I keep hearing they are coming, but haven’t physically seen one yet. CZ is OK and has fixed chokes. It’s essentially a rebranded Huglu.

I know a few guys here that really like the Tristars in 28 ga. I like the way the CZ carries better.

I was going to order a Tristar, but I ended up ordering a FAIR Iside basic in 16 ga. It’s a double trigger gun instead of single trigger. They come with 3 choke tubes and use the same tubes as a Franchi Instinct.
© 24hourcampfire