Home
A while back I sold three guns I hadn't been using and probably wouldn't be using in the foreseeable future with the idea of getting something I would use. I figured that, since most of my shotgun work is sporting clays these days, and since I have been using my bird guns or duck gun for sporting clays, I needed a dedicated sporting clays gun. I decided on a Benelli 828U Sporting. Couple of weeks ago I picked it up and finally got a chance to try it out today on about 75 targets. So far I am very, very pleased. I haven't played with the trigger location, balance weights or cast and pitch yet, but was hitting better on presentations that have, traditionally, been difficult for me.
It's a great feeling isn't it?
them Benelli over and unders seems to be ones people either love or hate. only real concern I would have is the lightweight for frequent clay use just mainly because of the cumulative recoil
The Benelli Sporter isn't light. The one I shot a few times at our range handled well and probably was about 8#s and recoil was about like a similar Browning or Beretta O/U. On the other hand the field version is super light (6.5#s) and a hard kicker, again based on a few shots at the range.
The recoil wasn't bad. I was shooting 1 1/8 ounce loads. generally I prefer to shoot 1 ounce. It sure didn't beat me up like that many targets with my bird guns although a little more noticeable than my Beretta 391 duck gun which is heavier and also a gasser.
I have seen them but never shot one. Not many people around here using them, so I am glad to hear your report
I've been thinking about one. Very modern, like the matte black. I've handled one but not shot one. Might make the plunge.
Right, good luck with it, I love my Benelli for clays.
A good fitting shotgun is something to enjoy. Glad your Benelli is working out for you
© 24hourcampfire