Home
Looking at a Benelli SBEII but have seen some pretty bad reports of ejection issues. What has been your personal experience with this issue or the gun in general. Did Benelli fix it if you sent it back? Thanks, DR
Been around several, actually quite a few. Never heard of any ejection issues.

Only issue I have with the Benellis is recoil.
I’ve had a SBEII for 15 or so years. It’s been very reliable, but I need to give it a good cleaning after 150 or so rounds or it’s less reliable.
Unless you need to fire 3.5"shells the M2 is a more reliable trouble free shotgun overall.
Originally Posted by DaddyRat
Looking at a Benelli SBEII but have seen some pretty bad reports of ejection issues. What has been your personal experience with this issue or the gun in general. Did Benelli fix it if you sent it back? Thanks, DR

Never heard the ejection issue before. I've seen one benelli sbe 1 that didn't like kent shotshells, but that's the only one. My one and two spit them right out. Haven't shot Kent in years though.

Anyway, depends what you want it to do. Lots of good autoloaders out there. Benelli is right up there.

I put 4-500 shells through benellis every winter hunting and have for the past few decades. I've got zero complaints.
I've had 2, still have 1. No issues, but I mostly shoot 3 inch out of it for ducks and turkey. Never had a problem shooting 2 3/4 pheasant loads. M2 & SBE 2 are among my favorites.
I have hunted with many of the Benelli models over several decades and have never had an ejection problem nor am I aware of others having had them.
I've had a SBEII since they came out and have never had an ejection issue, it does kick like a mule but I really only notice the recoil when shooting a round of sporting clays
I have owned at least 5 SBE II's...Ejection issues? I Never heard of that......Hb
I think the only ejecting issues I have ever even heard of, never witnessed, were with light 7/8 or 1 Oz target loads.
https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=benelli+sbe2+ejection+issues&fr=yfp-hrmob&fr2=p%3Afp%2Cm%3Asb&.tsrc=yfp-hrmob&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
This is what I found
I have some friends with them. Very reliable with heavy 2 3/4" loads, 3" loads, and 3 1/2" loads. Less reliable if you want to shoot light 7/8 or 1 oz loads.

Unless you need to fire 3.5"shells the M2 is a more reliable trouble free shotgun overall.

This is my experience, I have no need for 3 1/2" shells, but will shoot a lot of lighter loads for clays games. I have the older M1, but if buying new today the M2 is a better fit for me.

But if you want to shoot long range geese with steel shot the 3 1/2" shells make sense.
© 24hourcampfire