Home
Have decided to gift my father's blonde Sweet Sixteen to my son for his birthday this year. It's in 90%+ condition but I've never had a case for it. I know Browning sells fitted cases on their website for auto shotguns, which are obviously pricey like all things Browning. While I'm not wanting the "cheap out" on this gift, I am curious about other suggestions on a good case option.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Jeez that would look good in my safe....love that blonde wood.

I have several Plano gun cases and have been well served by them.
Awesome Auto Five! I like the old humpback and shoot them well. The 20 and 16 gauge guns are truly the sweet spot in balance and handling. If you decide you want a Browning case give Art's Gun Shop a call. Art is the boss man of all things Browning.
These are pretty nice.

https://negrinicases.com/gun-cases/unicase-1603-universal-shotgun-case-1603-5127/
I've thought a few times about getting a vintage Browning case for mine on eBay. They show up now and again. Hartmann Luggage made them I think.
For what it’s worth, I got a Browning case with my BT99 early’90’s. It was $200 then, IIRC, has been hauled to many, many trap shoots over the years, usually a few a week when I was shooting a lot, usually in the back of the truck, and is still in great shape (as is the BT 99.)
Just a nice Boyt canvas case is plenty classic and will be just fine. The gun will probably be assembled when he (hopefully) takes it out for one of many hunting/shooting trips, so a takedown case is not needed. Get the proper length so it fits right. Sounds like a great gift.
Originally Posted by WMR
Just a nice Boyt canvas case is plenty classic and will be just fine. The gun will probably be assembled when he (hopefully) takes it out for one of many hunting/shooting trips, so a takedown case is not needed. Get the proper length so it fits right. Sounds like a great gift.

That is the way I would go.
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by WMR

That is the way I would go.
Thats what I bought for the Sweet 16 my Dad left me. Has a pouch for the extra barrel also
One vote for a hard case.
I used soft cases for decades without incident.
Then one day I had my Winchester model 12 in a soft case that slipped out of my hand at knee high onto a gravel parking lot.
Broke/split the stock right behind the receiver.
All my guns now travel in hard cases whether assembled or disassembled.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BROWNING-F...trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0
Thanks for the inputs. I have the Boyt soft case already and it does a nice job. Decided on heavy duty over presentation style. I also looked at the Plano but this case was more rugged.

Cabelas hard case
Heckuva gift package for your son, wreckster. He will love it.
© 24hourcampfire