Home
Was wanting to get a recoil pad for my Beretta BL-3 20 gauge. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Tim
I couldn't find anything but a slip on for my 686. Nothing else I tried was even close to fitting correctly. Someday I'll spend the money and have a gunsmith to fit one for me.
I like Kick Eez pads for shotguns. Be prepared to pay $100+ for labor alone to get one properly fitted. And no good ‘smith worth his salt is getting rich installing pads.
Get a Pachmayr Sporting Clays pad and have it installed by a good wood guy. Or do it yourself if you are that guy. Choose the length carefully as it will affect point of impact. I also use slip on leather pads on a few of my guns. Either of these options will help with a smooth gun mount. Avoid anything “rubbery” as it will catch in your clothing. It might take a bit of shooting, especially on an impact board, to be sure the length is correct. Depending on the gun and your need for length, the SC pad can sometimes be installed without removing any wood.
Jim Kobe (Jkob) on here fits pads extremely reasonably.
Beretta USA has a " no fitting required " field recoil pad for 12ga and 20ga o/u for $30. Limbsaver may also have something pre-fitted.
I ordered that pad from Beretta, pad was too small and the holes didn't fit my stock. My gun is a 1986 model.
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
Beretta USA has a " no fitting required " field recoil pad for 12ga and 20ga o/u for $30. Limbsaver may also have something pre-fitted.

I have yet to see a “no fitting required pad” that actually fit.
Originally Posted by GF1
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog

I have yet to see a “no fitting required pad” that actually fit.

I've got three.
I have a stack of those Beretta pads, for 68_ series guns, and while they work I’ve never seen one that actually fit like a gunsmith/stockmaker fits them. Seems your experience is different and I’m happy for you.
Limbsaver has pre-fit pads. The trick is to print out this: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.walnutcreekoutdoors.com/content/LS_templates.pdf
Take off your existing pad and see which one fits. I have done it on several guns, even those that are not listed to fit that model.
Originally Posted by wildfowl
Limbsaver has pre-fit pads. The trick is to print out this: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.walnutcreekoutdoors.com/content/LS_templates.pdf
Take off your existing pad and see which one fits. I have done it on several guns, even those that are not listed to fit that model.
This 👆, works very well
© 24hourcampfire