Home
Posted By: kenster99 Sarasqueta shotguns - 11/20/23
Picked up this beautiful little 20 gauge sxs yesterday at a gunshow. Would like to know more about these, especially what chokes it has. Measures at .595 both barrels at end. I dont understand the markings, im sure someone on here can help.
Anxious to go out and shoot, its a very tight action, and very light weight !
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Sarasqueta shotguns - 11/20/23
Posted By: Lslite Re: Sarasqueta shotguns - 11/21/23
A friend of mine has one. Very nice little quail gun and he refuses to sell it to me.
Posted By: grouseman Re: Sarasqueta shotguns - 11/21/23
That's a beautiful little gun. Guessing 26" barrels. Brass inlay for initials in the stock. Is it an extractor model? Sling swivels so it spent its life in Europe. 15.2 and 15.5 mm translates to 0.598" choke on a 0.610" bore. That 0.010" constriction puts it around Imp Cyl. Nominal bore diameter appears to be 0.615" so your bore is a little snug, but it was made before modern plastic shotcups. What does it weigh?
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Sarasqueta shotguns - 11/22/23
Thanks. Yes extractors, 27.5” barrels. Weight on my scale is 5 pounds, 11.7 ounces .
Posted By: Kurt52 Re: Sarasqueta shotguns - 11/25/23
Looks like a nice little hunting gun! I love hunting with a SxS. Straight grip, rounded action, easy to carry in the hand and also easy to carry open over the shoulder! With a .012" choke constriction....nearly modified, use spreaders for short range early grouse, soft shot later when the leaves are down.

It is a 2-3/4" (70mm) chambered gun based on the barrel flat marking. I believe it is proofed to 850 bar, which is 12,300 psi. By comparison my wife's 20 year old AYA #2 20 ga is proofed to 1,370 bar, or 19,800 psi. If I am reading these proof marks correctly, I'd want to use modest pressure loads in the gun, ie 1200 fps 7/8 oz loads and 1160 fps 1 oz loads, vs some of the very fast premium "pheasant" ammo available.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Sarasqueta shotguns - 12/05/23
There were several Sarasqueta makers. Victor (the one you have) was the best of them. That should be a delightful field gun.
© 24hourcampfire