Home
Posted By: EFHutton New Browning A5 ? - 12/23/23
The new A5s are inertia driven, I wonder if they are easily bumped out of battery like the Benelli ?
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/23/23
No. They are heavier sprung than the Benellis.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/24/23
I have had several of the new A5's and never experienced the "Benelli click" like I have with my Benelli M2's....Hb
Posted By: bobski Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/24/23
ever notice if you look at the design, its more like a new B2000?
Posted By: JSH Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/27/23
Originally Posted by bobski
ever notice if you look at the design, its more like a new B2000?
I think that is in looks only as the B2000 was gas-operated. A friend with a new A5 16ga has had no problems with the bolt coming out of battery and carries it a lot in pheasant cover where that is inclined to happen.
Posted By: battue Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/27/23
More than a little out there regarding the new A5 having recycling issues.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/28/23
I'm just not into inertia guns, I like gas action. That said, I'm a HUGE fan of the original A5 and at some point I will have to test drive the new one. The original A5 soaks up recoil much more like a gas action gun, whereas every inertial gun I have ever shot kicks just like a pump or double.
Posted By: bobski Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/30/23
yes, 'looks' was the key point.
Browning's new A5 is just a hump backed Benelli..........The inertia system was introduced in 1908........Look how long it took to catch on with some people...I still don't like it. Prefer my original A5's and gas guns.
Not much new under the sun.........

Ithaca was using fiber optic sights in the 50's...........Called them "RABAR" sights

Winchester has screw in chokes in 1959 in the model 59

Hi-Standard introduced the first gas operated shotgun in the early 50's

Savage/Stevens were using plastic stocks and forends in the 50's

Long recoil actions cycle faster than gas or inertia.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/30/23
My new A-5 was made in 1960 27.5" VR modified choked "Light Twelve". Old school Kool. Fug the new ones..mb
Posted By: Cheesy Re: New Browning A5 ? - 12/31/23
I’ve got a coworker with one and a buddies hired man has one. They both like them.
© 24hourcampfire