Home
Posted By: jc189 Winchester 101 O/U Question - 01/06/24
I have a Win. 101 20ga. with Mod/Full choke barrels. Are Win. 101 barrels interchangeable???

I have a chance to buy a set of skeet barrels for it at a reasonable price. I want to get the kids out shooting skeet. The barrels are not local. I don't have the option to try before I buy. I know some of the early 101's came in multi barrel sets for shooting skeet. I would think they would be. But not sure if all the barrels were hand fitted.

What say the campfire shotgun experts?
Posted By: GF1 Re: Winchester 101 O/U Question - 01/07/24
No, they must be hand fitted. Normally costs about $300. Resist the temptation to force the gun to go together without fitting; nothing good will happen.
Posted By: jc189 Re: Winchester 101 O/U Question - 01/07/24
Thanks, appreciate the reply.
Posted By: WMR Re: Winchester 101 O/U Question - 01/07/24
Not sure if you mean informal clay shooting or actually shooting skeet. For the former, about any open choked gun can be fun. For the latter, get a reliable mid weight gun with a skeet choke. Your budget and the age/size of the kids will affect your choices.

I’d personally consider getting your 101 barrels opened up to skeet/IC and shoot that one for fun. Lots of good field applications for such a gun as well.
Originally Posted by WMR
Not sure if you mean informal clay shooting or actually shooting skeet. For the former, about any open choked gun can be fun. For the latter, get a reliable mid weight gun with a skeet choke. Your budget and the age/size of the kids will affect your choices.

I’d personally consider getting your 101 barrels opened up to skeet/IC and shoot that one for fun. Lots of good field applications for such a gun as well.

Or consider letting Briley install screw-in choke tubes. Much cheaper than a used 101 and very versatile.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Winchester 101 O/U Question - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by WMR

Good advice here.
© 24hourcampfire