Home
I am in love!<P>I have used the same 12-Gauge Auto-5 for the last 20+ years. It is a great, reliable, and fun gun, but I was given a Belgian Sweet Sixteen by my Dad a few years back, and I've been putting off using it, since I had so many dang reloads for the 12 already.<P>Well, yesterday for the quail opener I took the Sweet Sixteen and a few boxes of factory Remington #8's. Wow! I knew the 16 was a great gauge, and I've heard wonders about the Browning Sweet Sixteen in particular, but I just never knew. What a gun!! Great balance and handling, much funner to carry, quick pointing, and birds just go "poof."<P>I think the 12 gauge has just been retired (it's earned it. I bet it's shot 50,000 rounds!) except maybe for late-season ringnecks and other times when I may wax nostalgic.<P>The Sweet Sixteen is my new everyday gun.<P>My Dad says I'll make the same kind of discovery as to side-by-sides when I'm older and more "seasoned" (I've only been hunting for thirty years!). I don't know. I've shot good doubles more than once and can't get used to the "platform" sighting plane.<P>We'll see. The older I get, the more I realize how much my Dad has learned lately. [Linked Image]<P>Gotta go. Hitting quail again this afternoon.<P>Rick Bin
And it's true love!<P>Left at noon, back at dark with this:<P> [Linked Image] <P>The Sixteen is, indeed, Sweet! [Linked Image]<P>Rick Bin<P><p>[This message has been edited by RickBin (edited October 23, 2000).]
© 24hourcampfire