Home
Posted By: AsphaltCowboy Universal Double wing. - 10/21/09
I have this shotgun I'm trying to sell and I'm having trouble establishing a price for it. I can't even remember who in Spain made it.

It's a Universal Double wing Mod 2016. 12 gauge, 2 3/4" chambers, 28" barrels choked Full and Modified.
The bores are pristine but rates 75% at best due to mottled blue on the barrels.

This is the best image I could get of the blue.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I think I remember that these guns were made by Zabala Hermanos y Compania. If so, they had a website the last time I looked and you could google them.

This is an entry-level gun which is valuable primarily as a shooter. Good news is that if Zabala is still in biz, you can probably get parts for it. It should have a "date-of-proof" code on the "water table" (the flats of the frame that you can see when you take off the forend and barrels). It will be a number and a letter (like B1) and will tell you when the gun was manufactured; if you will email it to me at [email protected] I'll look it up for you.

The water table and barrel flats that mate up with them will have a lot of other info, and perhaps tell you who made the gun.
Thanks Mike.
There's no alpha numeric on the water table, but it does have a P1 on the underside of the left chamber. I'll try to get a good pic of the water table/barrels markings.
Cowboy, P1 is 1971. If my buddies tell me the manufacturer, I'll let you know. The proofmarks in the pix show that it IS Spanish.

I assume from the 12/76 marking that it has 76mm chambers=3" magnum (ouch!).
Yep, it's 3". The fellow I got it from said it was 2 3/4" and I simply took it at that. Never thought to put my chamber gauge in it.
I actually had one of these 30 odd years ago. Couldn't miss with that gun if I closed my eyes. This one though, I couldn't hit a barn if I closed the door on my way in.
Posted By: orion03 Re: Universal Double wing. - 11/01/09
$200 according to the Blue Book in the condition you describe, $300 if in excellent condition.
© 24hourcampfire