Home
It's an older model, but 95% or better shoots a very tight pattern 28" full VR. I bought it for my wife but it still kicks too much for her. Whats it worth ?Any suggestions on something I can get for my wife to turkey hunt with, she only shoots two shots a year ! Is this gun equal in value to an older BLR81(steel reciever) in .308 ?
I don't know the laws where you hunt, but, a lot of turkeys around here are taken with the .22 Magnum. I also see in some of the more recent magazines where folks are touting the 20 gauges and newly developed factory loads for taking turkeys.

I'd guess your 1100 would be worth somewhere from $350.00 on up depending the buyers itch.
Bear II

I don't understand the situation involving the 1100. This is one of the most smoothest, lowest recoiling shotguns made, especially in 20 Ga. What type of recoil pad does it have ? Does the gun properly fit your wife ?

My wife hunts turkey with her own youth-model Rem. 1100 Lt. 20, with a 3" chamber and a 21" barrel. She has no problems with 3" Turkey loads, as does the number of kids that i've let use it to shoot their first turkey. It maybe a fit problem or mechanical issue, regarding the unpleasant recoil your wife has experienced.
That's very odd. That's exactly what my wife shoots, and she says "No recoil at all."

grouseman
© 24hourcampfire