Home
Posted By: Buck1919 Patttermaster Choketubes - 06/20/14
Patternmaster choketubes.....Are they really worth it for upland bird or waterfowl? I have a Remington Versa Max
Posted By: VernAK Re: Patttermaster Choketubes - 06/20/14
I had quit waterfowl hunting because I hated steel shot until I found the Patternmaster chokes. I do mostly pass shooting for cranes and geese at very respectable distance.

I don't see it for grouse.

The Patternmaster tubes provide extremely tight patterns for lead 4 buckshot on coyotes and fox.
I shoot 2 berettas and a sx2 for waterfowl I have Paternmasters in all 3 2 long range and 1 mid range they all work like a hot Damn, love them
Posted By: Mikem2 Re: Patttermaster Choketubes - 06/22/14
They are well worth the price. First one I bought was for my beretta Extrema 1 a long time ago. Use them for waterfowl and great for trap when you move back yardage.

Mike, we play a lot of games at the local turkey shoots.. What Patternmaster would you suggest for long shots??
Posted By: Mikem2 Re: Patttermaster Choketubes - 06/22/14
The Code Black turkey.

I use the Code Black Goose for trap and hunting, shooting trap back at the 21 with 7.5 or 8 shot winchester super sporting clays loads it absolutely crushes the clay and I tend to wait on the clay break point.

They very helpful when u call.

Thanks...
I have had 2 PMs. The regular long range shoot big shot tight but the smaller the shot the more your pattern opens up. I shoot #3s in steel most of the time for a great mid range pattern. I grabbed a box of #4 steel on accident 2 years ago and hunted the lake with a friend. Birds at 40 yards wouldn't fall. When I got home I patterned my gun with those #4s and the patterns were horrable at 40 yards but very nice at 20. I leave a pattern master in my waterfowl gun and just change the shell for different patterns. #4 fasteel for creek hunting, #3s for most of the time, #2s for lake hunts and decoying geese and BBs or BBBs for pass shooting geese.

For turkey shoots a .635 - .645 is a good choice. Makes fore hot centers in your patterns. I have a el cheapo strut stopper extreme that patterns crazy good with 7.5s.
Posted By: Mikem2 Re: Patttermaster Choketubes - 06/23/14
They also have a Big Game choke available.

https://www.patternmaster.com/products/5318_12ga_Benelli_Beretta_Mobile_Code_Black_Big_Game_

I did not find the choke restriction and distance chart on their web site. I called about what choke for a Vinci for trap when I was ordering and the rep quoted softball size pattern with the goose code black at the distance I was shooting and load.

© 24hourcampfire