Home
Posted By: Evan versamax. anyone. - 11/19/14
My next firearm wI'll be a 26" versamax sportsmans. I'll toss a carbon arms tube on it for skeet and all around bird busting. I'll keep the 3 rd tube around for migratory birds. I'll also do a oversized bolt knob , maybe weld up the follower.

Was surprised there is no talk on here of it. I do tons of research and have decided this is the way to go for me to create a do all shoot any load gun.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: versamax. anyone. - 11/19/14
I understand that they are great shotguns but they feel like I am holding a 4x4 in my hands. My friends of NRA group considered putting one in a raffle until they held it. We went with the New Browning Auto-5.
Posted By: Evan Re: versamax. anyone. - 11/19/14
Lol. I work with 2x4s all day so it feels pretty good in my hands.
Posted By: Backroads Re: versamax. anyone. - 11/20/14
I recently shouldered every 3.5in 12ga semi-auto in the local Sportsmans, and the Versamax was not in the running.
To be fair, I did not like the Beretta's much either, both felt blocky in the hand.
I ended up with a SX3 and am very pleased with fit and performance.
Go shoulder a couple different ones, one will stand out.
Posted By: NoCAL Re: versamax. anyone. - 11/21/14
My dad got one as he is a tried and true Remington slob. I shot with an 11-87 for nearly 20 years before I switched to a Maxus. When comparing the two, the Versamax is just so much heavier than the Browning yet I don't feel much difference in recoil. I could shoot a Versamax just fine. Just prefer to tote my Browning.

NoCAL
Posted By: seal_billy Re: versamax. anyone. - 11/28/14
Before the versamax remington dropped the ball on several shotguns but I have heard they got the mechanics of the VM right. I don't like the feel of them though. I don't like the new a5 either, I can't believe browning called than new thing an a5. The stock sux and the pistol grip is for someone with a club hand. Between th VM nd the A5 I would take the VM any day!
© 24hourcampfire