Home
What is a good brand of ear plugs, for trap and skeet?

I have a pair of Sonic II, and I am
wondering if these are adequate.
I used a pair of custom molded one for many years, I've gone to electric muffs. I'm a little hard of hearing so it is nice to be able to hear everything and still have protection.
I have ESP digital ear plugs and love them
I cannot even get Sonic IIs to seat in my ears. Absolute no go for me.
Are there any electronic ones that fit in the ear and work like noise cancelling muffs? I would like those for hunting...
Originally Posted by humdinger
Are there any electronic ones that fit in the ear and work like noise cancelling muffs? I would like those for hunting...

I found this one advertised on the Long Ranging Hunting
forum. This may work for you.

"Soundgear Electronic Hearing Protection."
Foam plugs
For trap shooting I use custom molded ear plugs on hot days and electronic muffs when the temperature is more temperate.

A few of the guys I've seen at tournaments have what appears to be electronic ear plugs, but I've got no idea what they are or where they got them. I didn't ask cause I figured they probable cost at least half of what their Krieghoffs cost.
Originally Posted by humdinger

Yes check out ESP digital plugs. They are custom molded to your ear. I can hear pheasants running in the grass with them. However I don't like them on really windy days
© 24hourcampfire