Home
I have a couple of Benelli M2s. I am thinking of getting a gas operated and getting rid of one of the M2s. The Beretta 1301 seems to compare, favorably, based on "professional" reviews, to the Benelli M4 while costing less on the used market. In addition to "professional" reviews, I like to obtain non-professional reviews before proceeding with such a purchase. So, do we have any members who have or have had one? If so, what are your thoughts? I am specifically looking into buying the tactical version of the 1301 on the used market; however, the operating system, specifically, BLINK, on any Beretta should be similar. Input would be greatly appreciated.
Well, since I had no responses, I took the leap and am now an owner. I'll start. I just bought two. Why two? I made two offers to two different individuals at the same time. Both were accepted and I don't back out of deals. Anyway, what an outstanding shotgun. I'm amazed at how "soft" (subjective, I know) the recoil is for such a lightweight shotgun. My perception is that the recoil is less than my Benelli M2 (inertia & heavier) and similar to my Versa Max (gas & heavier). This a a very maneuverable and, according to my perception, soft shooting tactical shotgun. It also has a reasonable length of pull. One does not have to have orangutan arms to shoulder it comfortably.
I have one for 3 gun. It is a great platform and you will enjoy it, excuse me, you will enjoy them...
Originally Posted by supercrewd
I have one for 3 gun. It is a great platform and you will enjoy it, excuse me, you will enjoy them...

I only intend to enjoy one as I now need to sell one. I actually prefer the 1301 to my Versa Max Tactical and my Benelli M2. I am actually surprised how well it handles recoil considering how light it is.
© 24hourcampfire