Home
Posted By: byd Remington Versa Max - 01/03/18
Do any of you have one whats your opinion do they fit like the 870.
Posted By: shooter42 Re: Remington Versa Max - 01/04/18
I personally have two. one is set up with optics for turkeys, the other has a mag extension for the snow goose spring season. they both function well as they should. they are heavier than some other shotguns but they seem to reduce the recoil a bit better than other shotguns especially with them 3.5 inch sticks of dynamite. as to fit like an 870, cant answer that.
Posted By: Mad_Max Re: Remington Versa Max - 01/04/18
I have one. I love it, with one exception. It doesn't fit me as well as the 870. Having said that, I like it much more than my 870s. It is, simply put, an outstanding shotgun. My exception as to fit is that this thing was manufactured with a length of pull fit for an orangutan. Oh, and you can make it longer; but, not shorter.
Posted By: byd Re: Remington Versa Max - 01/04/18
So LOP is my issue also when all bundled up for waterfowl. I got a Franchi Affinity but with 3 inch 1 1/4 oz loads it is not comfortable to shoot and I don't care for the raised vent rib.
Posted By: Mad_Max Re: Remington Versa Max - 01/05/18
I'll do a little clarification of my above post. It fits, but, it's at the long end of fitting. I wish it were shorter and more customizable. As for recoil mitigation, it does better than any auto I've ever fired.
Posted By: byd Re: Remington Versa Max - 01/06/18
I'm looking at Browning Silver 3.5 in camo now.
© 24hourcampfire