Home
Posted By: JimHnSTL Sears AYA SxS - 03/02/18
So I’m going to pick up this Sears import made by AYA that to my understanding is basically their Madador model. It has a case colored receiver, 26” barrel and is choked Imp Mod and Trap (.685” so close enough). In good condition and priced to move at 200.00
Don’t know why I need it but thought it never hurts to have an extra loaner.
Posted By: weagle Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/04/18
It's a no brainer at $200. They are pretty decent little SXS's
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/04/18
Side lock Greener design and in decent looking shape. You couldn’t make one today for that amount.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/05/18
Yeah, probably couldn't pass on that for $200.
Posted By: EdM Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/05/18
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Side lock Greener design and in decent looking shape. You couldn’t make one today for that amount.

I think that is boxlock Greener design?
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/05/18
I would have grabbed it a heartbeat and replaced my Winchester 24.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/07/18
Originally Posted by EdM

I think that is boxlock Greener design?

Ed thanks, I don’t know why I wrote side lock when it is a box lock. Anyway I can’t wait to see how it performs on some clays. It might have to get used for a spring turkey just for the heck of it.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/09/18
Some pictures.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/09/18
That's a nice looking shotgun.
Posted By: Mesa Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/09/18
Good deal that it's a double trigger gun. The only common flaw in Matadors is that the single triggers aren't very reliable over time. And if you've ever experienced a "double" in one of their 10 guage Matadors, you won't ever forget it! Even the Mag 12s are probably a little uncomfortable....

Good snag!
My concerns with this gun is if you zoom in and look close to the stock to the action fir, there is a little space. Eventually I will pull the stock off and check it out.
Posted By: blairvt Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/12/18
I have the same gun in nearly unused condition. Has a real light colored stock
Posted By: weagle Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/12/18
That gun should be trouble free. 2 triggers and extractors = very few problems vs the single trigger / ejector models.
Posted By: NEBHUNTER Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/12/18
Well worth the $. Yes the double triggers are the way to go. A good Matador will bring at least triple that amount.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/13/18
Stole it!
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/16/18
Are you kidding? I'll double your money any time.
Posted By: Papag Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/24/18
Buy it. I had one, slaughtered doves with it. #1 son now has it and kills all upland flying game dead.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Sears AYA SxS - 03/24/18
Originally Posted by Papag
Buy it. I had one, slaughtered doves with it. #1 son now has it and kills all upland flying game dead.

I bought it, just haven’t shot it yet. Hoping to put a few rounds through it this weekend if the rains will let up enough.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Sears AYA SxS - 06/08/18
So I finally got the new beast out for pattering test. Man this spring sucked, my first time out shooting all spring. Anyway yet gun patterns well, however after shooting the gun was a little hard to break open. Also if you all recall my picture of the stock fit I was concern about the fit up. The stock (after shooting it) seemed to have a tad of play in it. I will pull the butt stock this week and take a look to see if there is an obstruction.
Posted By: jt402 Re: Sears AYA SxS - 06/11/18
A no brainier. You done good. It may be choked a little tight, but that is an easy fix. Enjoy,

Jack
Posted By: battue Re: Sears AYA SxS - 06/11/18
From the one pic, your top lever is considerably towards center. Which means the lock-up is wearing thin. Depends on how much you shoot it, if it will be an issue. The early Spanish guns were known for using soft metal.
Posted By: battue Re: Sears AYA SxS - 06/11/18
My concerns with this gun is if you zoom in and look close to the stock to the action fir, there is a little space. Eventually I will pull the stock off and check it out.

There is this also. It needs headed up with epoxy, although the sides look good. Perhaps they are handling all the recoil.
© 24hourcampfire