Home
Found an Ithaca Victory Grade single barrel trap gun that dates to 1925. Took it all apart to clean and lube it and just need to replace the roached out recoil pad. Bore is bright and shiney, shotgun is in really good condition and stock set is sound, no cracks, splits or chips. I really enjoy using these old classics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That's pretty cool, Dean.
It is a pretty neat gun, they garner a bit of attention on the field from the old timers. Or at least it did back when I wasn't the old timer.

I shot one for trap one summer, a buddy was thinking of trading it for something of mine but he reconsidered. It had been his father's but it had no sentimental meaning to my buddy. I liked the gun but it shot way higher than I preferred. If the trade would have gone through, I would have had to remove a fair bit of wood from the comb.
Vent rib not so common back then I don't think. Nice looking gun.
Vent ribs were uncommon on field guns but competition guns such as this one were more likely to have a rib than not. At least that is what I have seen in my adventures. My first 12 ga gun was a Remington pump action that later became known as the Model 10. It was made prior to 1910 and had a rib. Same for an Iver Johnson single shot trap gun dating to the same era.

Skeet shooters seemed to be the hold outs regarding ribs, from pictures it seems it was the '20s before ribbed pumps and autoloader became most promonate.
I'm a trap gun junkie.
© 24hourcampfire