Home
Posted By: Rustyzipper Choke tube wrench - 08/05/19
All of BPS with choke tubes. Since it is my first I'm not sure what choke wrench to buy??? Any suggestions? TIA. Be Well. Rusty
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Choke tube wrench - 08/05/19
If it is new, a wrench should be included. If it is a 12 ga then a quarter should suffice. I have several wrenches ranging from several "universal" wrenches that came with aftermarket tubes which are merely a half moon piece of metal with a handle to the notched pieces of metal sent with the gun to socket looking things with knobs on the side and a T-handle. All worked as well as the other though I replace the flush mount chokes with extended for ease of changing. I just hand tighten them and check periodically.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Choke tube wrench - 08/14/19
A 12 gauge shell's rim works better than a quarter.
Posted By: passport Re: Choke tube wrench - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
A 12 gauge shell's rim works better than a quarter.

This
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Choke tube wrench - 08/23/19
The gun should come with one. If you are going to be changing the tube a lot, I would invest in a Briley Speed Wrench. Way easier to use than the rim of a shell
Posted By: MOGC Re: Choke tube wrench - 08/23/19
The Briley Speed Wrench is worth the cost.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Choke tube wrench - 09/13/19
I like the kind with the rubber stopper the Briley is an improved version. Get a good one or the notches will get stripped eventually. And the no.# thing is get some good lube for the chokes. Any heavy oil or grease works. I got Permatex copper anti siege lube from NAPA and mixed in some moly engine assembly lube and the tubes go in and out slicker than Owl Sheet. They stay in place too, I think the solid component helps, it could be molly or graphite added to any grease too but copper is a sure thing. STP motor treatment is supposed to work well too.
© 24hourcampfire