Home
Posted By: SFCSNOW Weatherby SA08 O rings - 01/08/20
Started by calling customer service...worthless. Do any of you know where to find replacement O rings for their 12 and 20? The few places I found are out of stock.
I suspect they use the same size as the Remington 1100/11-87. Check out the size for the Remington and order a pack of Viton rings for it. Viton is the heat resistant type. Some of the shotgun gurus will probably chime in with the exact size.

Factory o-rings cost $5 or higher. The bulk Viton rings are the same thing, but at a much lower price. The last time I ordered some it was for my daughter's boyfriend's 12 gauge and I gave the rest of the pack to my local gun guy to sell cheap.

Just checked Amazon and the Remington size are all over the place for about $10 for three or four. You still need to confirm whether I am right on the size. I will do a search and see what I can come up with.

I did some internet prowling and the Remington size may not be correct. Seems the Remington o-ring fits on the gas piston and the Weatherby o-ring fits into the gas port on the barrel. I would take the existing o-ring to a good auto parts store and try to match up. Just don't settle for a Buna N o-ring. The are oil resistant but won't last long before they burn out.
Posted By: SFCSNOW Re: Weatherby SA08 O rings - 01/08/20
I’ll try to measure them and order some. Thanks.
I called them last summer and they sent me out some right away. No charge.
It helps if you have the part number when you call.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Weatherby SA08 O rings - 01/09/20
Figure out what the standard size o-ring it is and then a trip to your local auto parts store will have a supply of them for under a dollar.
Posted By: bobski Re: Weatherby SA08 O rings - 01/09/20
cheesy nailed it. a plumbing store is another good bet. afterall, im sure the gun co's didn't just invent an o ring when they designed their gun. they most likely got one from a source and put their name on it.
© 24hourcampfire