Home
Posted By: SCGunNut Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/11/20
Been wanting one of these for awhile and finally scratched it off the list. Prettiest Grade 1 I've seen. Tempted to send it to Briley for tubes, but will probably leave it alone, All I'm likely to hunt with it will be doves, so Modified will be perfect.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: battue Re: Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/11/20
Nice find!!
Posted By: SS336 Re: Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/11/20
Wow, that’s a beauty. I could live with a modified choke in that, great wood.
Posted By: steve99 Re: Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/11/20
That is a nice one! Well done.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/18/20
That is a beautiful shotgun, sir.
Posted By: bobski Re: Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/19/20
I had one in 20 and 28. grade 5's. beautiful guns. swing nice. no speed pumping. no big deal.
browning had the nicer wood.
enjoy it.

dont choke it. youll find mod is all youll need.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/19/20
Had a GrV like that but your wood is nicer.
That's an extraordinarily nice piece of wood on that gun, especially as it's a Grade I. I had a 28 gauge Grade I for a long time. Bought it used from a guy who had been a quail hunter out in the mid-West. He'd opened the choke to IC, added a recoil pad to lengthen the length of pull and put a mid-rib bead and an oversized safety button on the gun. He'd shot it quite a bit before I bought it and I put about two thousand rounds through it, mostly at skeet, before selling it. By that time it was as smooth as an original Winchester Model 12. You could point the barrel skyward and push the slide release and the gun would open itself just from the weight of the forearm.

I bought it on Dave Riffle's advice. I'd called him looking for an original Winchester to shoot and when he discovered what I intended to do with it, he strongly recommended the Browning as less expensive, but completely satisfactory alternative for my purposes.

I've pretty much gone to sxs shotguns, primarily hammer shotguns these days, so the Browning went on down the road. But while I owned it, it was a completely reliable companion and I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to own another.
Nice shotgun and the good thing about modified is you always have the right choke!
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/21/20
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Gorgeous gun, sir !!!
Here's some interesting research regarding the modified choke. Again, nice Model 12:

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/longgun_reviews_st_headintheclouds_201002/99884
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Browning Model 12 20ga - 06/24/20
Very nice!
© 24hourcampfire