Home
Posted By: shaman Nikko Stirling - 07/07/20
I have a quick question about Nikko Stirling scopes.

My one hunting buddy bought a Wetherby Vanguard over a decade ago with a Nikko scope on it. The scope fell apart internally last year. He went to get it repaired, and found he couldn't. He went out and bought a new one. It's got a 50mm objective like the old one. I have to say, the old one was a serious light bucket. We could pick out detail in moonlight that was mud in any other scope we had at the time.

My question to y'all is this: How does Nikko Stirling stack up in the firmament of rifle scopes?
Posted By: Higginez Re: Nikko Stirling - 07/07/20
Nikko Sterling is down there with Leupold and the bubble wrap scopes.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Nikko Stirling - 07/07/20
Howa used nikko in their game king package a good bit.

I've owned several howa made rifles but never a nikko optic......I have no opinion on nikko.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Nikko Stirling - 07/08/20
And based on feedback from this forum over the years regarding nikko scopes, I've never been tempted to buy one.
Posted By: shaman Re: Nikko Stirling - 07/08/20
OK. I'm starting to get the picture. I'm now thinking Simmons with slant-eyes. Cool.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Nikko Stirling - 07/08/20
Had one that I won at an NRA dinner, mounted on a Howa 308. Almost had to use vice grips to turn the power ring. Junk!
Posted By: deflave Re: Nikko Stirling - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by shaman
I have a quick question about Nikko Stirling scopes.

My one hunting buddy bought a Wetherby Vanguard over a decade ago with a Nikko scope on it. The scope fell apart internally last year. He went to get it repaired, and found he couldn't. He went out and bought a new one. It's got a 50mm objective like the old one. I have to say, the old one was a serious light bucket. We could pick out detail in moonlight that was mud in any other scope we had at the time.

My question to y'all is this: How does Nikko Stirling stack up in the firmament of rifle scopes?

I think they're huge pieces of fugking schit.
© 24hourcampfire