Home
Posted By: Bill_N Feedback on Iron Sight Inc. - 07/12/20
I sent a Redfield 2-7 Tracker in for service on Jan 8th of this year. The scope did not track to the left when trying to sight in. I had seen some bad feedback on Iron Sight somewhere so I hesitated to mail it out but the scope belonged to my deceased father-in-law and I wanted to see if I could get it fixed so off it went. I got an email shortly afterwards stating it should be done in 8-16 weeks. Then the virus happened and I forgot about it. I got an email last Monday stating it was being mailed out the next day. I showed up yesterday and along with fixing the windage issue they rebuilt the variable power erector which was really stiff. Set the parallax, cleaned all the lenses and resealed the scope. The work is covered by a 1 year warranty. I couldn't be happier with it, it seems like a new scope. I put it back on my Savage 99 this morning and will get to the range this week. I expect it will be fine but if not I'll report back.
Posted By: lotech Re: Feedback on Iron Sight Inc. - 07/12/20
They fixed an old Redfield silhouette scope for me and did excellent work. Took 4-5 months as I recall.
I bought an original Denver Redfield in the classifieds here, 2 & 3/4X with post and crosshair reticle, that looked brand new. The clown failed to mention that the scope was to blurry to be usable.

Called Iron Site and they assured me they could take care of it, so I sent them the scope and a check.

Got the scope back in about 3 months, and it was perfect, crystal clear !!!

As lotech said, they do excellent work and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
They redid 3 old Weavers for me about 4 years back. They have worked fine for me, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

They are a small shop, or at least they were when I dropped mine off, the technician who repaired mine took time to talk to me for a while.
I've got two of 'em here that need work. One is a wide field straight 6x. My dad had it on his Model 700 BDL in 7 MAG. The other was a 3-9 and I had it on my .280- Remington built on a 98 Mauser. It went bonkers and opened up the grouping from 1.5" to 5".
I bought an old Weaver that they'd rebuilt and am very pleased with it.
I have a 6x Widefield I would love a #4 German Reticle in. Do they do special orders or only the 6 reticles they have listed?
I have a 6x Widefield I would love a #4 German Reticle in. Do they do special orders or only the 6 reticles they have listed?
I had Ironsight, Inc., rehab 2 Denver Redfield 2-7x scopes and had them install the German-style reticle, their #1 style. They did a great job, the scopes came back in like-new condition, but when I had mine done the work took over a year to complete. I'm glad to learn that their turne-around time is currently much quicker.

In retrospect, I find that their #1 reticle is on the edge of being too heavy/thick to use at ranges over 100 or so yards. They are so heavy/thick that they are really easy to see in low light conditions. I put those scopes on a pair of Interarms Mark X mannlichers in 7x57 and 9.3x62 that I put together for my next, last, African plains game hunt.
Posted By: hanco Re: Feedback on Iron Sight Inc. - 07/15/20
They are slow but I was happy with scopes when I got them back
© 24hourcampfire