Home
Which one is best on a typical deer rifle used in the southeast?
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

I have about 4 of the 3200 scopes and I love them. Clear glass, hold zero, and good precise adjustments. I had a Leupold, that I'm pretty sure was the VX-2, and I sent it on down road, if that tells you anything.
I would go for the Bushnell. I have an Elite 3000 and a couple Elite 3200 and really like them. I especially like the hydrophobic Rainguard coating that improves visibility in the rain. The scopes are tough, the optics are good and they hold zero well. I also have Leupold scopes and they are nice but the Rainguard coating of the Bushnell really improves it's usefulness as a hunting tool.
I'd choose the Bushnell Elite as well. I have 4200's on most of my rifles and prefer them to Leupold's.
Elite...
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

I am for the most part a Leupold fan, that said the VX2 3x9x40 is one of my least favorite model's and the Elite 3200 is a pretty good scope.
I like the 3200's. I've had a 3-9 for a lot of years and its never given me trouble.

Like my Leupolds too, but have had some wonky adjustments with a couple of them. Between the two I'd probably go Elite.
3200 and it ain't close.
If you can find one I would suggest getting the 3-9 4200 Elite. I’ve owned the 3200’s and am very pleased with them. I own several VX-2’s and am happy and I own 4200’s. I love the rain guard coating, it just plain works. I would give the edge to the VX 2 over the 3200 on sharpness and clarity but not by much. The 4200 though in my book is the better glass. That being said if I wanted an all weather rig for wet conditions, I would choose the 3200 over the Leupold due to the rain guard feature. I’m talking a whitetail rig here and not a target rifle.
Well I am sorry I don't own or have never used a 3200. I have 4200's and the above post made me realize I was wrong in my comment. I think I am getting old.
The Leupold will have more eye relief if you're shooting a hard kicking rifle. Other wise, I like the Bushnell Elites. Optics are competitive in good weather, but the Bushnell is way better when it rains. Most of my deer rifles wear Elites.
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
If you can find one I would suggest getting the 3-9 4200 Elite. I’ve owned the 3200’s and am very pleased with them. I own several VX-2’s and am happy and I own 4200’s. I love the rain guard coating, it just plain works. I would give the edge to the VX 2 over the 3200 on sharpness and clarity but not by much. The 4200 though in my book is the better glass. That being said if I wanted an all weather rig for wet conditions, I would choose the 3200 over the Leupold due to the rain guard feature. I’m talking a whitetail rig here and not a target rifle.

My experience pretty much echoes this. I have an Elite 4200 3-9x40 and a VX-2 3-9x40 and prefer the Elite. But I’d rather have a VX-2 than an Elite 3200.
I like the 3200's but I like the VX2 Leupold better. Only owned 2 of the Bushnells. They are gone now and Leupold VX2 and VX3 are on my deer rifles. Chose the Leupods because of lighter weight and better glass.
I have owned many of both these scopes and I'd rate this a draw, Both will hold zero equally, I would give the Elite a little edge in optic brightness/clarity but the Leupold has a better eyebox and relief....These are both very good scopes for their price so no bad choice here...Good luck...Hb
I will take the VX-2. The glass on the 3200 is great, but they eye relief sucks.
© 24hourcampfire