Home
[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
[Linked Image from uploads-ssl.webflow.com]

New Burris Riflescopes Have Started to Arrive:

We have received the #200489 Fullfield IV 3-12x42mm - C4 Wind MOA Illuminated and we are awaiting the rest of the line

We also just got in their:

#200530 Signature HD 2-10x40mm - E3 MOA

#200532 Signature HD 3-15x44mm - Plex

#200534 Signature HD 5-25x50mm - Fine Plex

We've got MANY other deals going on so please just give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss the Optic, Camera or Tripod you're looking for and we will hook you up.

Check out our Recent Sales Flyer

We appreciate all the orders and support. Please stay well and safe.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug1 smile

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
Prices are good, Specs are great (weight length)

Now if they track well this might be a gamechanger.
Where are they made?
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

That one looks interesting but nowhere ( even on Burris website) can I find how much of the reticle is illuminated...
Originally Posted by barm
Where are they made?

I'm interested in that too, for both lines.
China
Originally Posted by ingwe

That one looks interesting but nowhere ( even on Burris website) can I find how much of the reticle is illuminated...

Center dot illumination
China

Thanks for the info.

Too bad though.
Yep, wont go there. For Chinascopes I buy Hawke.
Just like those Signature rings, sellout SOBs!

Center dot illumination

NICE! Thanks!
with all the crap thats happened and came out of China in the last few months, I wouldnt own a Chinese made optic if it was given to me

Time to quit pushing this [bleep]!!!
Originally Posted by 338rcm
with all the crap thats happened and came out of China in the last few months, I wouldnt own a Chinese made optic if it was given to me

No doubt. Feel the same way. I know Burris had all this arranged before Corona, but hopefully they change their approach going forward.

I agree!!! Chinese made is non negotiable for me. Phillapenes wasn't too bad, Nikon made great products there. China has never been known for quality
Doug is just trying to let you know what's new. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Thats how capitalism works....
Everyone is free to express what they think, that's how America works. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Is the center crosshair on the MOA reticle as thick as the image makes it look?
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
Everyone is free to express what they think, that's how America works. If you don't like it, don't read it.

10-4

And another one is off to 'ignore'...
Hey, if you can't take it...don't dish it out. I personally couldn't care less what you choose to ignore or entertain.
Doug is just trying to let you know what's new. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

The more I think about this, I owe Ingwe an apology. I fully understand Doug is simply passing on the information, and I mean no offense towards him. I shouldn't have gotten snappy at your comment, it was spot on. I just happen to be fiercely American. I served as US Marine, and have a confrontational side to me. I like to see things made here, and along the same lines, am obviously predisposed to avoid Chinese imported goods. I feel those sentiments are something people like Doug may like to know, being in the industry and how it may effect sales, trends, etc. At any rate, please accept my apology for getting rude with you Ingwe. I try not to get emotionally involved in computer forums, but I failed this time. Kind regards.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
If they are final inspected and tested in Greeley before shipment like the Philippine scopes, they may be fine. But made in China is a turn-off for me, although it’s pretty tough to avoid everything Hecho en China. Happy Trails
This post in no way was intended to be anything other than a notification of new product release arrival info. Folks are always asking about when new product actually ships.

Unfortunately, without Pacific Rim interaction in the Optics and Electronic industry we would have virtually no products to offer. Like it or not, that's reality...As I type this on my Pacific Rim made computer and you read it on yours, or your made in China iPhone or whatever you use for internet access. Just sayin'
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Here’s the Reticle map out of their catalog, 0.13 MOA thickness is pretty doggone small, but vector graphics do have a tendency to mislead the appearance of tiny details like this.

Attached picture ret.jpg
Attached picture ret1.jpg
Hey, if you can't take it...don't dish it out. I personally couldn't care less what you choose to ignore or entertain.

You cared enough to reply.

Here’s the Reticle map out of their catalog, 0.13 MOA thickness is pretty doggone small, but vector graphics do have a tendency to mislead the appearance of tiny details like this.

Thanks Doug.

You cared enough to reply.

You're right, I also cared enough to apologize when I wrong.
I think it's perfectly reasonable to express one's disappointment that something is made in CHINA and that they won't buy Chinese when there are other options. In the case of telescopic rifle sights, there are many options not made in CHINA.

Interpret this as the market speaking...
China. Are you F'n kidding me?
Thought about trying one. No mas.
I wasn't thrilled about the made in China thing and deleted my earlier post to that effect. I've had such good luck with Burris scopes I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and now have a 2-10x40 on the way from Camerland. It's going on a 6.5 CM and the reticle is supposed to be calibrated for that cartridge, so I guess if the turrets aren't up to repeatable dialing, it has elevation/wind holdover/holdoffs built in. For those looking on Doug's site, the link to the 2-10x40 shows a picture of one of the higher power scopes with taller turrets. The 2-10x40 appears to have low profile turrets which appeal more to me. Screen shot from Burris' site:

Originally Posted by JGray
I wasn't thrilled about the made in China thing and deleted my earlier post to that effect. I've had such good luck with Burris scopes I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and now have a 2-10x40 on the way from Camerland. It's going on a 6.5 CM and the reticle is supposed to be calibrated for that cartridge, so I guess if the turrets aren't up to repeatable dialing, it has elevation/wind holdover/holdoffs built in. For those looking on Doug's site, the link to the 2-10x40 shows a picture of one of the higher power scopes with taller turrets. The 2-10x40 appears to have low profile turrets which appeal more to me. Screen shot from Burris' site:

I am interested in hearing what you think about it.

What exactly is HD glass?
I just picked it up at the PO and am fiddling with it now and liking it so far. Glass looks good, power ring is smooth, fast focus eye piece works well, turret adjustments are crisp (not mushy at all) and initial impression of the reticle is positive. Can't really tell much more until I get it mounted and shoot it. Not really sure on the HD glass, but a quick Google search gives this:

"You may notice the terms ED or HD being used in higher end optics. To make this as simple as possible, we'll give a quick primer: ED stands for “extra-low dispersion,” and may also be referred to as HD glass. This glass almost always contains Fluorite, which cuts down on chromatic aberration and glare."

Amen to that Sir.

Jim
Where does it say they're made in China?
On the bottom of the turret housing.
The ones I have says Phillipines.
Originally Posted by Lucas1

Which models of new Signature and FF IV scopes do you have? How do you like them?
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Which models of new Signature and FF IV scopes do you have? How do you like them?

I don't have any of these models yet if those are the ones they are referring to.
Yes, those are what this thread is about.
I just picked it up at the PO and am fiddling with it now and liking it so far. Glass looks good, power ring is smooth, fast focus eye piece works well, turret adjustments are crisp (not mushy at all) and initial impression of the reticle is positive. Can't really tell much more until I get it mounted and shoot it. Not really sure on the HD glass, but a quick Google search gives this:

"You may notice the terms ED or HD being used in higher end optics. To make this as simple as possible, we'll give a quick primer: ED stands for “extra-low dispersion,” and may also be referred to as HD glass. This glass almost always contains Fluorite, which cuts down on chromatic aberration and glare."

so the scope is in fact marked made in china ??

if so , quite disappointing.........the new Burris line looked to have alot of good features
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

so the scope is in fact marked made in china ??

if so , quite disappointing.........the new Burris line looked to have alot of good features

Where does it say they're made in China?

On the bottom of the turret housing.
Some additional intel for those interested:

Fullfield II’s are all still made in the Philippines.

Fullfield IV, Signature HD, and RT15/RT25 are from China- all optics still get complete QA testing completed in Greeley, CO.
Thanks for the clarification Doug. It used to be a small thing but made in China is tough to support anymore. Especially by companies that made their names with Made in USA credentials.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Thanks for the clarification Doug. It's used to be a small thing but made in China is tough to support anymore. Especially by companies that made their names with Made in USA credentials.

I wish more would support this type of thinking!!!
Doug any idea when FF2’s will be back in stock? Prob going with one of those or vx-freedom
Originally Posted by Phoneman
Doug any idea when FF2’s will be back in stock? Prob going with one of those or vx-freedom

Burris in saying sometime in the next 3-5 weeks
Originally Posted by Phoneman

Burris in saying sometime in the next 3-5 weeks

Will the new shipment of FF2 scopes be made in China also?
I was back and forth on the burris. Went ahead and ordered and open box vx3i from you just now doug. Great price

From a few posts up...

Fullfield IV, Signature HD, and RT15/RT25 are from China- all optics still get complete QA testing completed in Greeley, CO.

From a few posts up...

Thanks

Somehow I missed that
Thanks for the support, enjoy it
This scope I bought recently had a sticker saying made in Pi which promptly fell off, is that normal
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Man, I’m glad I held onto my three USA made Signature Selects! Two are still mounted on a .35 Whelen and 7mm Weatherby Magnum respectively. One in battle spare mode. I also have a FourX 1.5-6x that I bought from Doug last season. I really like it too and it’s made in the Philippines for the Euro market I think. I had an old Burris 4x32(?) on a Remington 722 that I sold. Wish I had kept the scope.
Originally Posted by WAM
Man, I’m glad I held onto my three USA made Signature Selects! Two are still mounted on a .35 Whelen and 7mm Weatherby Magnum respectively. One in battle spare mode. I also have a FourX 1.5-6x that I bought from Doug last season. I really like it too and it’s made in the Philippines for the Euro market I think. I had an old Burris 4x32(?) on a Remington 722 that I sold. Wish I had kept the scope.

FWIW, we are down to the last few of those #200427 Burris Four X 1.5-6x42mm - 3P#4 E Dot Illuminated scopes
© 24hourcampfire