Home
Posted By: drover Leupold disappointment - 08/07/20
Another failure to disappoint that is.

A friend brought over his Winchester 7 Rem mag to mount a scope for an upcoming moose hunt. The scope was a used Leupold VX-2 4-12x40 of 2007 manufacture, I mounted it using Warne (Weaver Style) bases, and Burris Signature Zee rings. After setting the eye relief up properly for him, leveling the crosshairs and boresighting we went out back to my bench.

Using Nosler Trophy Bond 168 grain ammo - Shot #1 was 2 inches low of point of aim and just shy of 2 inches left - I clicked up 14 clicks, right 7 clicks and shot #2 was 1-1/2" above POA at 100 yds - perfect!, #3 and #4 shot clustered within an inch.

After an few minutes of cooldown he then shot another 3 shot group which clustered into a nice 3/4 inch group. The Nosler Trophy Bond ammo is pricey at $3.00 per shot but the smile on his face was priceless.

Not too bad for a box stock Model 70 and a used Leupold. But as I told him - this was the easy part, the hard part will come when he gets the moose down.

drover
Posted By: BillyE Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
But how does it track? Blah blah blah... I think Nightforce has convinced half the people in this forum that a good hunting scope 1) has to be dialed and 2) should be useful as a club, should your primary weapon fail.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
Drover: Just today I mounted a Leupold VX-3i 3.5x10 variable scope on a top'o the line Rifle I recently bought. I'll be shooting this rig within the week.
I haven't even shot it, yet I am confident it will provide me the service I have come to expect with Leupold Rifle scopes based on 55 years of trouble free performance on many, MANY dozens of Rifles and just a couple of pistols over that time.
I will be scoping up a new to me CZ 457 in 22 Magnum with a Leupold 6x18 variable that I bought just today here on these classifieds.
That scope should be here in a week or two.
Last week I bought an ultra-rare used Leupold 3x9 variable scope with adjustable objective and the E.F.R. feature - I will be mounting this scope on an known accuracy Ruger 10/22 heavy barrel in 22 L.R.
This Rifle will be shot next week at the latest.
IF.... and that is a mighty big "IF", ANY of these used Leupolds fail me in any way I will immediately report same here!
My point is my hoard of Leupolds have been with me through tough and harsh duty for a VERY long time and the next failure I experience with a Leupold Rifle scope will be my first!
PERIOD!
The few Leupold naysayers on this forum have had NO effect on my admiration for and trust in Leupolds performance, for well over half a century now.
Not one bit.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine American company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
I bought my first Leupold in 1973-4 and over the years have used most other scope brands, only Leupolds have never given me problems of any kind. Lately Leupolds are all I'll buy and I prefer older Leupolds ove the current models.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
You do know 'Hot Handloads' will destroy a Lu-Po right? LOL.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
Although this is a nit picking detail, if the scope was made in 2007, it would have been a VX-II. The VX-II line wasn't upgraded to the VX-2 line uptil 2012.

I have 12 4-12x40 Leupolds that all seem fully functional, even the Rifleman.

I've never had any trouble with a Leupold scope, but I seldom shoot any single rifle very much, so very limited routine wear and tear.

PS: The pearl of wisdom I'd offer to your friend is to aim to break the shoulders and keep shooting until the moose is down. My only moose recovery experience involved a lung shot moose that died in a 4' deep ice cold beaver pond.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
Yep,Leupolds work great for people who don't want to shoot a full box of ammo due to expense. Both the scope and rest of the box of ammo should last at least another 10 years.
Posted By: crshelton Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
There are 10 + Leupold scopes in my family and we NEVER have had a failure.
Posted By: drover Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Although this is a nit picking detail, if the scope was made in 2007, it would have been a VX-II. The VX-II line wasn't upgraded to the VX-2 line uptil 2012.

I have 12 4-12x40 Leupolds that all seem fully functional, even the Rifleman.

I've never had any trouble with a Leupold scope, but I seldom shoot any single rifle very much, so very limited routine wear and tear.

PS: The pearl of wisdom I'd offer to your friend is to aim to break the shoulders and keep shooting until the moose is down. My only moose recovery experience involved a lung shot moose that died in a 4' deep ice cold beaver pond.

That was my bad, when I said the scope was made in 2007 I should have said it the serial number indicated it was 7 years old - old timers brain error.

The scope is definitely a VX-2 (not VX-ll).

I already told him to not stop shooting until it is down because every shot moose I have seen headed for the water and ended up dying there.

drover
Posted By: elkaddict Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/10/20
I’ve owned 15-20 Vari-x-III scopes. I’ve never had one tract perfectly...and none of them ever failed. They were outstanding set and forget scopes with good class (I still have a 3.5x10 on a 340wby). I did have a VX-III quit holding zero. Would I buy another? Probably not. Once you experience something that tracks as advertised, there’s no going back. For what it’s worth, I’ve had 3 Swarovski scopes that failed to track as well, so the more expensive scopes are not immune.(Z3, Z5 and Z6).
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by elkaddict
I’ve owned 15-20 Vari-x-III scopes. I’ve never had one tract perfectly...and none of them ever failed. They were outstanding set and forget scopes with good class (I still have a 3.5x10 on a 340wby). I did have a VX-III quit holding zero. Would I buy another? Probably not. Once you experience something that tracks as advertised, there’s no going back. For what it’s worth, I’ve had 3 Swarovski scopes that failed to track as well, so the more expensive scopes are not immune.(Z3, Z5 and Z6).

Repeatable tracking is really important if you're going to dial up and down for range and left and right for windage, but not very important is you're going to set and forget. I've owned Leupold scopes for 50 years with good results, but I'm not a dialer. I think that scopes with the clearest/crispest optics that I own are B. Nickel Supras made in Marburg Germany. The scopes that I dial most frequently are Bushnell 10x40 Tacticals.
Posted By: drover Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/11/20
I am not a dialer either so set and forget works fine for me. I started using Leupolds in the early 80's for competition and eventually ended up putting them on my hunting rifles also. I have ran into one that did not track quite like it should when I was sighting in but once it was there it stayed. I also ran into one that the click values did not match 1/4" click values but it has also been just fine.

I used Leupold 6.5-20x40mm for silhouette competition which requires constant adjustment at least ever 10 shots and I never had a fail to track with them in over 30 years of competition. I did have one hang up one time (during sight-in) and that was when I learned about exercising the scope by occassionally running the adjustment from stop to stop to redistribute the thread lubricant.

All in all I have had a good relationship with Leupolds, they check a lot of boxes for me - they are lightweight, have a great eye-box, excellent optics, and the VX-2 and VX-3's have been a very good value for the dollar - at least for me. Maybe the dialers have a legitimate complaint but I always wonder about the rest of the story - such as proper mounting, accuracy of the rifle, capabilities of the shooter, and oh yes, lets not forget wind flags and the ability to discern what they are trying to tell us.

drover
Posted By: dale06 Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/11/20
I’ve had and still have many Leupolds, and probably will acquire more. Except for a few Zeiss Conquests, that’s all I’ve ever used. In 40 years, I had one handgun scope that was on a heavy recoiling contender come loose inside. Sent to a Leupold and it was fixed and returned in about three weeks.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by drover
I am not a dialer either so set and forget works fine for me. I started using Leupolds in the early 80's for competition and eventually ended up putting them on my hunting rifles also. I have ran into one that did not track quite like it should when I was sighting in but once it was there it stayed. I also ran into one that the click values did not match 1/4" click values but it has also been just fine.

I used Leupold 6.5-20x40mm for silhouette competition which requires constant adjustment at least ever 10 shots and I never had a fail to track with them in over 30 years of competition. I did have one hang up one time (during sight-in) and that was when I learned about exercising the scope by occassionally running the adjustment from stop to stop to redistribute the thread lubricant.

All in all I have had a good relationship with Leupolds, they check a lot of boxes for me - they are lightweight, have a great eye-box, excellent optics, and the VX-2 and VX-3's have been a very good value for the dollar - at least for me. Maybe the dialers have a legitimate complaint but I always wonder about the rest of the story - such as proper mounting, accuracy of the rifle, capabilities of the shooter, and oh yes, lets not forget wind flags and the ability to discern what they are trying to tell us.

drover

It is politically incorrect to suggest the things that you have written in the second sentence of your third paragraph, shame on you!
Posted By: battue Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/11/20
I really like Leupold, but bragging on them because you are set/forget or don't dial is weak praise today....
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/12/20
Just sighted in my bear gun, 3.5-10 cds, shoots federal 225 fusions damn good, especially for a factory Remington, factory ammo and a leupold... I suspect the granbaby will be posing in a bear pic for too long... 🤣🤣
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/12/20
Post 'em when you get 'em Jud! Looking forward to it.
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/12/20
Will do uncle Johnny, still got your bullets bud, I’ll get em to ya,
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/12/20
No worries Jud. I don't go to the range much when its 110* anyway.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by battue
I really like Leupold, but bragging on them because you are set/forget or don't dial is weak praise today....

I might have dialed a mile or 2 on Leupold erectors so can I brag on them? grin
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/12/20
I've owned a few, I own a few only had one fail. Now days I buy NF and SB.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/26/20
I had 3 of them fail
A 3.5x10 vari-x III, and 2 (two) MK IV's 4.5x14x40mm

All 3 on my 378 Bee. What a beast!
Other than those all others are ok so far.

The 378 Bee wears a compact NF now 2.5x10x40mm
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/26/20
The thirty or so Leupolds I have give me good service. I haven’t had a bad one, granted I don’t shoot any of them a lot. I couldn’t afford that many Nightforce scopes.
Posted By: elkaddict Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/27/20

Update: I worked up 225g loads in the 340WBY and needed to adjust point of impact up 2” and over 1”. The point of impact shifted left 7” and up 4”. When I attempted to adjust back, zero was completely lost...and the rifle won’t keep 3 shots on paper (it has always been a sub moa gun, and yes, rings/mount are secure). In fairness, I haven’t needed to adjust the scope in 20yrs. It would seem the erector assembly suffered some kind of catastrophic failure from lack of use.

Less I am accused of being a Leupold hater, I’ll also share that a recently acquiredVX-III was installed on a new Tikka. From bores sight to perfect sight in required 4 shots (3 of which were to confirm zero). Adjustments were perfect!
Posted By: BillyE Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/28/20

Update: I worked up 225g loads in the 340WBY and needed to adjust point of impact up 2” and over 1”. The point of impact shifted left 7” and up 4”. When I attempted to adjust back, zero was completely lost...and the rifle won’t keep 3 shots on paper (it has always been a sub moa gun, and yes, rings/mount are secure). In fairness, I haven’t needed to adjust the scope in 20yrs. It would seem the erector assembly suffered some kind of catastrophic failure from lack of use.

Less I am accused of being a Leupold hater, I’ll also share that a recently acquiredVX-III was installed on a new Tikka. From bores sight to perfect sight in required 4 shots (3 of which were to confirm zero). Adjustments were perfect!

It takes a hefty scope to stand up to a 340 wby. That’s a beast of a weapon.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/29/20
Maybe I should give away all my junkie Leupolds.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/29/20
I probably have fifteen to twenty Leupolds, including a couple on .41 magnum and .44 magnum revolvers. I've only had one over the years that gave me trouble. I sent it off to Leupold on a Thursday afternoon and put it back on the rifle on the following Tuesday evening.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/29/20
I’ve owned about a dozen or more Leupolds since the early 70s and never had a problem. I just removed a 3-9x33 compact that was mfg in 83 I bought used and mounted it In 89 on a Remington 722 that had been rebarreled to 7mm08. This rifle scope combo has been used extensively by me, 2 sons, and one daughter-in-law for 31 years without a problem. Only reason I replaced it was because my eyes have not held up as good as the scope and now I’m upgrading.
Posted By: mathman Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/29/20
I believe that compact model you mentioned may be on the tougher end of the scale for a Leupold.
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/29/20
I have transitioned out of all my Leupold scopes. I am not a turret twister and my Leupolds scopes have served me well for decades over various model changes. My first purchase was in 1984. Years later, I bought a made in USA, Zeiss Diavari C when they first came out for a new rifle that was being out together for my first elk hunt. I was impressed with it but continued buying Leupolds for two reasons, cost and eye relief. But, one of the differences that I loved about the Zeiss was the bigger eye piece which just seemed to make an animal's antlers easier to see since where I hunted had antler restrictions. Last year I bought a Meopta off of Doug and was again impressed with how easy it was to see antlers. I just took off my last Leupold and will be mounting Swarovski and Meoptas from now on. Am I disappointed in Leupold...Nope. I just found something else that works better for me.
Posted By: Filaman Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20
I've got 8 Leupolds and two Leupold made Redfield Revolutions. I've got 2 3-9x40 VX-1s, 1-9x40 Rifleman, and one Vari X II 3-9x40, and one VX-3L 4.5-14x56 MM, and 4 VX-3i 3.5-10x40s. They're light weight, clear, and hold zero very well. I haven't really had a blip out of any of them. The only thing I had was one of the VX-1s had a tight elevation turret knob, but I sprayed it with Rem-Oil and worked it and it loosened up fine. Other than that, no problems.

Would I buy more Leupolds? Yes, definitely.
Posted By: Elvis Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20
I just bought another FX ll 6x36. Secondhand but in very good nick. I'm rebarreling a rifle to 6.5x57 and had a brand new Z3 3-9x36 to go on, but I might put the 6x on instead. It just seems more 'right'.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20
Originally Posted by BillyE
But how does it track? Blah blah blah... I think Nightforce has convinced half the people in this forum that a good hunting scope 1) has to be dialed and 2) should be useful as a club, should your primary weapon fail.

Pretty sure it depends on how you hunt, shooters like to fiddle, stalkers don't.
Posted By: Elvis Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20
I find the Leupold debate amusing to a degree. The haters seemed to get really annoyed when people report they haven't had any issues with their scopes.

The worst scope I've ever had for tracking has been a Meopts 6x42 earlier this year.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by BillyE

Pretty sure it depends on how you hunt, shooters like to fiddle, stalkers don't.

It also depends on usage. Mountains, rocks, and horseback rides tend to test a scope's ability to hold zero more than a ground blind in the woods on flat ground. Similarly, high round counts tend to test a scope's mechanical ability to hold zero and work correctly more-so than 50 rounds a year total to zero, practice a bit, and then kill an animal or two.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20
Originally Posted by Elvis
I find the Leupold debate amusing to a degree. The haters seemed to get really annoyed when people report they haven't had any issues with their scopes.

The worst scope I've ever had for tracking has been a Meopts 6x42 earlier this year.

And the lovers go crazy when people report that they don’t track well hold zero etc.... that certainly goes both ways. I grew up on Leupold’s and loved them. After I used my first NF and SWFA’s I realized that you could and should be able to zero scopes in a few shots. Not only that no more tapping on the turret turning 2moa and nothing then turn a click more and jump 3moa. I rarely need to dial when hunting but I sure like to dial target shooting. Practicing at 500-1000 yards sure doesn’t hurt you on those normal 150 yard shots. No one likes and wishes Leupold’s worked more than I do. I think they look better than any scope on the market(maybe that’s because I grew up with them?) and they certainly weigh less than what I use now. That said I can’t and won’t go back because they don’t have any interest in correcting the problems because they don’t believe or care they have problems. 90%+ of Leupold fans don’t dial and don’t shoot more than 10-15 rounds per year with each rifle/scope. I’m sure Burns will be along shortly making fun and showing pictures of 400” bulls taken in the alfalfa fields around the red wall ranch along the river but he also sells Leupold scopes.
Originally Posted by Kaleb

And the lovers go crazy when people report that they don’t track well hold zero etc.... that certainly goes both ways. I grew up on Leupold’s and loved them. After I used my first NF and SWFA’s I realized that you could and should be able to zero scopes in a few shots. Not only that no more tapping on the turret turning 2moa and nothing then turn a click more and jump 3moa. I rarely need to dial when hunting but I sure like to dial target shooting. Practicing at 500-1000 yards sure doesn’t hurt you on those normal 150 yard shots. No one likes and wishes Leupold’s worked more than I do. I think they look better than any scope on the market(maybe that’s because I grew up with them?) and they certainly weigh less than what I use now. That said I can’t and won’t go back because they don’t have any interest in correcting the problems because they don’t believe or care they have problems. 90%+ of Leupold fans don’t dial and don’t shoot more than 10-15 rounds per year with each rifle/scope. I’m sure Burns will be along shortly making fun and showing pictures of 400” bulls taken in the alfalfa fields around the red wall ranch along the river but he also sells Leupold scopes.

+1

Good post.
I’ll add that my wife has a 6x42 fx111 on her 250AI. It has the lrd reticle and is perfect for her and gave no problems in the last 10 years. It’s not a super high volume gun and for all of her hunting shots except a couple she’s never needed to hold over. Once last year and seems like one or two more times she’s had to use the first dot down to shoot a deer. It’s worked perfectly every time.
Posted By: Filaman Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20
[quote=Elvis]I find the Leupold debate amusing to a degree. The haters seemed to get really annoyed when people report they haven't had any issues with their mainly .

And the lovers go crazy when people report that they don’t track well hold zero etc.... that certainly goes both ways. I grew up on Leupold’s and loved them....

Not so much as the haters. I think most fans acknowledge they don't always track well and that most of us are set and forget shooters. But for what we do, we prefer Leupolds because mainly they're lighter than most scopes and have better eye relief, and for our experience they hold zero. And what a lot of haters here keep saying we don't shoot that much, I shoot some of my rifles quite a bit with no problems with holding zero. I've got a great Idea. You haters keep using what you use and we lovers will stick to our trashy ol' Leupolds. It's not going to cost you a dime, that is unless you have an agenda to kill Leupold.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20

You called? laugh

Not 400 inches but then again not any where near alfalfa, 10 miles into wilderness, and a bit past 1100yds.

If your stymied getting a Higher end Leupold to dial I might suggest better rifles and shooting lessons.

Just Sayin. grin

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by Filaman
[quote=Elvis]I find the Leupold debate amusing to a degree. The haters seemed to get really annoyed when people report they haven't had any issues with their mainly .

And the lovers go crazy when people report that they don’t track well hold zero etc.... that certainly goes both ways. I grew up on Leupold’s and loved them....

Not so much as the haters. I think most fans acknowledge they don't always track well and that most of us are set and forget shooters. But for what we do, we prefer Leupolds because mainly they're lighter than most scopes and have better eye relief, and for our experience they hold zero. And what a lot of haters here keep saying we don't shoot that much, I shoot some of my rifles quite a bit with no problems with holding zero. I've got a great Idea. You haters keep using what you use and we lovers will stick to our trashy ol' Leupolds. It's not going to cost you a dime, that is unless you have an agenda to kill Leupold.

You sir just proved my point. I’m not a hater at all. If you would read my post I grew up on them and I said I still think they look better than any scope(my opinion) I also said no one wishes they correct the issues I find with them more than me. I didn’t bash the scope the brand the company or the users at all. I never said trashy you said that. I never said a rude or hateful thing in my post other than regarding the fan that sells or has sold the particular brand( I could have worded that better or kept it to myself). Very very few people bash Leupold. Some say they don’t work for me and move on. Way more Leupold fans get emotional about the scopes than the people who don’t use them any longer. Again your post proves this.
Well played John! Great bull and the scopes certainly work for you. No disrespect intended I just know you use and sell or did sell them and have to stand behind your products.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20
Well played John! Great bull and the scopes certainly work for you. No disrespect intended I just know you use and sell or did sell them and have to stand behind your products.

All good.

Just having fun, Kaleb. grin
Posted By: drover Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/30/20
Scope choices are like everything else in life - folks should just do whatever it takes to make them happy as long as they are not hurting someone else by doing it.

In the choice of scopes use whatever suits you and don't worry about what other folks opinion of them.

drover
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/31/20
Scope choices are like everything else in life - folks should just do whatever it takes to make them happy as long as they are not hurting someone else by doing it.

In the choice of scopes use whatever suits you and don't worry about what other folks opinion of them.

drover

Well said.

If you can kill 1000yd coyotes why worry what a few LDS whackadoos have to say?

Posted By: Kaleb Re: Leupold disappointment - 08/31/20
In all seriousness are the vx 5’s and 6’s doing well for you guys that use them? I know and hate it but the 3’s simply do not track consistently enough. I will say a vx3 3.5-10x40 with a m1 on top is my most favorite scope ever. They just don’t track return to zero and hold zero like some of the others I use now. I wish they did because I like them better they just don’t do the job as well.

Seriously I’m not a Leupold hater at all.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/01/20
In all seriousness are the vx 5’s and 6’s doing well for you guys that use them? I know and hate it but the 3’s simply do not track consistently enough. I will say a vx3 3.5-10x40 with a m1 on top is my most favorite scope ever. They just don’t track return to zero and hold zero like some of the others I use now. I wish they did because I like them better they just don’t do the job as well.

I could not agree more Kaleb.

I love the 3.5-10x40 but it just won't hang with an SWFA.

I've had a bunch too.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/01/20
They don’t track worth a ph uck
Posted By: bufaf Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/01/20
I had my first Leupold "failure" last Friday. Mounted a VXIII 1.5-5 on a Browning model 71 carbine .348 Winchester in a Williams sidemount. I got the rifle with the sidemount already on it for a very specialized short range elk hunt this November. I had planned on using my made in 1894 Winchester 1886 short rifle in 45/90, but my eyes are telling me that open sights are a bad idea these days. So, the sidemount should allow me at least use one of my "elk capable" top ejecting lever actions past about 50 yards.

Anyway, i shot 30 mid level 200 grain handloads through the rifle/scope combo. Took a little work, but eventually I got it on paper at 50 yards and then sighted in at 100. Thought everything was good until I put the scope back down to 1.5x. Then I saw it. A big blob of something in the upper right quadrant of the scope. Figured there was something on the outside lense. Cleaned the lenses when I got home. Son of a b...., its still there. Cranked it up to 5x, can't see it anymore. Back to 1.5, there it is again.

So, i took it off and sent it to Leupold on Friday. They got it today, we'll see how long it takes to get back here.
Posted By: bufaf Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/17/20
Got my repaired scope back today.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/17/20
I have a fair amount of older Leupolds, mostly various versions of 2.5x8; they are not dialed, they hold zero just fine, & to 500+ yards, they don't need to be dialed when zeroed to 300 yards on the rifles they are on.

Newer scopes that are used for dialing are not Leupolds.

MM
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/17/20

Kaleb, I’ve owned three VX6 scopes. They tract good enough to kill deer and elk out to 700 yards without placing a poor shot into the guts or good meat.

I tripped two of the three deciding to put NF on my go to rigs that I hunt bigger fur and travel with out of fear of having a malfunction when I’m out of state.

With that said, for years when dialing dope on my Leupold, I always had a ghost talking in my ear saying “This time your gonna get fûcked”...Never happened...But, the feeling was there.

I don’t have any worries dialing my NF or SWFA scopes.

I recently bought a VX5 to put on a 7/08 after chasing several scopes trying to find the right weight ration on this lightweight rig. The VX5 met my requirements easily over several others. I figure since I won’t take a shot much past 500 yards with the 7/08, I would be fine. I’ll just keep telling myself that, over and over....Mental conditioning is important.

Like you, I like Leupold. I think there scopes are sexy, less weight, good glass, and will kill quite well out to 700 yards.

Right now, I’m using a lot of Zeiss V4 turret glass. I’ve got close to 600 rounds down range. They’ve been excellent and they tract correctly during sighting in without any frustration...Plus the zero stop on the Zeiss V4 and V6 is slick.

😎
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/17/20
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

drover

Well said.

Did the yote know you were there?

Asking for Blackie

😬😎
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/18/20
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

drover

Well said.

Asking for Blackie a friend.

😬😎

There, I fixed it for you, knowing of course, what you really wanted to say. wink

MM
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/18/20
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Asking for Blackie

😬😎

Oh yeah he knew we were there.

Call shy dog barking his azz off.

He who laughs last. grin
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Leupold disappointment - 09/18/20
Pretty slick 😁
© 24hourcampfire