Home
Posted By: AMoore141 Flip cover - 08/26/20
Does anyone have an idea of what flip cover will fit the back end of a VX-5 30mm......it has a funny step down from the main part of the bell and one size butler creek is too big and falls off and the next size down wont go on. Am I the only one with this problem?
Posted By: rlp10ml Re: Flip cover - 08/26/20
Not sure of the exact one you need, but you might try the Quake Bushwacker Optic Covers. They are rubber which stretches with the flip cap instead of the plastic that does not stretch like the Butler Creeks.

https://quake.bpishopping.com/shop/optic-covers.html
Posted By: AMoore141 Re: Flip cover - 08/26/20
awesome....thanks. Ill look at those. Searched before for different brands, but never could come up with anything that looked decent.
Posted By: rlp10ml Re: Flip cover - 08/27/20
Originally Posted by AMoore141
awesome....thanks. Ill look at those. Searched before for different brands, but never could come up with anything that looked decent.

AMoore... You are welcome. They are very nice covers, I have the Amber ones on every scope I have.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Flip cover - 08/27/20
No help with the size,

I’ve given up on flip covers. The butler creek are junk now days. I’ve broken several.

The vortex brand may be better quality, haven’t tried those.

Now i use neoprene scope covers. Easier to fit and protects the whole scope from scratches.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Flip cover - 08/27/20
Just my opinion.....Aadmount is the best thing going and Tenebraex is the next best thing. They are costly but worth it.
Posted By: Filaman Re: Flip cover - 08/27/20
At one time I had Butler Creeks on every scope I owned. But I soon found they were a POS. I use my rifles and sometimes hard, and every one of them broke. Now I just use what comes with the scope. If the scope doesn't come with covers I use those nylon cloth ones that cover the whole scope. That's what comes on some Leupold's now.
© 24hourcampfire