Home
Posted By: Pappy348 Better get on the stick.... - 09/10/20
.....if you have Leupold scope that needs service.

I sent in a FX-II 2.5. Priority Mail had it there in 2 days. After about a week, I got an email back. Five weeks for service. No new custom orders or retrofits. No biggie for me as this one is spare right now.
Posted By: Judman Re: Better get on the stick.... - 09/11/20
I’ve never seen so many hard chargin hard core killers in my life!! God damn I’ve never heard of a leupold gettin sent back, other than here. But Remington 700’s bolts break, don’t feed, extractors break, floor plates fail blah blah fuucking blah... good god it’s rather amazing...
Well, since you asked so nicely....

I broke this one. Had it on my crossbow and the crank came off its mount and smashed into the eyepiece, shattering one lens at least. I explained that on my service request form. I expect that they'll fix or replace it, whichever is easiest and cheapest for them. If not, it's my fault, my loss.

This is the first scope I've ever sent back. Red dots? Another story.
I sent a vx3 1.5 x 20 last November got a new one back 18 working days later.
Originally Posted by Judman
I’ve never seen so many hard chargin hard core killers in my life!! God damn I’ve never heard of a leupold gettin sent back, other than here. But Remington 700’s bolts break, don’t feed, extractors break, floor plates fail blah blah fuucking blah... good god it’s rather amazing...

Ha, no [bleep]!
A few years ago I bought an older, gloss 3-9x from a buddy for a hundred bucks. Later upon close examination of the glass it appeared to have some issue. Like fine netting. I called Leupold and asked if they would have a look at it to see if it could be repaired. When they sent it back to me two weeks later they had replaced the glass and all of the internals of the scope. The only thing original was the tube. Free of charge.
Oh the horror!
Heck, I have been waiting on Schmidt and Bender to repair a Summit riflescope since mid January, basically 8 months.
Don't get how anyone got the notion I was being critical of Saint Leupold. I was merely letting people know the current time frame for service in case they had something that needed attention. This is the only one I ever had to send back, and again, it was my 100% my fault.
Hehe! That'll teach you, next time buy 'murican, LOL!

JK, Seriously, I'm no scope snob but S&B makes some of the finest optics I've ever looked through. I'm surprised when I even see people having problems with them.
I sent one in about 5 weeks ago. Had it back in 3 weeks. Bad erector, First failure I've ever had. I have 20 some Leupolds. The one that went bad had many thousands of rds. under it. They also replaced the whole rubber screw in eyepiece that I wrecked. No charge for anything. I'm not unhappy.
Posted By: drover Re: Better get on the stick.... - 09/13/20
I know a few folks at Leupold and have been told by them that this time of year is when they get swamped for repair / checkup orders. Hunting season is getting near and a lot of folks who missed their animal last year want their scopes checked before going hunting this year. Of course the fact that they have had months to send them in prior to hunting season and didn't get around to it but by golly they want them fixed and back within a week.

I suppose a lot of these same folks are just now discovering that there is no ammo available when there was plenty last year but they didn't buy it early either.

drover
No doubt, just like everything else.

"A lack of preparedness on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part", is how it goes I think.
Got an email today saying my scope is on its way back. No mention of whether they fixed or replaced. Either is fine with me. Beat the 5-week estimate. Good job.
They are backed up with the many "repairs".
Yep, some pretty tough customers here. Especially those who throw their rifles in a rocky river bottom. I’ve got to believe those folks never take care of anything and never had equipment that their life depended on. Happy Trails
Originally Posted by Judman
I’ve never seen so many hard chargin hard core killers in my life!! God damn I’ve never heard of a leupold gettin sent back, other than here. ...

I have more than a few accurate rifles and do shoot more than most. Maybe not most here, but definitely more than most in the overall scene. I also understand about mounting scopes so they are not pinched or in a bind. Nevertheless I have had to send in a few Leupolds. I've outlined the particulars in posts in the past.

Are you suggesting that because my hunting is more casual and less extensive than yours that I simply imagined the problems I had with my scopes?
Popcorn anyone ? 😁
Bought a new VX3i with some crud visible.
Sent it back, think 2 weeks later it shows up "fixed".
Was gonna shoot today but kinda under the weather.
Maybe tomorrow.

Leupold seems OK with me.

Have an old M8 4X compact laying around thats been fine.
Everything else is 2005 or newer.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Don't get how anyone got the notion I was being critical of Saint Leupold. I was merely letting people know the current time frame for service in case they had something that needed attention. This is the only one I ever had to send back, and again, it was my 100% my fault.

You have been here for a long time....15,000+ posts....with a good chance of seeing most all of the Leupold bashing posts...And didn't think this one would bring out the defenders and haters...Ok, but I'm not buying it....

And then we head it with "Better get on the stick...Leupold repair."
I have a VXR that needs to go back. Elevation isn’t working. New scope so I can’t blame it on me this time. Only the 2nd problem ever with a Leupold And I have close to 20.
Originally Posted by battue

You have been here for a long time....15,000+ posts....with a good chance of seeing most all of the Leupold bashing posts...And didn't think this one would bring out the defenders and haters...Ok, but I'm not buying it....

And then we head it with "Better get on the stick...Leupold repair."

Believe it or don't; matters not to me. What others do with the thread also doesn't matter, and is on them, not me. Thought the information might be helpful, and anyone with a reading comprehension level above the average chipmunk can see my comments were positive, not that it matters either.

https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/get-on-the-stick
Good grief. Pappy348 was being kind enough to provide some useful info and remind anyone wanting to send a Leupy in before hunting season that they need to hurry up. And, as often happens on the fire, one gets bashed for a good deed. Pitiful...
Well I have sent several Leupolds in for various reason. I have 2 to send in presently.
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well I have sent several Leupolds in for various reason. I have 2 to send in presently.

Better get on the stick.

That said I got a VX6 with a looseish parallax dial that need a bit of tightening.

I better get on the stick. laugh
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by rickt300

Better get on the stick.

That said I got a VX6 with a looseish parallax dial that need a bit of tightening.

I better get on the stick. laugh

It's been a while since I first posted this. Might better get crackin' instead.
#Leupold sucks
Originally Posted by BobBrown
#Leupold sucks

Bob seems like a guy who really has a handle on the hunting world. laugh

Got picts, Bob?

We'll wait. cool
Well, I got on the stick and today my little FXII 2.5 came home. 19 days, door to door. Pretty dang good. Fixed, not replaced.
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Good grief. Pappy348 was being kind enough to provide some useful info and remind anyone wanting to send a Leupy in before hunting season that they need to hurry up..
That's how I read it too.
Careful there Pappy, your fellow Leupy owners are a sensitive bunch.
Too old to worry about "careful" except maybe climbing stairs or pouring liquor. Climbing stairs after pouring liquor gets a double portion.

No doubt someone will decide "pretty dang good" is some kind of coded criticism.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by BobBrown
#Leupold sucks

Bob seems like a guy who really has a handle on the hunting world. laugh

Got picts, Bob?

We'll wait. cool

You can diddle yourself to another image , douche bag

Go cry to Bin or something
I got the 5 week email as well. It’s for a vari-x-III AO. Does anyone know what they do when a comparable model is no longer made (assumes they elect not to repair)? I tried to adjust poi to reflect a new load (Weatherby no longer sells 210g partitions for the 340wby) and it lost its ability to hold zero). I’m not real critical, this scope has withstood recoil for 25+ years and probably 400 rounds.
Too old to worry about "careful" except maybe climbing stairs or pouring liquor. Climbing stairs after pouring liquor gets a double portion.

Never pour liquor while you're climbing the stairs.
Posted By: Bill_N Re: Better get on the stick.... - 10/01/20
I sent in a 2-7 Ultimate Slam the first week of August and got the same email about a week after I sent if off. 5 Days later I got it back repaired.
Part of the Corporate Mantra where I used to work was "Exceed Customer Expectations". Maybe they bought the same program. And maybe all the complaints have started to sink in, and they've decided to do something about it, quietly.
I wonder if COVID BS where Leupold is, isn’t to blame for the custom shop and now this?.......on top of whatever else is the flavor of the month for Leupold problems.
Looks like in my case and the one just above, they beat their estimated turnaround time by a good bit. Closing the Custom Shop, or suspending its operation for a bit seems like a simple business decision, perhaps to focus resources elsewhere. Don't know of any other optics company that offers that service; maybe there's a good reason.
© 24hourcampfire