Home
Posted By: CP Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 Z Plex - 09/16/20
I have been interested in the traditional Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 Z Plex for some time, but have felt that it was over priced. I also saw the Cabelas thread, but I did not care for the reticle or the potential warranty issues with that Instinct offering. However, I found the following and have my first Meopta on its way: https://www.sportoptics.com/meopta-meopro-598370.aspx If it gives me the same service that I have had with my Conquests, I’ll be happy.
Posted By: ATC Re: Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 Z Plex - 09/20/20
I ordered 3 of them yesterday. I hope they are as good as everyone says.
Originally Posted by ATC
I ordered 3 of them yesterday. I hope they are as good as everyone says.

I think you’ll be satisfied. I like them.

CP,

Meopta made the conquests.
I agree with Dave, I think you will be pleased with your purchase. I was using one on a 10/22 bull barrel that I just had threaded and now 2 of my buddies want the same to do the same thing to their rifles. Both have 3 year old scopes made by a company that no longer makes scopes and are nowhere near the quality of a MeoPro optic.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
To bad they are 50 yd parallax adjusted instead of 100yd. At that price I find one on a deer rifle.
I am a fan of adjustable parallax on all my scopes. Meopta does have the Optika5 2-10x42 and an Optika5 3-15x44 that have adjustable parallax. Very nice glass and well made.
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
To bad they are 50 yd parallax adjusted instead of 100yd. At that price I find one on a deer rifle.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/meopta-meopro-3-9x40mm-rimfire-muzzleloader.html
I believe only the rimfire is set at 50; the one the op linked should be 100.
Correct, The Optika5 2-10x42 Rimfire has parallax adjustment and would work great on a centerfire as well. the 3-15 has parallax adjustment.
Originally Posted by bman940
Correct, The Optika5 2-10x42 Rimfire has parallax adjustment and would work great on a centerfire as well. the 3-15 has parallax adjustment.

Copy.
The original OP post was not about the optika - it was about the meopro - and I thought that’s what big joe was responding to. Perhaps the discussion shifted to the optika and I missed that.
Carry on.
Only place I could find the Factory setting for the Meopta 598370 was at Doug's website Camera land my. it lists the parallax factory set for 50yds.
Optics planet lists the Meopta 598370 at 100 and the Meopta 598360 at 50. Who knows. Perhaps Doug will clarify. I have the 598370 and it sure doesn’t seem like it’s set at 50.
Decided on the Meopta Meopta 3x9 BDC. One on order. $375 is a good price. This will be my third Meopta. Two others a Meopta built Zeiss Conquest.
The Meopta #598370 parallax is set at 100 yards, the 598360 is set at 50 yards.
Posted By: CP Re: Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 Z Plex - 09/22/20
I have received my scope, and my initial impression of it is very positive. The tube is a bit long, but its clarity is fantastic. It has aluminum turret caps, made in the Czech Republic label and a 10 year warranty. My biggest issue with it is deciding on which rifle to mount it.
Posted By: RGK Re: Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 Z Plex - 09/22/20
Just ordered one. Good price on a scope that's hard to find now. Thanks for the heads-up.
Bob
Posted By: CoryP Re: Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 Z Plex - 09/23/20
I also just ordered one, that’s a really good deal.
© 24hourcampfire