Home
Posted By: MOW Scope choices - 10/16/20
What is a good scope in $400 range? Tracks well and holds zero, Standard duplex reticle, no lighting, matte finish.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
Used Bushnell 4200 4-16X. Fantastic. I have one that is NOT forsale.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
MEOW,

How serious are you,or are you just going to be another Emotional CLUELESS Fhuqktard,that melts down and cries? Hint.

Rather easy for me to connect dots,but you'll haveta' proclaim to not being a Retarded Crying Karen,or a Texan. Hint.

Laughing!.....................
Posted By: MOW Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
Forgot to add, I been hunting since I was 14, now I'm 53. I deer hunt every year, hog hunt every few years and elk hunt about every 6 years. I've had mostly under $300 scopes, Leupold, Bushnell, Weaver and Redfield. They have done the job, but I want to step up to something better for deer and elk hunting. I don't target shoot, but I do go to the range and practice through out the summer and accuracy test my handholds. Something in the range of 3x9, 3.5x10 or 4x12 work fine, as most of my shots are under 200 yards. Just looking for some actually user input on what you think would work well in that price range. If you think I would be better suited going up to $450 or $475 tell me and what scope that would be. Again, I have a lot of experience hunting and shooting, just not with scopes in this price range. Thanks everyone.
Posted By: MOW Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by Ringman
Used Bushnell 4200 4-16X. Fantastic. I have one that is NOT forsale.

Thank you, I'll take a look at them.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by MOW
Forgot to add, I been hunting since I was 14, now I'm 53. I deer hunt every year, hog hunt every few years and elk hunt about every 6 years. I've had mostly under $300 scopes, Leupold, Bushnell, Weaver and Redfield. They have done the job, but I want to step up to something better for deer and elk hunting. I don't target shoot, but I do go to the range and practice through out the summer and accuracy test my handholds. Something in the range of 3x9, 3.5x10 or 4x12 work fine, as most of my shots are under 200 yards. Just looking for some actually user input on what you think would work well in that price range. If you think I would be better suited going up to $450 or $475 tell me and what scope that would be. Again, I have a lot of experience hunting and shooting, just not with scopes in this price range. Thanks everyone.

May I suggest the Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10x44 RD - BDC 2 which we have on sale reduced from $799.99 to only $479.99

Attached picture BDC2.jpg
Attached picture bdc2reticle.jpg
Posted By: Fotis Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
SWFA....... if you want to go Variable I highly recommend the 3x9
Posted By: Fotis Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
https://www.samplelist.com/entire-sample-list/swfa-ss-3-9x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope-demo-b-2.html

You will be hard pressed to find a better scope for the funds

I just received mine in 3x9 and 3x15

https://www.samplelist.com/entire-sample-list/swfa-ss-3-9x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope-demo-c-1.html
Posted By: rj308 Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
I would suggest taking Doug up on the offer for a Meopta 3.5-10x44. I have 2 and I believe they are the best value in an all around scope available today. And here in Europe, I paid much more for the 2 that I have than Doug will sell them for. RJ
Posted By: Tstorm1 Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
As rj308 said take a look at Meopta. I have an older Meopta Artemis series and dusk and dawn are it strong points, gathers light very well.

Call Doug, he will give you some other ideas as well and may have something on clearance that might have otherwise been out of your budget.
Posted By: Bater Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
3-9 SWFA on sale
Posted By: Dre Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
Kind of in the same boat.
Doug., Can you tell me more about this one.. Meopta Optika6 2.5-15x44 RD SFP - KDot
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by Dre
Doug., Can you tell me more about this one.. Meopta Optika6 2.5-15x44 RD SFP - KDot

What would you like to know?
Posted By: scottfromdallas Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20

Trijicon makes some really nice scopes that are made in Japan. The Huron is their plane Jane hunting line and in your price range.

I have 3 of their 3-9x40 Accupower scopes.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...1-in-Satin-Black-Riflescope-2700005.aspx
Posted By: Dre Re: Scope choices - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Dre

What would you like to know?

I’m looking For hunting scope but also range time in off season.
You suggested the 3.5-10 while this one 2.5-15 is about the same price
What’s the difference between two.
How does the kdot work for hunting vs standard duplex.

To the OP. Do not get exposed turrets for hunting unless they got a lock.
Reason I’m looking for a new scope, This last deer season, I found My 3-12 scope dials to be moved from my rubbing against my back pack
Posted By: Starbuck Re: Scope choices - 10/17/20
What model scope is it that dails accidentally turned on?

I don't mind running capped turrets to keep them from accidentally turning; however, I like to know that the scope is robust enough to stand up to twisting on, and it seems that is where things unravel for most capped turret scopes I've played with, especially most manufacturer's 1” offerings. The NF SHV 3-10 is one example of a scope with capped turrets that also shines when being twisted on, and I've gotten outstanding service from a couple.

But, I often carry some SWFA 6x and 3-9 HD's, which have exposed turrets that don't lock. I really haven't had trouble with them turning on their own, but I do paint reference marks on the tubes and arrows on the caps with a paint marker so that I can immediately see if they're on zero. Further, there's ways around having exposed turrets turn accidentally, such as shims to turn the knob tight onto, rubber gaskets set to make the turret hard to turn, and adding elevation to the mounting system to zero it near the bottom of the scope's adjustments.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Scope choices - 10/17/20
I HATE it,when my uncapped "tender" turrets "move" on "accident". Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

BS:

What stock have you found to have less drag when tossing, the factory FC handle, or the McMillans? Or maybe the extra mass in a boyd's laminate carries better over distance?

I bought a 6x swfa quite a few years ago sceptically thinking there's no way they could really be worth a chit at that price. Obviously I was way wrong. It's no wonder they're on perpetual back order.

Even if I was never going to twist on it, I'd still buy them to just work off the great reticle.

Ghost twisting turrets seems to come up as a concern quite a bit it. I don't think I baby things by any stretch, and I often hunt in some really thick second growth that tugs at everything, but I just haven't had it be an issue on the swfa.
Posted By: WAM Re: Scope choices - 10/17/20
If you grip the barrel and do a shot put spin prior to releasing your grip, you can fling a rifle a pretty long way! Hint
Posted By: Dre Re: Scope choices - 10/17/20
Starbuck, it’s a Nikon M tactical 3-12x42
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Scope choices - 10/17/20
Tough to beat a FC,for BC. Boyd's tends to have nice SD. McMillan is without peer,if only as per always. Hint.

I've heard of SWFA scopes,but as of yet,have to see one in the flesh. Do you have any pictures?

Thanks!..............
BS:

Nice try.

Hopefully you'll have better luck in the local fishing holes; hate for you to miss out on the winter's protein.
Posted By: Lw308 Re: Scope choices - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Tough to beat a FC,for BC. Boyd's tends to have nice SD. McMillan is without peer,if only as per always. Hint.

I've heard of SWFA scopes,but as of yet,have to see one in the flesh. Do you have any pictures?

Thanks!..............

I hear the "SWFA" are equal to hammers to make "tack drivers" out of any rifle. If you cant see chit you cant shoot chit!!!
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Scope choices - 10/18/20
Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40 (Camerland) $349
Vortex Viper 2.4-10x44 (MidwayUSA on sale) $250
Meopta 3.5-10x44 (Camerland as mentioned) $479
© 24hourcampfire