Home
What rings and bases are you using on your six lug Mark V action? Thanks in advance. Desire advice for both 1" and 30mm scopes...
I have two. Both use Talley lightweight.
The one I own and the one I did for my son both wear Talley Lightweights.
Talley bases and split rings
I have a few and have had more. Talley bases and split rings on some, really like the Leupold QR bases and rings on one (though don't use the switch function ability), and standard Leupold R&B work fine as well.
I have 4 6 lug Mark V Talley lightweights on 1 Talley split rings and bases on one and Near Alphamounts on the others. I really like the Alphamount but there's a significant difference in price and it looks great on a Mark V action. I tried to post an image but its too big+ .
here's a link to Richards web site several images there.

http://www.nearmfg.com/

Good luck and shoot straight y'all
DNZ 2 piece rings for a 6 lug and if price is not a consideration Near Alphamount as mentioned above. The Near Alphamount is the best hunting mount ever made.
I have Burris Double Dovetail mounts on mine, but think they are made from unobtainium these days. 30mm Signature rings on mine. I’m sure the others mentioned are good, too. Happy Trails
Talley lightweight 30mm mediums, fits a 50mm just fine. Lows should work with 42mm or smaller scopes.
thanks much for the recommendations!
Don't over look S&K
Originally Posted by grumpy7904
Don't over look S&K

These are S&K real stainless on my 6 lug MK V 7mm-08. I put S&K on any rifle I plan to keep

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Cerakoted Blue Titanium S&K's on a MK V 270 Wby mag:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by 2five7
Talley lightweight 30mm mediums, fits a 50mm just fine. Lows should work with 42mm or smaller scopes.

yup
I have Talley lwts and split steel on a couple Mark Vs. Both are fine. One is extended but I cant remember which. Call Talley and they will give you specific details. They are great to deal with.
Conetrols.

Whichever flavor/finish you might prefer.............not cheap, but the best never is.

MM

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire