Home
I have a older Redfield 3 x 9 and would like to get the glass replaced or refurbished, it is not as clear as use to be. Leupold brought the Redfield line back few years ago and will they repair the older Redfields? If not, who does this rerpair on the Redfields?
You can always ask Leupold, but probably not.

Iron Sight Inc. in Tulsa, OK, rebuilds Denver Redfields. I've had a couple done and am pleased with their work.

www.ironsightinc.com
No, they have made that clear.
Yup, Leupold only warranties the Redfield Revolution scopes (they made em).

The old Redfield can be repaired, checked and Ironsighter IIRC was 95 bucks to clean and repair, inclusive of return shipping.
That for a 3-9X.

I have one that is hazy, looks to have something on the lens.
Is an old Denver 3-9X in good but not mint exterior, worth the cost to repair?

Dunno what a refurb'd Redfield is worth.

Not gonna put 100 bucks in a 150 dollar scope.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Yup, Leupold only warranties the Redfield Revolution scopes (they made em).

The old Redfield can be repaired, checked and Ironsighter IIRC was 95 bucks to clean and repair, inclusive of return shipping.
That for a 3-9X.

I have one that is hazy, looks to have something on the lens.
Is an old Denver 3-9X in good but not mint exterior, worth the cost to repair?

Dunno what a refurb'd Redfield is worth.

Not gonna put 100 bucks in a 150 dollar scope.

I like the early Redfields and Weavers. Seems the Redfields had better glass but the one thing in common they had was rugged reliability. How important is that to you and how much would you have to spend on a new modern scope to match what those two brands once offered.
Vintage gun scopes in Montana does refurb work, the Phone number is 406 369 5383,
Originally Posted by uno
Vintage gun scopes in Montana does refurb work, the Phone number is 406 369 5383,

Yep the most outrageous prices in existence though.
The scope I have is not mint but decent and is of fine crosshair.
I prefer duplex.

The rifle it came on, has already had a different scope put on.

Dunno if I should fix this for a spare, for a .22rf or just pass it along to somebody that does.
© 24hourcampfire