Home
Posted By: Kenneth66 Leupold freedom - 12/03/20
This scope 1-4x20 has the turrets exposed , is there a locking system once zeroed ?
Thanks , Kenneth
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Leupold freedom - 12/03/20
Nobody can answer this ?
Kenneth
Posted By: DMS1 Re: Leupold freedom - 12/03/20
The turrets do not lock. Not an issue for some, but the reason I was not in love with my mark AR and sold it.
Posted By: AML Re: Leupold freedom - 12/03/20
I have the vx-freedom 1.5-4x20 on my Christmas list for a model 94. Pics I've seen of that scope have the turrets covered.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: Leupold freedom - 12/04/20
Even if there is some sort of lock on the turret, I still wouldn't be too confident that the poi won't shift.

Best of luck to you.
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Leupold freedom - 12/04/20
Thanks for the responses , I feel the same about exposed turrets , getting firearm in out of vehicle , carrying , exposed turrets just don’t make feel warm and fuzzy .
AMI , I handled one in cabelas the other day , windage does have cap but elevation is exposed . Clerk couldn’t answer question .
Searched internet and could not get any info other than VX6 model has CDS turrets you can lock . Seems they are saying this is the only model with feature .
Thought that was a bad idea myself , I realize you can set cap to zero mark once weapon is zeroed , but just to much chance of me overlooking a zero change when a shot presents itself ..
Some people I talk to put a lot of faith in twirling , I’m not one of them .
Kenneth
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Leupold freedom - 12/04/20
Snipers perhaps? Not in that business. Fix it and forget it for me.
© 24hourcampfire