Home
Looking for a 1' scope, lightweight (13oz/inches or less), sharp, bright, up to 10x variable. Going on a Kimber Adirondack 6.5 . I have a Leupold 2.5-8X36 on it already. Anything that would be an "Upgrade"?

No, unless you're intending to dial. And I'm not aware of any dialing scopes 13oz or less.
Swaro 3-9x36
Maven RS2
Swaro Z3 3-9x36 or 3-10x42
Originally Posted by Techsan

Either of these is the only 2 I can think of. Of the 2, I think I would go with the 3-10x42.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Swaro 3-9x36

I have one of these on my Mountain Ascent and couldn't be happier with it.
I wanted a Z3 3-9, but when I compared it and the Leupold 2.5-8 the Leupold was sharper and brighter for me so I went with that.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

No, unless you're intending to dial. And I'm not aware of any dialing scopes 13oz or less.

I have a FX-II 6x33 with M1 - Not weighted it, but it would likely be about 11-12 oz I would guess.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I wanted a Z3 3-9, but when I compared it and the Leupold 2.5-8 the Leupold was sharper and brighter for me so I went with that.

How did you compare them?
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Techsan

Either of these is the only 2 I can think of. Of the 2, I think I would go with the 3-10x42.

Cameraland has the 3-10, 42 on sale.
IMHO I think the scope you have on it is about a perfect fit for that rifle. So unless you plan on dialing turrets a lot, no, there is no upgrade. Just my two cents
I’m looking at the Trijicon 3-9x40 for a little model 7. I haven’t seen anything but positive reviews on them. I have no experience with one yet though.
I have the pre-Z version of the small Swaro. It ain't all that. Is the Z a big upgrade? If not then it sure isn't worth the price.
The Leupold VX3 2.5-8X36 has a German #4 and CDS(Hornady 129gr SST Superformance). Tracks fine. In that weight/size range I guess their is no sizeable up.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I’m looking at the Trijicon 3-9x40 for a little model 7. I haven’t seen anything but positive reviews on them. I have no experience with one yet though.

Have one on order now. Old design, but most reviews mention the good glass. Looked through one years ago at the range and was impressed overall. Failures seem to be rare too. If this one works out, I’ll be thinking about more.
Originally Posted by Moses
The Leupold VX3 2.5-8X36 has a German #4 and CDS(Hornady 129gr SST Superformance). Tracks fine. In that weight/size range I guess their is no sizeable up.

Wish I could find one of those!
Pleas be a heavy duplex or a #4
I have a 3.X10 with BT. Razor sharp glass and the BT has returned to zero. It will get you to 500+

Reliable, light, and great optics,

Mine is on a NULA .260

Lefty
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Swaro 3-9x36

This is an upgrade in glass but the scope you already have is hard to beat for the money.....Hb
I had the VX3 2.5-8x36 plex on my Adirondack 7mm-08 and was also running the same scope on a Weatherby compact 7mm-08 as well. I hunted that combo for 10 years or so and thought it was perfect. However, with my aging eyes the last couple of years I thought I needed more of "everything" optically. I just couldn't see as well through the 2.5-8x36 scope in the heavily wooded areas I hunt. I did the research and ended up with a Swaro Z3 3-10x42 4A. I feel like it fit the bill perfectly and have been very pleased. I have the VX3i 3.5-10x40 on a Kimber Hunter and feel it is an excellent scope as well, especially for the price point.
Mine started out life as a duplex. I sent it to Leupold Custom for the German #4/CDS. I have done a small box test and have had no tracking issues with it. I turned 61 today and have not had any problem with aging eyes yet except for open sites. Now that is an anger inducing endeavor.
© 24hourcampfire