Home
Mounted my Swarovski Z3 3-10x42 in Talley 1" lows on my new Weatherby Wilderness 240 Weatherby Mag and there was no adjustment front to back. I switched to a VX-2 I had laying around and that fit, when I bore sighted it I nearly ran out of vertical travel. I read on Talley's site how the back ring is .118 taller than the front ring by design but mine seems to be .130 taller....

What scope / mounts are other folks using on long action Vanguards?
Probably not much help but I ran a Leupold 6x42 on a Weatherby Vanguard Short Mag with Talleys and had no issues.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

You might want to call Talley Rings?
Plan to call in the morning
Talleys that I bought from Weatherby.
Perhaps a packaging mixup? Medium rear base instead of low?

I’ve had Talleys on multiple Howas and Vanguards with never an issue
Could be using the M700 mounts rather than the designated Wby Vanguard mounts. They are sometimes interchangeable but I’ve seen slight offset issues as well. Talley should have the answer
I have had four sets of low 1" Talley one piece on Vanguards and they all have been just fine with the Leupolds sitting in them.
Originally Posted by sndmn11
I have had four sets of low 1" Talley one piece on Vanguards and they all have been just fine with the Leupold's sitting in them.

Since the Z3 would not fit using Talley lows I found a VX-2 3-9x40 LR that's been in the back of the safe for a couple of years I mounted and took it to the range. My problem not getting it bore sighted at home must have been my laser bore sight, I popped the bolt out did a quick line up at 100 yards and had no problem.

My new Vanguard Wilderness 240 mag shot great!! using Weatherby 87 gr ammo I took a fouling shot at 50 yards then 2 at 100 yards that were touching each other.

Gave it a good cleaning switched to factory 100 grain partitions that grouped under a inch. Another good cleaning and 3 more than did the same I love this new Vanguard!

Looks like I will need to order medium talleys to use my Z3 3-10x42.
MtnHtr what stock is that on your Vanguard?
Originally Posted by old_willys
Originally Posted by sndmn11
I have had four sets of low 1" Talley one piece on Vanguards and they all have been just fine with the Leupold's sitting in them.

Since the Z3 would not fit using Talley lows I found a VX-2 3-9x40 LR that's been in the back of the safe for a couple of years I mounted and took it to the range. My problem not getting it bore sighted at home must have been my laser bore sight, I popped the bolt out did a quick line up at 100 yards and had no problem.

My new Vanguard Wilderness 240 mag shot great!! using Weatherby 87 gr ammo I took a fouling shot at 50 yards then 2 at 100 yards that were touching each other.

Gave it a good cleaning switched to factory 100 grain partitions that grouped under a inch. Another good cleaning and 3 more than did the same I love this new Vanguard!

Looks like I will need to order medium talleys to use my Z3 3-10x42.

My wilderness rocks, they are an outstanding package. Did you put the swarovski back on it after determining the laser was the owie?
Originally Posted by colorado87
MtnHtr what stock is that on your Vanguard?

Bansner Hi Tech with Polane T paint. I sold it awhile back, prefer an 06 over 300WSM. Just personal preference. Was a great rifle, had a Timney trigger too.
© 24hourcampfire