Home
Posted By: Lw308 Crippled Leupold - 01/17/21
I have a 2-7x33 VX-1 that was made in 2002. Anyways, its been down for a while. I tripped and fell while hunting and dropped it on a log and broke the ocular piece off of it, in the mean time the bottom post on the reticle came apart. The ocular will thread back on. What do I do? Sell it as is for parts or will they fix it? I'm not sure it can be fixed?
Posted By: bt8897 Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/17/21
Send it to them, they will send you a new one or credit towards a comparable model
Posted By: Judman Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/17/21
Amazing post!!! Haha

Maybe contact the manufacturer instead of the www? Just a thought.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/17/21
Does anyone know an instance when Leupold hasn't honored their warranty? Heck I sent a scope in a few years ago that was made in the 60s or early 70s and they repaired it for free.
Posted By: 270jrk Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/17/21
I don’t know if this would be considered “not honoring a warranty”, but they charged me $40 two different times for repairing a dented ocular, one time the glass was chipped. Not complaining at all, but I have been charged for repair work on leupolds before.
Posted By: 78CJ Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by Lw308
I have a 2-7x33 VX-1 that was made in 2002. Anyways, its been down for a while. I tripped and fell while hunting and dropped it on a log and broke the ocular piece off of it, in the mean time the bottom post on the reticle came apart. The ocular will thread back on. What do I do? Sell it as is for parts or will they fix it? I'm not sure it can be fixed?

No worries, contact them, I bet you have a new "Freedom" on its way post haste.....

Sorry for your loss
Posted By: BillyE Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by 270jrk
I don’t know if this would be considered “not honoring a warranty”, but they charged me $40 two different times for repairing a dented ocular, one time the glass was chipped. Not complaining at all, but I have been charged for repair work on leupolds before.

Doesn’t sound like much of a warranty if they charge you to do work.
Posted By: Judman Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21
Oh so now because folks fall and break shiit, it should be warrantied. Got it👍👍
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by BillyE

Isn't the warranty there to cover material defects and manufacturing errors, rather than for damage that is caused by the owner/user.

I'm confused by the OP saying the that ocular assembly broke off, but he was able to thread it back onto the scope. Did it break off, or was it unscrewed so far that it fell off?.
Posted By: Lw308 Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by Judman

That was my question. Im a accident prone SOB
Posted By: Judman Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21
Send it back. It’s that simple
Posted By: BillyE Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21

Well it used to be that way. “No questions asked”—like craftsman used to do. I even remember a (very) old ad where a guy said he dropped his rifle, busted the glass, still took a shot through the broken glass and took down a ram. And Leupold warranted it. So maybe I’m thinking about something that hasn’t existed for a few decades.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by BillyE

They might say that a dented scope is the fault of the owner. Whereas the scope clouding, reticle breaks, etc are leupolds responsibility.
Posted By: efw Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21
Send it back. It’s that simple

Yep
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21
The crank on my crossbow came loose while winding and crushed the ocular lens of my Leupy 2.5. I explained it fully in my service request. They fixed it, no question, no charge.

Clumsy and, in my case, careless, are covered.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Crippled Leupold - 01/18/21

lol......
© 24hourcampfire