Home
I had an elite 3500 3x9-40 on a .270(easy, easy, it's my wife's rifle). The scope got stuck at 9x, the adjustment ring would not move. I've been pleased with the several Bushnell elites that I have and I was quite surprised when it failed on me. It was still holding zero, but the adjustment would not turn.

I sent it back to Bushnell (lifetime no questions asked warranty.) They replaced it (literally no questions asked, never spoke with me about anything) with a Bushnell Nitro 3-12x44. SEEMS to be a pretty nice scope just looking at it here in the garage.

The only thing is it's a 30mm tube and I had a 1" tube. I'm ok with that, I have other rifles with 30mm tubes and will find a home for this scope.

Wondering if anyone has any reviews or knows anything about the Bushnell Nitro. If I got a good deal from bushnell on this? I got the 3500s I have from a steeply discounted sale when gander mountain went out of business.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Came with a lens cloth, flip up covers and a sunshade (anyone actually use those?)

Anyone have any experience with this scope?

-Jake
Not that exact scope, but the Nitro 4-20.

I wanted something for a beater/loaner TC Dimension. I like the glass. It's held zero. Adjustments have been repeatable, but a tad more than 1/4" at 100 on the windage.

It's also heavy.
I have three of them, 2 of the 2.5-10x44, and one of the 4-16x44, all Mil/Mil and all FFP. I think they are great scopes for the money, and have pretty damned good glass. The fact that they are a Korean made scope in a sea of Chinese sourced optics is definitely a plus.

I have run the 4-16 out to a thousand and back a couple of times, and it tracks and repeats just fine.
Who knows? After doing away with the Elite's I have no idea what is the pecking order of Bushnell scopes.
When a brand new item is 50% at major retailer, makes you go hmmmm
Topped a heavy 204R with a 6-24 Nitro. The duplex is a bit heavy for dog towns but glass is clear and scope functions as it should so far.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

IMO opinion they killed themselves when they did away w Elites.

I had the Nitro and while it was a nice scope it was excessively large for a 2.5-10x
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by BobBrown

IMO opinion they killed themselves when they did away w Elites.

I had the Nitro and while it was a nice scope it was excessively large for a 2.5-10x

And heavy, but you don't need extension rings to mount it!!!

wink
Well it’s not just Bushy doing away with popular lines. See Leupold
It does feel heavy. That's the first thing I noticed. That and that I was holding a 30mm not a 1"
5-20 here. I'll agree the reticle is a shade heavy. It has tracked perfect though. No complaimts here.
© 24hourcampfire