Home
In full disclosure I post this.
I recently sold a Leupold scope to a fellow CampFirer here on.
The scope was a gloss Leupold 3x9 with adjustable objective. The scope had come to me on a Rifle and I replaced said scope before ever using it.
The scope sat with me for some time (years) until I saw our fellow CampFirer wanted one of these.
We settled on a price and off went the scope to the fellow CampFirer.
Once to him he discovered a problem with one of the windage adjustments and notified me immediately.
I sent back the fellow CampFirers monies PLUS an additional $20.00 for his time and trouble.
When I got the scope back I saw what his complaint was about and immediately (and for the first time in my life!) sent the scope to Leupold & Stevens Company enclosing with the scope the handy downloadable page for information on the scopes problem and my shipping information.
Well this morning the Leupold people sent me an E-mail saying the scope would be repaired and giving the time frame to it being returned to me (within 5 weeks of its receipt last week).
I was hoping the Leupold folks would elaborate on what was wrong /what happened with this scopes adjuster (feels locked up) so I could relay it to the CampFire but they did not - maybe it will be explained with the scopes return?
If so I will let you all know.
So after way more that half a centuries worth of using Leupold scopes (way more than 100 of these!), binoculars, spotting scopes and compass's I have experienced my first "failure".
Long live Leupold & Stevens - a fine American company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Good news. I've only ever had to return one out of about 20. The front lens came a little loose in an M8 6x36. The Australian Leupold warranty service fixed it and it came back like new.
I've owned a few Leupold scopes over the years. The only Leupold scope I had to send in for repair was a 6x42 FXIII that finally fogged up about 10 years after it fell 20' out of my treestand and hit a cypress knee. Leupold repaired it free of charge. (PS. No, the rifle on which it was mounted was not loaded when it fell.)
VG, you are stand up brother.
I’ve had one Leupold handgun scope on a 357 maximum contender fail. Leupold fixed it free inside of a month.
I’m guessing I’ve owned 25 or so Leupolds.
I’ve had newer ones fail but never the older US made ones
Which ones aren’t made in the US?
I sent back the only one that I have ever owned-TWICE! I then got rid of it and won't buy another. Not impressed. Other options.
I love Leupold scope. But I had to send one scope in three times for erector replacement. I was using the air rifle scope and the spring gun was blowing erector apart. The last time they told me no more. I put it on a rimfire and have had no problems. I own several LPS scopes and I think they are the best hunting optic you can buy In MyOpinion
I can’t believe Slum called you out
Ive sent one scope back, a VX3i that has a chipped objective lens that was done by the previous owner. They repaired for free and sent back about 4 weeks later. I had a 12 year old pair of binos(Windrivers Green RingI think) that the eyecup finally gave out. I asked them to send me a new eye cup but they told me to send them in, 3 weeks later they said they could not be repaired and sent me a replacement pair....BX3 Mojave HD which were top of the line at the time. Buddy of mone lost his adjustment cap at the range, they sent 2 for free.

Leupolds CS has kept me buying their product. My kids guns all get Leupolds knowing that they will be the last scope they ever have to buy. I've never had one fail on a hunt. When you compare everything side by side, Leupold is hard to beat. I can own any optic I want and my first choice is still the VX6 2-12, probably my favorite hunting scope ever.
PaulBarnard: Well thank you for those kind words!
I appreciate them and you for posting them.
I always try to treat all CampFirers with kindness and respect until they go out of their way to be immature, infantile, disrespectful and offensive - then all bets are off.
I would rather share experiences and opinions with fellow and lady CampFirers than insults and crudeness!
I have always stood up for Leupold products and always stated, here and other places, if a Leupold scope ever failed me I would publicly announce it - it happened and I did what I said I would.
By the way I had 24 scopes for sale this past weekend at an Idaho gunshow and I sold 10 of my own and one for a friend of mine - all 11 of those sold scopes were "Leupolds"!
They were on my table right amongst scopes made by Redfield, Weaver, Burris and Nikon but the no nonsense Hunter type folks from northern Idaho sure went for the Leupolds!
I know my confidence in Leupold has NOT been shaken.
Long live Leupold & Stevens a fine American company.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Leupolds are junk . They don’t sight in worth a damn and it’s not because you’re not using a steel 100 yard tape. Sheesh .hold into the urinal.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
The scope was a gloss Leupold 3x9 with adjustable objective. The scope had come to me on a Rifle and I replaced said scope before ever using it.
The scope sat with me for some time (years) until I saw our fellow CampFirer wanted one of these.
Once to him he discovered a problem with one of the windage adjustments and notified me immediately.
I sent back the fellow CampFirers monies PLUS an additional $20.00 for his time and trouble.
When I got the scope back I saw what his complaint was about and immediately (and for the first time in my life!) sent the scope to Leupold & Stevens Company enclosing with the scope the handy downloadable page for information on the scopes problem and my shipping information.
Well this morning the Leupold people sent me an E-mail saying the scope would be repaired and giving the time frame to it being returned to me (within 5 weeks of its receipt last week).
I was hoping the Leupold folks would elaborate on what was wrong /what happened with this scopes adjuster (feels locked up) so I could relay it to the CampFire but they did not - maybe it will be explained with the scopes return?
So after way more that half a centuries worth of using Leupold scopes (way more than 100 of these!), binoculars, spotting scopes and compass's I have experienced my first "failure".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Like ive said many times. You dont use your chidt. You are one of the ones that subtly boasts about how many rifles you have with leupold scopes, yet , "have never had a single failure". I guarantee there are many more bad ones in the heap pile you have.
I sent my second one in yesterday. A VariX 11 3x9 that I have used for 25 years on some kickers. Windage failed. Cost me a nice buck.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Like ive said many times. You dont use your chidt. You are one of the ones that subtly boasts about how many rifles you have with leupold scopes, yet , "have never had a single failure". I guarantee there are many more bad ones in the heap pile you have.

I’d love to like them myself but anymore if it isn’t a 6X Leupold I won’t mess with it. I’ve spent a decent amount of postage sending them back to Oregon. Some of them went back a couple times before I sold them.
I have owned many Leupold scopes, and have sent several back for repair over the years. No complaints here. As Mule Deer says, it's not a matter of if your scope will fail, it's a matter of when it will fail. Scopes do break.
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
, it's not a matter of if your leupold scope will fail, it's a matter of when it will fail. Scopes do break.

So true.
Dave
I have sent two 2-7x33 and one M8 4x back, all because they would no longer adjust one way or another. I used the heck out of them, the older friction adjust style 4 powers are tough scopes. But everything eventually needs some work.
3 out of 30 for me.
Those that failed were brand new and two w AO.
One replaced, other two fixed.
No probs after.
I've broken quite a few of them, 3 or 4 on my 7 ½ pound 340 Wby.
I've had reticles fall out, dials fall off and just a shifting lens inside somewhere. The AO models are prone to trouble. I have a few still, i like the 2.5-8 for being fairly compact and light. Never broke one of these. I have not had the best luck dialing them but my VX5 seems to dial fine. My 2.5-8 don't dial at all. They are sight in and forget only
Better off with a $30 Simmons. At least when it schits the bed you don't feel stupid.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Better off with a $30 Simmons. At least when it schits the bed you don't feel stupid.

Your mean.....

Dave
I got the same email from leupold 5 weeks. Not excited about that. Honestly Leica would probably fix a problem faster. As for leupold being junk. I showed a picture a few weeks back that shows why.
Third owner of one of the rubber armored spotting scopes that just did not seem up to my expectations. I had lost the objective cover and replaced it with a lid from a racquet ball can. Got the scope back in 5 days with a new sharp as a tack front end and my replacement cover installed. Note said my cover was superior to theirs so they did not bother with a replacement there.

Good products in my book, and I have some seriously heavy kickers.
Many would agree that Leupold are a good hunting scope but lets be honest, quite a few scope manufacturers have surpassed them in glass quality & internal parts for less money.
Failures:

One 3.5x10x40 AO Vari x 3

Two 4.5x14x40mm Mark 4

Three VX6 's

I am done
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I'll 2nd that. Well done, VG.
7 or 8 years ago my mother gave my son and his wife a pair of Leupold binocs as a house warming gift as they'd bought a house overlooking a bay. They never worked right and they gave them back to my mother. She had them for several years before I saw them. I took one look through them and immediately saw the problem - the barrels were out of alignment and seeing through them was impossible. I sent them back to Leupold and a month later got a note that that model was out of production. The note was accompanied by a new pair of upgraded binocs. Mom told me to keep them as she'd long since replaced the house warming gift. They aren't expensive binocs but they are decent 10x40 roof prisms.
I'm still waiting for a couple of 1970's Tasco's to fail. Don't remember what I paid for them now but I'm sure I've got my money's worth out of them.
Have 6-24 Tasco on a 22 LR. It's great as long as one never touches the power ring that I have leave at 10X. Crank it up and point of impact will shift 3 inches at 50 yds. Does exactly what I need on ground squirrels. I do have a 6-20 Leupold I took off a 30-378 that is now wearing a Ziess. Might bolt that on the 22 this spring.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What other choice did he have...sold them to a fire member and constantly goes on here about Leupold being the best and infallible...he was in a place of his own making...with no way out..

From his frequent gun show table posts...he looks to be more interested in buying and selling used Leupold’s for a side income and is not shy about bragging up his wares..
Varmint Guy, quote: "I always try to treat CampFirers with kindness and respect..." Man, you are so full of schidt it's flowing out your mouth. Your irrational hysterical rants that brand EVERY SINGLE California resident as a communist and much worse, fill the archives of Campire for years back as a testimonial to your 'kindness and respect'.
What's hilarious is, the OP thinks Leupold failures are a rare occurrence.
If you own 50 chevy vegas, they probably are great when driven only 100 miles a year.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You're an idiot....
Originally Posted by GregW
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You're an idiot....

VarmintIdiot
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I'm still waiting for a couple of 1970's Tasco's to fail. Don't remember what I paid for them now but I'm sure I've got my money's worth out of them.

Take some of your retirement and buy some 22 ammo so you can at least pull one out of the closet once a decade. Those tascos probably have more dust than your old lady’s drawers .
I have owned 20+ various Leupolds through the years. Never had one fail that wasn't by my own doing. I thought I was going to be sending a vx111 3.5-10 back last fall because tracking was radical. Ran the windage and elevation adjustments all the way from stop to stop and back to center. Had no problem with dialing it in after that. They may not be the best scope on the market,but they have served me well. Maybe one day when I thin the herd to a couple rifles I will buy some "good glass"
I'm more interested in solid mechanical performance than the "glass" almost everyone talks about. If my old M8 6x42 Leupolds adjusted like my SWFA 6x42 MQ scopes I'd really have something.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Varmint Guy, quote: "I always try to treat CampFirers with kindness and respect..." Man, you are so full of schidt it's flowing out your mouth. Your irrational hysterical rants that brand EVERY SINGLE California resident as a communist and much worse, fill the archives of Campire for years back as a testimonial to your 'kindness and respect'.

Yep. VarmintGuy was booted off AccurateReloading years ago for constantly attacking people and the continued use of profanity/vulgar language.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Take some of your retirement and buy some 22 ammo so you can at least pull one out of the closet once a decade. Those tascos probably have more dust than your old lady’s drawers .
I've been shooting my .22's daily you stupid son of a bitch. I'm not one of the many dumb fuucks here searching for ammo because they were too stupid to stock up when the getting was good.
I bought a 7600 with a Leupold 2x7 on it - don't remember with model, it was an older one. The guy I bought the rifle from said he couldn't hit anything with the rifle and I got it cheap. He told me all the screws were as tight as he could get them. Well two of the screws that were tight as he could get them were elevation and windage. He tightened them up more than farmer tight right hand tight. The other "screw" was the focus. None of these "screws" were movable.

I sent the scope to Leupold and they sent me a new model VX2-2x7. I've bought mainly Leupold scopes since then. However, I have sent other scopes back from other manufacturers and got them fixed also.

It seems like I sent another Leupold back, but I don't recall the specifics.

I recently was tempted to buy a Japanese Weaver - used. I went to the Weaver website and they do have a warranty but for the original buyer and the original buyer must furnish the sales slip in which they purchased the scope. I decided against buying that scope.
I had the Japanese Tascos on rifles up to .300 Win Mag, no issues. You just had to be aware of the eye relief.

The first Chinese one I bought didn't last through 8 rounds of .308 Win in a '70s 700 BDL.

I've been shooting my .22's daily you stupid son of a bitch. I'm not one of the many dumb fuucks here searching for ammo because they were too stupid to stock up when the getting was good.

You didn’t address the dusty drawers part.....
I still have a jap tasco 3-12 I bought in 1988? Short eye relief, but ok on smaller guns

Dying over here .......
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

While I'm a Leupold fan, if you've had north of 100 Leupold scopes and have never needed to send one in prior to this, you're either the luckiest bastid on earth or varmintmouth shoots off a hell of a lot more than varmintrifles.

!!!!!!!
#!!!!
Originally Posted by SKane
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

While I'm a Leupold fan, if you've had north of 100 Leupold scopes and have never needed to send one in prior to this, you're either the luckiest bastid on earth or varmintmouth shoots off a hell of a lot more than varmintrifles.

!!!!!!!
#!!!!

He doesn't shoot at all. Biggest idiot on the 'Fire or top 5 minimum...
boobytomek: You are absolutely incorrect in your bizzarre contention about my being vulgar on "ar"!
I was booted off "ar" for defending the United States of America to the head muslim there!
The head muslim on "ar" posted that the United States of America was "still taking over countries and continuing their emperialistic ways" I corrected the head muslim there (just like I am correcting YOU!) and he deleted me.
YOU have also been corrected!
My advice to you is to stop making up lies about fellow CampFirers!
You diminish yourself by lying in public.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I was booted off "ar" for defending the United States of America to the head muslim there!
The head muslim on "ar" posted that the United States of America was "still taking over countries and continuing their emperialistic ways"

That's outrageous! He needs to learn English so he can spell words like "imperialistic" correctly!!
VarmintGuy-

You continue to be a chronic liar. THIS is why you were booted off AR. Directly from the site owner is this quote: ""The place were VG goes wrong is that he shows no respect. It's his way or you're an idiot. We've seen this too many times to count. That's obviously a foolish position to take, but he does this very frequently and I for one am tired of the attacks both towards myself and others.

The question that needs to be asked is not if AR's a good site or not. It's the gold standard. The question should be: Would the site be better without VG's hatchet weilding posts. For me the answer is a no brainer."

---

Here are some of the posts from VarmintGuy:

----

"Your head in the sand (up your ass!) attitude is ignorant, naive and unbecoming a concerned sportsman!You are simply to ignorant to add anything objective to this discourse!

If so [bleep] you in your ignorant aussie [bleep]! And once you get your precious mildot scope! Stick that [bleep] scope in your [bleep] aussie ass!

snot bore: I see you are continuing with your ignorant and uninformed diatribe!

You pathetic piece of [bleep]!

You would not know a fine, safe, accurate, strong and handsome Rifle if a yard boy ran up and struck you in your stupid [bleep] face with one (and thats not a bad idea by the way!).

Your contrary and unfounded views only go to support what everyone thinks of you! You are uninformed and ignorant beyond redmption!

You are stupid for stupids sake and no other reason! YOU WANT TO BE STUPID! AND YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO SOUND STUPID!

dickwadgoat: A typical unintelligble and pointless post from you! I feel sorry for ignorant personage!

..at how often you "head up your ass types" base your opinions on someones tone or personality! [bleep] my tone and [bleep] my personality you dumb [bleep]
Who the [bleep] cares on this Big Game Hunting forum what the Wolves do to domestic cattle

and petty of you?I will correct you anyway! Thusly - who the [bleep] are you to try and tell me what status I have or have not achieved! [bleep] you dadgoat, and the horse you rode in on!

[bleep] howling Wolves! I have had it with them! [bleep] them!
out of this green induced cluster [bleep]! Frankly, I don't see the Hunters being smart enough...

Wolves!!! What the [bleep] - over! Sorry irate committeee heads do not compare with this appalling ... somewhere along that line (this travesty took over ten years to achieve!) but who gives a [bleep]?

a high fence - then [bleep] it - I would rather play GOLF! And I hate Golf!

Again, I can't let this bitterly ignorant part of your posting slide

Go hide you face in shame you pathetic piece of dog [bleep]!

to this conclusion (again!) you are just a troll constantly looking to stir the [bleep].

That savage was the UGLIEST cheapest looking most hideous piece of [bleep] I have ever seen! I

You sir, are simply, full of [bleep]! Nothing much further need be relayed...

the Game biologists are just full of [bleep] with their census numbers and observations?

Are you so full of [bleep] your brain is muddled? Do you ... ? In my opinion you are simply vindictive, contrary and full of [bleep]!

You have proven YOUR ignorance AGAIN and NOW your cowardice in 2 obvious ways, with your latest posting!

Why does your swollen egotistical head keep you on this unsafe path?

…simply stupid beyond description!

Again your swollen mellon (via your enormous ego and perhaps made worse by the huge chip on your shoulder falling on your punkin head) has made assumptions and statements that are not just wrong but self defeating!

The rest of your blather is worth even less than all the "1's" and "0's" it took to post them on this forum.

There is no doubt in my mind I have shot more Varmints than you ever will. No doubt that I have spent more time afield with my Rifles than you ever will!

AGAIN I post - do you have ANY idea how stupid you sound?

You keep showing yoour ass and I keep relishing it!

What just flabbergasts me is that this raving lunatic still keeps giving me more and more ammunition to tear him apart with

You simply keep proving my point that you, as an intellectual idiot

That [bleep] idiot better watch what he writes or he will be making time payments to Big Green

I am referring to you as an idiot! We don't need any idiot Elk Hunters!

you dim-bulb green assed intellectual idiot money stirrers! I refer to this rumor because I would no more pay for the magazine than I would piss on an intellectual idiot who was on fire.

You poor pathetic excuse of a Hunter!

Your, lack of intelligence and common sense simply causes me to laugh out loud when you try to berate me!
Like I would give any creedence to ANYTHING you say after reading your initial and follow-up posts!

IN FACT are well on your way to earning status as a "dipshit"!

are unfortunately to dumb and/or to bull headed to recognize you are wrong. And you are to misguided...

Yeah the Mt. Lions are doing well you dumb son of a bitch (Mr. Smith!),

I again call you a liar! Period and flat out you are a LIAR

Sheesh - you poor pathetic excuse for a man!

you are small and not pertinent but I take great glee in correcting you and look forward to doing it some more!

Sounds like you have overwhelming issues with your dominating ex-wife down there

The bottom line is no one gives a rats ass anymore what a common turd like yourself opines anyway!

the perfect name and the perfect description of a perfectly pathetic turd of a human being!
Save your breath til you grow up some.

If there was a pair of balls between the two of you I would be surprised

Compared to your snide, baseless, meritless, pointless and immature posting - my pertinent, well written and pointed post is a work of art! Long live shallow people like yourself who provide so much fun and sport for everyone else

Get up off of your wimpy ass and try to defend your posted stupidity! Obviously you can't - so why don't you be a man and delete your batch of stupid blather! Typical [bleep] contrary

of the pages of his book to wipe my ass with! It wasn't even satisfactory for that!

If you were ever to get off your immature ass and actually get out and do something

Whilst you are removing your own head from your own ass - please take the time to kiss your own contrary ass, as you are the only person that I know that cares to do so.

Or keep your low powered ass quiet

somehow I think you are stupid enough to try and pull that out of your ass also

is your head is so far up your ass that there may be no hope for you every venturing out into the light...

Don't you ever get tired of being humiliated? So be it, oh witless and unsafe one

are as stupid as you sound - but for Gawd's sake man take your head out of your ass

You show your true lack of knowledge and first hand experience with your continued blather

Yes flipping doo-doo there are many factors possessed by bullets

Sorry Flea Pee you are simply "showing your ass" again!

I see you also have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of substance to add to Flea Pees blather except MORE blather.

You can't even do a HALF ASSED job of attacking me!

Cryngfloppingdrippingpie: I see you have absolutely no rebuttal to any of my facts, in field experiences or opinions! I thought so.
If I were you I would quit while you are only mildly humiliated!

Your fascination with Hitler and our waterbuckets fascination with gays and nude pictures of boys leads me to believe you two cretins are actually one and the same unfortunate person!

you, my fine feathered dupe, are even stupider than I originally estimated!

You sir, are the retard! And the funny part about that is YOU choose to display your stupidity publicly!

then redemanded an apology from the spineless bastard reporter for his privately communicated slander to me...

you ARE as stupid as your picture makes you look

You sir, are living proof that stupidity knows no bounds!

I view you Bartsche as a short sighted, cowardly [bleep] (typical Kalifornian?) - nothing more nothing less.

you poor pathetic goof! Displaying this kind of stupidity

You poor pathetic contrary! You keep heaping disgrace and embarrassment upon your backward and contrary self to the point of making me laugh out loud. Your bullheaded stupidity

I am shaking my head at the self effacing stupidity that so many people espouse...

I for one DO NOT appreciate your stupidity

Come on cowards push your ignore buttons! Show your stupidity...

by the stupidity the greens at the rmef are displaying in this regard!

pointing out the infinite stupidity and preumptiousness of twirps like you sadgoatsack! Let me list ... ! Again with another statement and ass investigating stupidity you have made yourself the fool ... ! The stupidity and audacity of your imbecilic self

Where in the depths of your absurd stupidity

Or do you in your infinite stupidity

for Christs sake man do not display your stupidity...

is just [bleep] ignorant, absurdly stupid and AGAIN out of touch

I take great relish in exposing stupidity, contrariness and ignorance!

Your stupidity and cowardice is proven in this regard - you condemn me

That is not "predisposition" that is stupidity and poor ability!

would show your inherent stupidity!

You are AGAIN showing your lack of intelligence (stupidity!)

your kind of stupidity being publicly professed

Your stupidity and pettiness knows no bounds apparently.

you are even stupider than you sound!
Emphatically stupider than you sound!

again for you "slow learners Jerry"

"Stupider" again comes to mind when I see radical thoughlessness of this magnitude!

You my fine feathered friend have been shown to be the one that IS "full of [bleep]"!

Ignoring facts stubblejumper does not make them go away, its just "ignorance...

the only thing you do well is throw tantrums of ignorance and immaturity

at risk only of your own ignorance catching up with you - AGAIN!

I have heard easterners babble about this subject on a few occassions myself! Its an outgrowth of ignorance!"
Holee Schidt...that's a LIST.
What a VarmintList of VarmintTakes
LOL, don't mess with Bobby T!!!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm not quite sure what 'ol VG did in his original post to light up some of these guys.........
Well, he was a cop. Ever know a cop to tell the truth?
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I'm not quite sure what 'ol VG did in his original post to light up some of these guys.........

I don't believe it was the content of a single post.
I really don't need a Meyer-Briggs test on Varmint Guy, Mr Tomek's list pretty well sums up my take. "Does not play well with others".
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
VarmintGuy-

You continue to be a chronic liar. THIS is why you were booted off AR. Directly from the site owner is this quote: ""The place were VG goes wrong is that he shows no respect. It's his way or you're an idiot. We've seen this too many times to count. That's obviously a foolish position to take, but he does this very frequently and I for one am tired of the attacks both towards myself and others.

The question that needs to be asked is not if AR's a good site or not. It's the gold standard. The question should be: Would the site be better without VG's hatchet weilding posts. For me the answer is a no brainer."

---

----

"Your head in the sand (up your ass!) attitude is ignorant, naive and unbecoming a concerned sportsman!You are simply to ignorant to add anything objective to this discourse!

If so [bleep] you in your ignorant aussie [bleep]! And once you get your precious mildot scope! Stick that [bleep] scope in your [bleep] aussie ass!

You would not know a fine, safe, accurate, strong and handsome Rifle if a yard boy ran up and struck you in your stupid [bleep] face with one (and thats not a bad idea by the way!).

Your contrary and unfounded views only go to support what everyone thinks of you! You are uninformed and ignorant beyond redmption!

You are stupid for stupids sake and no other reason! YOU WANT TO BE STUPID! AND YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO SOUND STUPID!

dickwadgoat: A typical unintelligble and pointless post from you! I feel sorry for ignorant personage!

..at how often you "head up your ass types" base your opinions on someones tone or personality! [bleep] my tone and [bleep] my personality you dumb [bleep]
Who the [bleep] cares on this Big Game Hunting forum what the Wolves do to domestic cattle

and petty of you?I will correct you anyway! Thusly - who the [bleep] are you to try and tell me what status I have or have not achieved! [bleep] you dadgoat, and the horse you rode in on!

out of this green induced cluster [bleep]! Frankly, I don't see the Hunters being smart enough...

Wolves!!! What the [bleep] - over! Sorry irate committeee heads do not compare with this appalling ... somewhere along that line (this travesty took over ten years to achieve!) but who gives a [bleep]?

to this conclusion (again!) you are just a troll constantly looking to stir the [bleep].

That savage was the UGLIEST cheapest looking most hideous piece of [bleep] I have ever seen! I

the Game biologists are just full of [bleep] with their census numbers and observations?

Are you so full of [bleep] your brain is muddled? Do you ... ? In my opinion you are simply vindictive, contrary and full of [bleep]!

You have proven YOUR ignorance AGAIN and NOW your cowardice in 2 obvious ways, with your latest posting!

Again your swollen mellon (via your enormous ego and perhaps made worse by the huge chip on your shoulder falling on your punkin head) has made assumptions and statements that are not just wrong but self defeating!

The rest of your blather is worth even less than all the "1's" and "0's" it took to post them on this forum.

There is no doubt in my mind I have shot more Varmints than you ever will. No doubt that I have spent more time afield with my Rifles than you ever will!

What just flabbergasts me is that this raving lunatic still keeps giving me more and more ammunition to tear him apart with

That [bleep] idiot better watch what he writes or he will be making time payments to Big Green

you dim-bulb green assed intellectual idiot money stirrers! I refer to this rumor because I would no more pay for the magazine than I would piss on an intellectual idiot who was on fire.

Your, lack of intelligence and common sense simply causes me to laugh out loud when you try to berate me!
Like I would give any creedence to ANYTHING you say after reading your initial and follow-up posts!

are unfortunately to dumb and/or to bull headed to recognize you are wrong. And you are to misguided...

you are small and not pertinent but I take great glee in correcting you and look forward to doing it some more!

Sounds like you have overwhelming issues with your dominating ex-wife down there

The bottom line is no one gives a rats ass anymore what a common turd like yourself opines anyway!

the perfect name and the perfect description of a perfectly pathetic turd of a human being!

Compared to your snide, baseless, meritless, pointless and immature posting - my pertinent, well written and pointed post is a work of art! Long live shallow people like yourself who provide so much fun and sport for everyone else

Get up off of your wimpy ass and try to defend your posted stupidity! Obviously you can't - so why don't you be a man and delete your batch of stupid blather! Typical [bleep] contrary

of the pages of his book to wipe my ass with! It wasn't even satisfactory for that!

If you were ever to get off your immature ass and actually get out and do something

Whilst you are removing your own head from your own ass - please take the time to kiss your own contrary ass, as you are the only person that I know that cares to do so.

is your head is so far up your ass that there may be no hope for you every venturing out into the light...

Don't you ever get tired of being humiliated? So be it, oh witless and unsafe one

are as stupid as you sound - but for Gawd's sake man take your head out of your ass

You show your true lack of knowledge and first hand experience with your continued blather

I see you also have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of substance to add to Flea Pees blather except MORE blather.

Cryngfloppingdrippingpie: I see you have absolutely no rebuttal to any of my facts, in field experiences or opinions! I thought so.

Your fascination with Hitler and our waterbuckets fascination with gays and nude pictures of boys leads me to believe you two cretins are actually one and the same unfortunate person!

You sir, are the retard! And the funny part about that is YOU choose to display your stupidity publicly!

then redemanded an apology from the spineless bastard reporter for his privately communicated slander to me...

I view you Bartsche as a short sighted, cowardly [bleep] (typical Kalifornian?) - nothing more nothing less.

You poor pathetic contrary! You keep heaping disgrace and embarrassment upon your backward and contrary self to the point of making me laugh out loud. Your bullheaded stupidity

I am shaking my head at the self effacing stupidity that so many people espouse...

pointing out the infinite stupidity and preumptiousness of twirps like you sadgoatsack! Let me list ... ! Again with another statement and ass investigating stupidity you have made yourself the fool ... ! The stupidity and audacity of your imbecilic self

"Stupider" again comes to mind when I see radical thoughlessness of this magnitude!

You my fine feathered friend have been shown to be the one that IS "full of [bleep]"!

I have heard easterners babble about this subject on a few occassions myself! Its an outgrowth of ignorance!"

Please tell me you copied and pasted all of that while you were at work. 😂
goalie-

All of that was already compiled into a single post and took a couple seconds to copy...no real effort needed on my part LOL.
goalie-

All of that was already compiled into a single post and took a couple seconds to copy...no real effort needed on my part LOL.

👍
I have nearly 30 Leupolds at the moment. My kids and grandkids have another 12 or so I gave them or they bought themselves. A lot of my scopes that get a lot of use are 2-7 or 2.5-8 Leupolds. Maybe their light weight helps.

I have had one VXIIC (1989) windage failure. I sent it in, they fixed it and sent it back. It was on my pre-war Model 70 that was my main rifle until I got a SS M70 in the mid 90's. I also had a failure with a fixed 25x50 spotter - it came by it honestly..

Some point out that scopes don't fail because they don't get shot enough. They are certainly all on their way to breaking. That is certainly true of some of my rifles but others get shot a lot. My .338 went through two Bausch & Lombs before I put a 2.5-8x36 VXIII on it in 96. I was averaging about 50 rounds a week with it the first year I had it.

I have Leupold scopes on other rifles and in chamberings I might expect to have failures and so far so good. An 1885 .45-70, Talkeetna in .375 H&H, two Mini-14's, various slug shotguns, .300 mags, and a LW .35 Whelen among others.

I do have a lot of failures with some scopes. Tasco is ok if fixed power. Otherwise poor, Simmons is maybe the very worst. I have had poor performance from Bausch & Lomb-Bushnell but have two of their 4x Sportview scopes from the 70's.

Weavers are very relible as fixed power scopes. as variables I have had several failures.

I have had no failures with Denver Redfields or Burris FFII 2-7x35mm,
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear

Weavers are very relible as fixed power scopes. as variables I have had several failures.

I have had no failures with Denver Redfields or Burris FFII 2-7x35mm,

I have a Weaver 4.75x Grand Slam that is my "is it the scope?" test scope.

That said, my 2.5x FXII has held up fine on a few rifles, and sure doesn't seem to mind being on my 45/70
goalie-

That Weaver 4.75x is truly under-appreciated for what it offers.
goalie-

I've killed a lot of deer with that scope. I think I've used it on 3-4 different rifles and a muzzle loader.
Originally Posted by goalie
VarmintGuy-

---

----

Please tell me you copied and pasted all of that while you were at work. 😂

No shiit!! Haha
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, don't mess with Bobby T!!!

If Bobby T was on Trump’s legal team he would probably still be the president! Haha

You mean it's a cumulative thing?.........

It's a 17+ year varmintbody of varmintwork. And varmintpatting himself on the varmintback.
VarmintGuy just VarmintPooped his VarmintDrawers
Bobby T dropping the hammer on Mr. Varmint!
The whole thing is Turdlike laugh
That's funny........those characteristics describe towel-head Saeed, spineless DRG, and fat-a$$ Walter to a T.

Gold standard? Yea, sure.

BobbyTomek:

VarmintGuy-

That's a good one.

You're truly brainless.

Originally Posted by Techsan

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
That's a good one.

You're truly brainless.

Originally Posted by Techsan

That's a pusillanimous effort, Mike. Try again, this time with fervor.
Originally Posted by SKane

It's a 17+ year varmintbody of varmintwork. And varmintpatting himself on the varmintback.

Scott, that literally made me spit coffee this morning. Epic.
goalie-

Yep. One of the smarter things I've done is buy 2 of them when they were on clearance. One of the dumbest things I've ever done is only buying 2 when they were on clearance.
I like VarmintHunting
If you own 50 chevy vegas, they probably are great when driven only 100 miles a year.

Nah, you just wind up having to sweep up the piles of rust that were Vega's out of your driveway instead of leaving them by the side of the road when they break.
VarmintGuy-

---

----

Damn, Varmintguy just got elevated several notches in my book...... smile
Uh oh......get prepared to be scorched by the innanet tough-guys........you just criticized their beloved anti-American towel-head.

The same towel-head that uses Leupold scopes, BTW.

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Uh oh......get prepared to be scorched by the innanet tough-guys........you just criticized their beloved anti-American towel-head.

The same towel-head that uses Leupold scopes, BTW.

I ain't sceered....... smile
Originally Posted by mathman
I'm more interested in solid mechanical performance than the "glass" almost everyone talks about. If my old M8 6x42 Leupolds adjusted like my SWFA 6x42 MQ scopes I'd really have something.

Very good point.
Black fart uses Leupolds and Tascos. They just sit in the closet for years. They work freaking great though.
booby tomek: Pardon my slow reply. I have been chasin guns over east yesterday and ice fishin this morning.
I am so sorry I have taken up residence in your head - I hope you don't loose any sleep over me!
He-he.
And as far as those bizarre "quotes" you allude to being uttered by me - you are missing the point by making them up!
I "attack NO ONE on this forum until they have attacked me.
PERIOD!
The slimeballs who troll here solely for the purpose of trying to offend real CampFirers deserve to be humiliated once they have TRIED to do so.
Yourself included.
YOU must lay awake at night making up false quotes from me because more than 90% of the blather you have posted above has NO basis in reality what so ever.
I will again profess no hesitancy in fighting fire with fire on this forum and others - but you are obviously and for who knows what reason avoiding the FACT that I would only attack a poster once they have gone out of their way to try to offend, berate or attack me!
Ignore that if you wish but by ignoring that and making up such bizarre statements as you have just proves you are a deceitful and small minded person.
And its deceitful and small minded immature persons like you that diminish this site (no offense meant slumload!)!
In the 18 years I have been here I have seen some really great CampFirers and outdoorsmen discouraged by small minded and deceitful people like yourself and leave our ranks.
That is sad.
I am more interested in sharing my hobbies and outdoor experiences than fending off baseless lies from the likes of you.
Long live the true sportsmen and outdoorsmen on the Fire.
And maybe I am not so sorry for spinning around in the heads of you and your ilk?
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I still love and use Leupold scopes and products!
Someone laid the VarmintSmack down
Nice try, VG. You sound like a politician confronted with the truth and want to act as if you were somehow attacked. All of your quotes above were posted on a public forum, so therefore archived copies exists -- even if you decide to go back and delete or edit the originals. And the culmination of all of those quotes got you permanently kicked off of AR.

You can believe what you want in your own mind. But the fact remains that you can't hide from the truth. smile
I think getting kicked off of AR is a good thing... no?
Originally Posted by irfubar

You would be correct sir......AR is full of lardasssed lawyer low life's and a dune coon who hates America. Screw 'em all. Bobby T needs a better example to make his point IMO.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by irfubar

You would be correct sir......AR is full of lardasssed lawyer low life's and a dune coon who hates America. Screw 'em all. Bobby T needs a better example to make his point IMO.

Gotta agree with all of that
What difference does the forum make? Aggressively attacking, berating and belittle another poster for no apparent reason isn't ever OK -- no matter if it's here or on some Bible study page LOL.

Ditto for lying. I have little tolerance for liars -- and that goes especially so for those who lie about lying.
What difference does the forum make? Aggressively attacking, berating and belittle another poster for no apparent reason isn't ever OK -- no matter if it's here or on some Bible study page LOL.

Ditto for lying. I have little tolerance for liars -- and that goes especially so for those who lie about lying.

You made the accusation, so it's on you to go over to that cesspool and gather your basis of facts. Get back to us when you've done that, and until then it's his word against yours.

You made the accusation, so it's on you to go over to that cesspool and gather your basis of facts. Get back to us when you've done that, and until then it's his word against yours.

He already has posted the quotes
[...it's on you to go over to that cesspool and gather your basis of facts. Get back to us when you've done that, and until then it's his word against yours.

Perhaps you missed something, eh? As jwp475 mentioned, those quotes were posted in THIS thread and are available for anyone who cares to see them. This isn't pre-school, and I'm not going to read them out-loud for you LOL.
VerminGuy is a gun show peddler of wares going so far as renting tables with his buddies. I can see him now with a trucker hat on claiming to be pro veteran or American. He has a vest full of patches relaying the same. His cargo shorts stop right above has calf high socks. Velcro sneakers tops off the look. He is there for one reason and one only, to profit and buy stuff off people in “trouble”. Pretty scummy . Vulture like
Please post links to all your 'supposed' VG quotes.

Here's one example. You can look up the rest for yourself . I'm not going to do it for you as they were posted previously.

link

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Makes sense why he is revered here 😂
#angryoldwhiteman
Here's one example. You can look up the rest for yourself . I'm not going to do it for you as they were posted previously.

link

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Did Trumps tweets upset you also?

That Prewar70 is a liberal puke I do believe
BobBrown...your description of a gunshow wannabe/vulture is an all time campfire literary classic...well done, sir.
Dune Coon laugh That's a good one! Made me forget what the 11 pages was about.
[...it's on you to go over to that cesspool and gather your basis of facts. Get back to us when you've done that, and until then it's his word against yours.

Perhaps you missed something, eh? As jwp475 mentioned, those quotes were posted in THIS thread and are available for anyone who cares to see them. This isn't pre-school, and I'm not going to read them out-loud for you LOL.

You're the butt hurt victim in this thread, in case you forgot. Quit acting like a 4th grade girl at a slumber party and get over yourself.

You're the butt hurt victim in this thread, in case you forgot. Quit acting like a 4th grade girl at a slumber party and get over yourself.

You’re WRONG, Tex-ass Tard !

You're the one acting buthurt
VerminGuy is a gun show peddler of wares going so far as renting tables with his buddies. I can see him now with a trucker hat on claiming to be pro veteran or American. He has a vest full of patches relaying the same. His cargo shorts stop right above has calf high socks. Velcro sneakers tops off the look. He is there for one reason and one only, to profit and buy stuff off people in “trouble”. Pretty scummy . Vulture like

hahahahaha!
This thread was educational, I had never heard, or considered using the term "campfirer. I am operating under the assumption that vg is referring to a denizen of this board and not one who firescamps. Where is Valsdad when you need him?

mike r

You guys are plumb mean.

JG is right,, AR is owned by an America hater--getting kicked off is a badge of honor--at least it should be.

Although VG and I have crossed swords on occasion, I generally find him entertaining.

The OP was about doing the right thing, give the 'ol boy some credit.........sheesh.
This phugking thread 😂😂
All: (Except boob brown!) Last week I received the repaired scope in question back from the folks at Leupold and the problem that was with the scope has been repaired.
The folks at Leupold repaired and shipped the scope back to me at NO COST!
The service department sent along the repair order and the correction made and a list of other "improvements and updates" they performed/installed on the scope - again for free.
The scope was repaired in what I consider a timely manner here during the china red death pandemic era and again all the work and shipping they did was gratis.
My first experience with the repair/service department at Leupold & Stevens was a VERY pleasant and professional one.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine American company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: To boob brown - you can go ahead and stick your head BACK up your ass now.
LMAO! All you whiny little b1tches GFY ! 🤣🤣🤣
GFY Varmint Maiden
© 24hourcampfire