Home
I am considering either a 15x56 binocular or a 30-60x82 spotting scope for general glassing.

Since I spend more time at home then hunting generally, I would also like to use it to watch birds and insects in my garden.

Within 50yards I have placed several bird feeders.. so thats usually the range.

What would your preference be... binocular or spotting scope?
I moved my bird feeder hanging off the corner of my eves trough in front of the window after the deer mowed it down farther out in the yard, so I don’t need either one. A 30 power scope is hard to find things with quickly and I’ve found using my 15-60 scope is way easier, so if you have a tripod maybe consider a lower range scope. Bugs in the garden you say! I never thought to look at bugs and if I did I would probably just walk outside to see them. Binos work better for my birding because they move around so much and 8’s or 10’s is what I and most people use for birds. 15’s would be tough to hand hold and have a narrow fov.
I leave a spotter set on the feeder furtherest away from my viewing window and can catch whatever is at the feeder without issues. If I'm going to chase them all over the back yard, I suppose a binocular would be better.
I’m in the two eyes is a better viewing experience then one
© 24hourcampfire