Home
Picked one up Friday and forgot to post

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020586712

A good enough improvement over the first gen to buy at 725$

Get the illumination of ya want to use it as a hunting scope. For range use the non illumination is a bit thinner if ya roll that way and saves 50$
Great deal. But 34 ounces. Ouch
Good deal it seems but of no use to me.
Yeah I can’t imagine a rifle I’d want a 2 lb scope on
I have a DMR II Pro on this one.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I don’t own any Uber rifles
Prairie dog towns are a riot, same with marmots in the bluffs and cliffs.

Weight doesn’t suck for either of those tasks.

Same thing with most antelope hunts. Slung up with maybe a daypack... 11-12lb rifle doesn’t make much of a different when ur fit.

An swfa 3-9 is never the “wrong” scope but having 15x and half decent glass doesn’t suck on p-dogs Once you start sending it at half a mile.
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
Prairie dog towns are a riot, same with marmots in the bluffs and cliffs.

Weight doesn’t suck for either of those tasks.

Same thing with most antelope hunts. Slung up with maybe a daypack... 11-12lb rifle doesn’t make much of a different when ur fit.

An swfa 3-9 is never the “wrong” scope but having 15x and half decent glass doesn’t suck on p-dogs Once you start sending it at half a mile.

Word! Hey K. Do you like the glass? Looked through a Bushi of a Senior Mgr of Magpul at a precision rifle class and really liked the view other than the Horus reticle which was stupidly busy to me.
Originally Posted by kingston

How’re you liking that rig these days?
It's really good. The Horus is retarded. I don't understand how people use super detailed reticles. They only make sense to me in theory. This is a G3. My main match rifle has a Mx7i with Finn Accuracy's MSR2 on it, which is my hands down favorite reticle.
It's really good. The Horus is retarded. I don't understand how people use super detailed reticles. They only make sense to me in theory. This is a G3. My main match rifle has a Mx7i with Finn Accuracy's MSR2 on it, which is my hands down favorite reticle.

Too much common sense right there
Yeah, the G3 is good, but it needs more windage marks on the tree for stages that require both holdover and holdoff. I’m not a Horus guy, either. My favourite reticle is the EBR-7c.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

How’re you liking that rig these days?

It's a laser beam. My only complaint is not being able to use a TT Diamond set below 1-1/8 lb. on the Deadlines. The 60° throw is fast and smooth.
What's up with the TT on the Deadline?
Set below 1-1/8lb. a TT Diamond fails to cock when moderately briskly cycling the bolt. I've got a dozen TT's and TT sent me several more to try, but no bueno. It's got to be a problem with the Deadline's dimensions. I'd like to try a few different trigger hangers, but stoped chasing it when the pandemic hit. The Deadline trigger hanger looks to be MIM (powdered metal), maybe there's some variation, lot to lot. Who knows. TT has been great. Ultimatum dropped the ball more than a couple times.
I really need to get a barrel spun up for the Archimedes that's been sitting here. I was going to do a GT, but with all the supply shortages, I lost motivation. I've got enough brass to do another 6BRA, but would feel better if I had two cases of BR4 or 450's
That sucks.
It does it on both Deadlines, I have two.
Just ordered one, thanks!!

I just spent more than that on a (barely) used LRTSi...this will make the perfect scope for my .22 Creedmoor coyote rig. I have been using a Burris XTR-2 3-15 for a few years and its great, but everything about the Bushnells are just a little better.

that rifle resides in Messachusetts?

Now THAT is the impressive part......

I figured they'd lock ya up for even thinking about a rifle like that.....Messachusetts has lightened up since my days of living there...

Originally Posted by BobBrown

Pac Nor is building me a new 20 Practical barrel right now

28" x 1.118" straight full cylinder/no taper---prob 8# (ish) Savage action

Will be used a portable table dog gun....weight unimportant (18# plus) complete

No recoil or loss of sight picture.....dog killin' sob...... grin
Originally Posted by BobBrown

I try to keep my hunting rifles under 11lbs....with a light stock and Talley LWs, a 2lb scope works just fine. Even if it didn't, I wouldn't give up the features for less weight. I will likely be going to a CF barrel to shave some more weight....but the big FFP scope and Detachable Mags stay.

Looks familiar! Loving my DMR II Pro as well. Midway’s prices on the DMR IIs and XRS IIs are just crazy good right now.

John

I am holding out for the 3 lb next gen model with a 38mm tube, bigger is better on scopes theses days.

Spence
Originally Posted by spence1875
I am holding out for the 3 lb next gen model with a 38mm tube, bigger is better on scopes theses days.

Spence

Vortex Razor is almost there on the weight
My match rifles wear a DMRII Pro (Deadline in an ACC) and an XRSII (trued/welded Rem 700 and ESS). They're both great, but I slightly prefer the eye box on the Pro.

Spence

You know what Spence nobody [bleep] cares what you like, or don't like. The man posted that a scope was on sale. That might just be of interest to some and no so to others.

I get it, you don't use that scope, and have no use for it, and will never have a use for it. So just pass the post on by. But no, you and other [bleep] have to [bleep] up this post multiple times about how heavy it is for YOU.

Hint: Nobody but you, cares about your needs or your uses for this or any other scope.

Some of us appreciate that the OP took the time and effort to let others know about a good deal. You and others apparently have nothing better to do....
Originally Posted by Shadow

Spence

You know what Spence nobody [bleep] cares what you like, or don't like. The man posted that a scope was on sale. That might just be of interest to some and no so to others.

I get it, you don't use that scope, and have no use for it, and will never have a use for it. So just pass the post on by. But no, you and other [bleep] have to [bleep] up this post multiple times about how heavy it is for YOU.

Hint: Nobody but you, cares about your needs or your uses for this or any other scope.

Some of us appreciate that the OP took the time and effort to let others know about a good deal. You and others apparently have nothing better to do....

I appreciated it so much I bought one!!!
Wow, I was just kidding. Lighten up Frances, aka Shadow.
My match rifles wear a DMRII Pro (Deadline in an ACC) and an XRSII (trued/welded Rem 700 and ESS). They're both great, but I slightly prefer the eye box on the Pro.

What trigger are you running on your Deadline?
I've had a couple of triggers on it, and all have functioned flawlessly. But I like my triggers set at 1.5 lbs, so that may be why I've not had any issues. Currently have a TT Special flat shoe, set at 1.5 lbs.

Nice rig. How much improvement PRO has over the plain DMR II?
Originally Posted by KevinLA

It's a noticeable improvement in optical performance. Very much worth the higher price. IMO.
Originally Posted by Wrongside

It's a noticeable improvement in optical performance. Very much worth the higher price. IMO.

+1

John
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Yessir.
We talking shooting matches or all rounder where shots are at dark 30?

If the pro was illuminated i’d Agree either way. And I’m not a fan of relying on illumination to make up for reticle shortcomings. Batteries die when ya don’t want them to.

But that g3 reticle is pretty fine at lower magnifications and pretty Hard to center up at dark thirty without magnification

But not every scope has to be good at hunting at dusk.
We talking shooting matches or all rounder where shots are at dark 30?

If the pro was illuminated i’d Agree either way. And I’m not a fan of relying on illumination to make up for reticle shortcomings. Batteries die when ya don’t want them to.

But that g3 reticle is pretty fine at lower magnifications and pretty Hard to center up at dark thirty without magnification

But not every scope has to be good at hunting at dusk.

Matches and shooting in good light. I would certainly not choose the DMRII Pro for shooting at dusk and dawn against complex backgrounds.
Just ordered one. Thanks OP. What 34mm mount are you guys running for this?
Seems as though the lighted reticle would solve the dusk and dawn issue, no?
Also what are a decent rings, not shooting in matches. Just messing around or hunting but don't want ring marks either.
Rings. The only reason I'm not buying one is because I'd have to buy 34mm rings. As a couple of other posters above asked......what rings are most of you using that won't break the bank??
Burris rings on mine.
Midway had, but now on back order, leupold PRW2’s for $60ish. So that’s what I picked up two sets of. They fit with room to spare with on a MTU contoured Vudoo.
Originally Posted by Esox357

I’m using the ARC rings on mine. So far, no issues. I like them a lot.

John
I've got Talley LWs on my coyote rifle with a 34mm tube
Thanks. Ill take a lookat them
I've been watching these scopes for the last few days, and debating between the Bushnell and a Crimson Trace Series 5 3-18. I prefer the reticle in the Crimson Trace, as its the same as my IOR, but finding useful reviews on the Crimson Trace is just about impossible.
Fairly pleased with the scope..

Truth be told I don’t really have a platform to put it on full time.

When booted up surprised at how little it changes a krg bravo tikka with an atlas topped with an swfa 3-9.

Slight increase in heft but hardly noticeable in handling..

Wasn’t sure what height rings so I went with some nightforce ultralights in medium.

The Arken rings seem good value tho, as well as the made in Michigan utg pro’s.
...as well as the made in Michigan utg pro’s.

Never heard of them until now, but will check them out. Thanks.

Burris XTR Sig
Originally Posted by guy57

The Pro doesn’t have illumination as an option.
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

John

Those ARC m10 rings will spoil ya!

Not really, the glass is not up to the task.
Also what are a decent rings, not shooting in matches. Just messing around or hunting but don't want ring marks either.

Seekins rings are good bang for the buck and what's on the red rifle. As far as ring marks go, you've got to make sure the rings are parallel and in the same plane. Check your rail first. Use a straightedge and make sure it's straight and not twisted. Most ring alignment issues come from the rail.
Originally Posted by goalie
Burris rings on mine.

Burris are made in China, by the Chinese.
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

John

These are one of my favorites. I have several sets.
What I find interesting is that the DMR is considered to be inadequate for dusk/dawn situations, yet I've killed all manner of coyotes and pigs well before sunup, and well after sundown with a nasty ol Burris XTR-2....and no one has ever accused those of having good glass.
Originally Posted by Jason280
I've been watching these scopes for the last few days, and debating between the Bushnell and a Crimson Trace Series 5 3-18. I prefer the reticle in the Crimson Trace, as its the same as my IOR, but finding useful reviews on the Crimson Trace is just about impossible.

Though not the same scope, I purchased three of the Crimson Trace CTL-3105 (1-5x24mm). The glass is good/good+, for the money (at the $350 sale price), it's phenomenal. On 1x it has a little distortion at the edge, but not a hindrance. The build quality feels very robust. I like the reticle a lot. If it were truly daylight bright, it would be fantastic. Of these three, two are going back because of defective illumination. The reticle is halo-ed multiple times, in multiple planes when the illumination is turned on. I've had a similar problem with a very high end scope. In that case the illumination module wasn't cemented in effectively.

It's too bad, because otherwise it's a great LPVO at $350.

I'd definitely try one of the 3-18 if you're interested, just go over it carefully. I'm returning these to Midway, easy peasy. It's not like I'm forced to warranty them.
Originally Posted by liliysdad
What I find interesting is that the DMR is considered to be inadequate for dusk/dawn situations, yet I've killed all manner of coyotes and pigs well before sunup, and well after sundown with a nasty ol Burris XTR-2....and no one has ever accused those of having good glass.

I've got scopes that do this much better, although they cost multiples more.

Don't get me wrong, It not like they're an SWFA 6x. The Bushy is much better in marginal conditions. I'm talking about the Pro, as that's what I have experience with.
Been plenty of gloom around these parts around right now

No problem resolving bedded does at 630yards at dusk at 15xon the bushnell 3.5-21.. to almost the exact same minute as what the meostar hd’s 10x on a tripod would do. Not as sharp, but plenty goood enough to get on target and send a shot.

From experience running meostar hd’s against Swarovski slc in New Mexico on ibex in the florida’s Until dark they Are very much in the Same class in terms of light gathering right to dark.

I might head to head it with the stm 80 tomorrow but far as I can tell a waste of time. The bushy has plenty good glass up to end of shooting light. That’s what I’m after

Heard rumours of excessive CA... I’m pretty sensitive to it as well. It’s pretty controlled in this sample.

It’s been butt cold and my stoke for going dick in the dirt and making empties is pretty low but have ran it a bit off the porch on the 22lr plinking..really happy how forgiving the eyebox is in terms of depth. Sweet for when the groms get behind it.

Other than poor handling of mirage and bad atmospherics, and image distortion as the erector goes more than a few MRAD from mechanical center, there’s nothing wrong with the glass in the DMRII, it’s the reticle that is far from ideal for low-light hunting when on low magnification. Illumination can make up for it, but the G3 lacks the solid posts of the LRHS to help bracket the target.

Don't get me wrong, It not like they're an SWFA 6x. The Bushy is much better in marginal conditions. I'm talking about the Pro, as that's what I have experience with.

IME, the SWFA 6x actually handles poor atmospherics better than the standard DMRII, but not as well as the DMRII Pro.
I just ordered one....I *really* wanted to try the Crimson Trace Series 5 3-18x, but the Bushnell has a lot better track record.
Originally Posted by goalie
Burris rings on mine.

Burris are made in China, by the Chinese.

Mine might be an older production run of 34mm, but the packaging states "Made in USA".

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I also checked Brownells, and they still list "Made in USA" for the 34mm rings that I have.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mo...od78712.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=BURRIS

Would probably be best to call Burris to confirm though.
The old Extreme Tactical rings were Chinese, like the PEPR mounts. The XTR Signature rings are US Made.
Good to know.
Great deal. But 34 ounces. Ouch

This
My DMR Deuce acted wonky right outta da' gate,aboard a LEGENDARY ROCK Hart(day before last). Took my marbles and went home,musing a toss offa' fhuqking cliff. Hint.(grin)

Slammed it aboard The Heavy 270(MTU Bart' 7.7" RPM),figuring to burn more Supersonic Erector Travel. First 100yd trio,with only a boresight "zero" ala bore gawk with blinker. More than a touch disconcerting,given the relative abilities of the platform. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Made ele/windage adjustment and it fhuqking fell apart. Hint.

Ran erector through it's scale multiple times and it improved,but still wayyyyyyyyyyy schitty for said rifle. Hint.

Rattled through multiple zoom swaps to/from and again flogged on erector through it's total travel(zero stop removed). Then it shot in a more typical fashion,for said parcel. Hint.

Coming full circle,I had tossed the 10x MOA Quad aboard the ROCK Hart after a JB lashing and rattled a hasty trio,with Marty rings cinched back up tight. It was back to it's normal,which is routinely fhuqking spectacular on the average. Hint.

Headed out here in a bit,to roll DMR Deuce to/past Transonic come-ups,to see if it gets warmer/fuzzier. Hint.

Bushie do a LOT of fhuqking things right.

Hint.................
The old Extreme Tactical rings were Chinese, like the PEPR mounts. The XTR Signature rings are US Made.

I have several of each, and my 34mm XTR Sig are made in the USA, but my 30mm XTR Sig are made in China.

I have several of each, and my 34mm XTR Sig are made in the USA, but my 30mm XTR Sig are made in China.

That's very interesting. I have had only the 34mm rings. Thank you.
My 34mms are made in the USA as well.
I received my DMR II the other day, and noticed this evening that Midway has again discounted the price an additional $80 (down to $725). I'm curious if Midway offers any savings to customers if the price changes after a recent order, I know mine was just ordered last week.
Originally Posted by Jason280
I received my DMR II the other day, and noticed this evening that Midway has again discounted the price an additional $80 (down to $725). I'm curious if Midway offers any savings to customers if the price changes after a recent order, I know mine was just ordered last week.

I am gonna go with a "I highly doubt it."

The price has fluctuated...I ordered mine a few weeks ago, at the same price they currently are. For some reason they did raise the price briefly.
In my experience....No
Yeah, they responded with a "NO". Odd thing is, if they would have offered me the difference I would have used it towards ordering a second one...
How do these compare to the lrhs version, I realize the reticle is different but are they as robust and as accurate
Yes. The glass in the LRHS handles mirage and poor atmospheric conditions better, though.
© 24hourcampfire