Home
Posted By: Motown Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/17/21
Just posting this to see what peoples thoughts are after reading the broken Talley thread. I have switched three of my tikkas this past year over to the one piece DNZ mounts and they seem pretty solid and are lightweight. They all seem to be well aligned and did not require lapping either.

Other then not being the prettiest mount out there has anyone had any issues with theirs? I dont think they look bad with larger scopes, but have seen pics of them on rifles with small compact scopes and that is where I think they look bad.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/17/21
I really like them. The biggest downside to them is ring spacing. The two piece sets give you a little more latitude on the ability to reverse some of them (some not). The one piece you can end up with a lot of un-sprung scope weight past the rings if you're using a longer scope. If the spacing is close to the ends of the scope tube I really like them, the 4 screw tactical's the most.
Posted By: goalie Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/17/21
Good to go for me
The DNZ mounts are great. Well rounded at the edges so they don't catch a sleeve like the Talley mounts. Never had one break.
Posted By: erich Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/17/21
Good, solid and ugly. Tried them and ended up pulling them off my rifles or sending them off on rifles I've sold.
Posted By: Motown Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/17/21
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I really like them. The biggest downside to them is ring spacing. The two piece sets give you a little more latitude on the ability to reverse some of them (some not). The one piece you can end up with a lot of un-sprung scope weight past the rings if you're using a longer scope. If the spacing is close to the ends of the scope tube I really like them, the 4 screw tactical's the most.

I agree with the ring spacing. I have never tried the 2 pc mount and wonder if that might give a little more room?
Posted By: jobyjob Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/17/21
They are all I've used for years.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/17/21
I’ve used them. I had a couple screws that stripped out quicker than I expected. They sent me a handful right out. It’s a well made mount for the money.
Posted By: Dantheman Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/17/21
I have a DNZ one piece mount on my BLR. A nice solid , lightweight mount.

Dan
Best thing going for an ugly rifle!
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/18/21
I had one on a rifle but changed to something I liked looking at better. They are ugly.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/18/21
Oogly to the max. Not on my gun, thank you very much.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/19/21
I was gifted a SWFA 3-9 HD and a DNZ 1 piece mount for my Tikka T3 lite 308w. 3K+ rounds later it still holds zero. It looks pretty good to me.

mike r
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/19/21
A solution to a non-existent problem, and fuggly. However, American made so way above Burris those sellout commie dic slobbering SOBs.

Their non-firearms product line includes imports. Blah blah.
Posted By: Dre Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/19/21
Is this a beauty contest ? Or holding your scope tighter that a nuns ....
Originally Posted by Dre

Come on, say it...
Originally Posted by Dre

How many rounds and through what conditions do the "pretty" rifles go through compared to the "ugly" rifles with DNZ mounts?
How many DNZs are on winning shooter's rifles in any discipline? If'n they were a solution to a problem, they'd be.... Fact is, Picatinny and friends work perfectly.... Yeah Nutz...
Posted By: 3dtestify Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/19/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Oogly to the max. Not on my gun, thank you very much.

^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

The ONLY one piece base worthy of beauty is the David Miller Co. mount. Problem is you must pony up major cash for one of their rifles to get one!
Posted By: Scout308 Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/19/21
I have them on a tikka t3x and they work great.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/19/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
How many DNZs are on winning shooter's rifles in any discipline? If'n they were a solution to a problem, they'd be.... Fact is, Picatinny and friends work perfectly.... Yeah Nutz...

About as many as a Burris Fullfield or a Weaver V9, but that doesn’t mean they’re bad or useless...
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/19/21
[Linked Image]

The DNZ 30mm low scope ring/bases are having a problem with the Leupold VX6-HD 3x18x44 on a Rem700 long action.
The power ring and scope base interfering with one another.

[Linked Image]
Removing the interfering DNZ material with mill or file.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

About as many as a Burris Fullfield or a Weaver V9, but that doesn’t mean they’re bad or useless...

Scopes ehhh.

Not bad or useless mounts, just nothing special. They aren't that appealing for many folks, do nothing unique and will always have only a small following because of it. Nutz
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

The DNZ 30mm low scope ring/bases are having a problem with the Leupold VX6-HD 3x18x44 on a Rem700 long action.
The power ring and scope base interfering with one another.

[Linked Image]
Removing the interfering DNZ material with mill or file.

A good reason to justify having a mill! I will use that! LOL

File in a flash, as you know. Nutz
Inconsistent quality, terrible QC and customer service.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/20/21
I’ve bought a couple of rifles off of G/broker that had them and as soon as I got the rifles, the mounts came off...
They seem to be well made but on a rifle they overwhelm the lines in my opinion.
Posted By: rj308 Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/20/21
I think the only rifle they would look "correct" on is a Savage bolt action. RJ
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/20/21
strong mount but i hate the look of those thick azz things
Posted By: dale06 Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Best thing going for an ugly rifle!

Never tried them. There are lots of good mounting systems that are not so f’ugly.
I didn't realize they were making a 20moa version. Might be worth another look.
Posted By: CSBfan Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/20/21
I like their two piece bases better than talley lightweights. I like two piece setups even better, whether weaver or picatinny.
Posted By: goalie Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I don't know about customer service, but I had to lap both sets I used.

Funny thing is, the knockoff that came with my CVA Hunter was nuts-on, go figure.....
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/20/21
I have a DNZ one piece mount on my M70 FW and I like it. I put one on my Rem 660 and my BIL has the rifle now and is going to get another one for the 660 222 he just bought.
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I don't know about customer service, but I had to lap both sets I used.

Funny thing is, the knockoff that came with my CVA Hunter was nuts-on, go figure.....

I finally threw a set in the garbage. I lapped it and it was obviously poorly machined, they said the tube on my Zeiss scope was way oversize. I mounted same Zeiss scope in talley rings with no issues. I sent them the rings and they came back a week later with a note saying they were within spec.

They are one of the few companies that make a one piece mount for Weatherby six lug actions, When I got the rings half of the ring mount was gloss , the other half matte. That was the final nail.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Thoughts on DNZ Mounts? - 02/20/21
I had seen images of DNZ mounts over the years and thought they were fairly hideous, but I saw a rifle with them on it a while back and didn't think it looked as bad as I had imagined. Still not exactly pleasing to the eye, but not drop-dead ugly either. Just my two cents...
© 24hourcampfire