Home
I’m looking for a rangefinder, and I think it’s between the sig kilo 2200 BDX, and the Leica 2400r. Any owners want to give an opinion? Or is there a better option in the $500-$750 rangefinder market?
Leica is all you need to know in rangefinders. Call Doug.
My Sig 2200 BDX ran circles around the Geovid (403) RF I had.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Not slamming the Sig, but the Leica series of CRF rangefinders are a different dog than the Geovid rangefinder binoculars. happy Trails
Got the 2700b from Doug last week, nib, damaged box, $499, boys sig 2200 isn’t even in the same ballpark as the 2700.
I got the 2700b from Doug and it is amazing. Can’t recommend it enough. Oh and it was $499
I haven’t ran the Leica 2700 but I have ran several other models from Leica. The Sig 2200 BDX has never left me wanting more, it ranges instantly and I love the ap to download my ballistics, super user friendly.
Pretty sure the Sig2200bdx is manufactured in China by the Chinese Communist Party.
If so why would you want to purchase a product from a country that openly states they want world domination? The CCP wants to take away your freedom. Probably not a issue today but will be for our children.
Originally Posted by NWT
Pretty sure the Sig2200bdx is manufactured in China by the Chinese Communist Party.
If so why would you want to purchase a product from a country that openly states they want world domination? The CCP wants to take away your freedom. Probably not a issue today but will be for our children.

Well in that case You better ditch whatever your using to reply in this forum with (laptop,tablet,phone) because it’s probably made in China too!
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
[quote=NWT]Pretty sure the Sig2200bdx is manufactured in China by the Chinese Communist Party.
Well in that case You better ditch whatever your using to reply in this forum with (laptop,tablet,phone) because it’s probably made in China too!

Alaska Cub,
Unfortunately I can not control what is in my Apple computer or iPhone at this time. I do have a choice in my sports optics and other products. Some items at this time still NEED to be made by the CCP until other sourcing becomes available, Sport Optics do not NEED to be purchased from the Chinese Communist Party!
One of my greatest freedoms is hunting ( China Communist Party doesn’t even allow their comrades to hunt), the last thing I want to look at while sitting glassing on a mountain is a made in China badge on my hunting gear.
Originally Posted by Springcove
I got the 2700b from Doug and it is amazing. Can’t recommend it enough. Oh and it was $499

Yea if I find a Leica 2700 for $499, it’ll be in the mail to Alabama right quick. Where are you guys finding that price? Got a link by chance?
Originally Posted by Scurvy_dog

Yea if I find a Leica 2700 for $499, it’ll be in the mail to Alabama right quick. Where are you guys finding that price? Got a link by chance?

Call Cameraman they sponsor the optics forum

Cameraland

Cameraland.
Originally Posted by WAM

Not slamming the Sig, but the Leica series of CRF rangefinders are a different dog than the Geovid rangefinder binoculars. happy Trails

Good to know. It wouldn't take much to be better than that Geovid I had, I'll admit.
My Geovid (403) runs circles around my Sig 2200 wink
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Consider yourself lucky. You yourself told me of all the problems with the 403 Geovids.

Consider yourself lucky. You yourself told me of all the problems with the 403 Geovids.

There was a batch of 403 Geovids with a faulty solder on a circuit board (according to Leica), causing the RF to stop working in temperatures much below freezing. I consider that to be a manufacturing flaw that can be repaired (and mine was), not a poor or incapable design. I think if you had yours repaired you'd be as happy with it as I am with mine. I've had multiple Sig rangefinders, and none of them are as amazing as they claim. I've also had several Leicas, and they tend to perform much more closely to their ratings than my Sigs have. There's some variation in the performance of all these RFs, from unit to unit.
I would have had them repaired if Leica would have gotten off their asss and got the warranty straightened out. The system was down, they wouldn't/couldn't register them on my behalf, so that process went nowhere, fast. They wouldn't respond to emails after the first couple, and communication became non existent. I said screw it.
I had two CRF 1200's and they both sucked. At least back then Leica responded with a replacement unit, which is why I had two. Pretty embarrassing when you have to borrow a paying antelope hunter's Tasco/Simmons RF to finish a hunt.
2700b are bad ass. They range fast and far.
Leica.
I would have had them repaired if Leica would have gotten off their asss and got the warranty straightened out. The system was down, they wouldn't/couldn't register them on my behalf, so that process went nowhere, fast. They wouldn't respond to emails after the first couple, and communication became non existent. I said screw it.
I had two CRF 1200's and they both sucked. At least back then Leica responded with a replacement unit, which is why I had two. Pretty embarrassing when you have to borrow a paying antelope hunter's Tasco/Simmons RF to finish a hunt.

Yeah, I don't blame you for being turned off of Leica after all that. My warranty experience with this Geovid was less than stellar, but not as bad as yours from the sound of it.

Can't speak directly to those two rangefinders, but my Leica 2700B is definitely better than my Kilo 2000.

Yeah, I don't blame you for being turned off of Leica after all that. My warranty experience with this Geovid was less than stellar, but not as bad as yours from the sound of it.

I bought my Leica from Doug because if it goes down I know I can rely on Doug to "motivate" Leica. And that's the only way I would currently buy a Leica product.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I bought my Leica from Doug because if it goes down I know I can rely on Doug to "motivate" Leica. And that's the only way I would currently buy a Leica product.

That's what I did, too.
I just purchased a pre-owned Leica, haven’t received it yet, next week sometime but the SIG was on my list.

Yeah, wish someone would find a link and post it rather than just saying Doug or Cameraland. And yes I know what that site is.
If I ever get sold on the bino/rf all in one unit I'll buy the (gasp!) Vortex 5000 AB and be done with it.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Yeah, wish someone would find a link and post it rather than just saying Doug or Cameraland. And yes I know what that site is.

Looked yesterday, he’s out of the 2700b
How does the 2800.com and 3500 compare to the 2700b? Worth the premium?
whitetail:

I don't see any currently on the website. Call 1-866-9optics (toll-free) and ask for Doug. They are open today.
The 2700B is no longer available. It did not have the Bluetooth or Kestral connectivity
© 24hourcampfire