Home
I know some of you guys love these scopes, I like the one's I have

Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Rifle Scope #200349 $180 with free shipping @ Dunn's

Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Rifle Scope #200349
Was fixing to start scope hunting for my new 17 hmr. This made it easy. Thanks!!
Thank you!! Been looking for some with the “standard” plex, rather than the E1 reticle. Got one of the E1 3-9x from Cabela’s (first purchase from them in years). Not a bad scope, but that etched reticle is too small, and too easy to lose in the woods/dark.

The standard reticle on the 4.5-14 you posted is the ticket!
Great price!
How would you all rate the clarity of the glass on this one?
Does this E1 reticle fill the FOV like the picture on the box or does it “float” like the E1 3-9?

Thanks in advance.
I have several of the Droptines in the same size, and I am impressed with the quality for the price. I have no idea what the optical differences are.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Does this E1 reticle fill the FOV like the picture on the box or does it “float” like the E1 3-9?

Thanks in advance.

This “says” (and model number seems to confirm) that this is the “standard” ballistic plex reticle, and NOT the etched “E1 ballistic” reticle (the “floating” one, like in the 3-9).

I’ll confirm in the next few days...
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Thanks in advance.

This “says” (and model number seems to confirm) that this is the “standard” ballistic plex reticle, and NOT the etched “E1 ballistic” reticle (the “floating” one, like in the 3-9).

I’ll confirm in the next few days...

Thanks. 👍

I bought a couple of the 30mm E1’s that were linked to on here (damn those links, they’re always expensive) and the picture on the box, labeled “Ballistic Plex E1” under it din’t match the reticle. I’d prefer it did match but for the price I’ll survive.
Ballistic Plex (200349)

https://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles/ballistic-plex

Ballistic Plex “E1” (200344)

https://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles/ballistic-plex-e1
I believe these are among the best scopes available for the money.
Mine showed up today. It’s the regular ballistic plex (NOT the E1). Reticle goes all the way across field of view (NOT the “floating” E1).
For $190 they are hard to beat. I have one on my Mauser M12.
Will Doug price match this offer? I'd prefer to spend my money with him.

I know, I know, I need to message him.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

The Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Rifle Scope #200349 is a discontinued unit and we do not have any
You guys and these links keep costing me money.....
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

The Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Rifle Scope #200349 is a discontinued unit and we do not have any

I appreciate the response.

And out of respect for Doug, I made a point to check his site, before I ordered.

I would NOT be pimping scopes through other retailers here, if I thought Doug stocked them...
Tag
Originally Posted by barm
How would you all rate the clarity of the glass on this one?

I just bought one of these for a 17 HMR. Very clear. Impressive scope for the price.

And out of respect for Doug, I made a point to check his site, before I ordered.

I would NOT be pimping scopes through other retailers here, if I thought Doug stocked them...

Exactly how I feel. As a family man, budget matters to me, but if I can get the same item for the same or a few bucks more through someone who I'd prefer to support, it's a no-brainer.
I googled this to try and find out some more information about it, then went to Cameraland, Swfa and Euro Optic to see if anyone else had them and to read any reviews, Dunn's was the only place I could find it.
Okay, my two arrived today and typical literature, this reticle are not listed. Has anyone figured out what the subtensions are for the hash marks?
There is a post on the first page of this thread that has both links.
https://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles/ballistic-plex

Don't know how I missed that
I just put one with the floating reticle on my .223. It’s been on a few others without issue other than predictably being a bit dim at 14x in the shadows. If I needed a scope in that range, I’d grab one. Have too many in boxes just now.

Exactly how I feel. As a family man, budget matters to me, but if I can get the same item for the same or a few bucks more through someone who I'd prefer to support, it's a no-brainer.

I agree with this 100%
Looks like “out of stock”, now.

Thanks again, Darryle!!

I picked up 3 of them.

In 5 years, when Burris is making ALL their lower end in China (hope not, but that’s where Fullfield IV is coming from), we’ll be wishing we picked up a few more....

Thanks again, Darryle!!

I picked up 3 of them.

In 5 years, when Burris is making ALL their lower end in China (hope not, but that’s where Fullfield IV is coming from), we’ll be wishing we picked up a few more....

That didn't take long. Glad I didn't hesitate.

Thanks again, Darryle!!

I picked up 3 of them.

I bought the last two about forty minutes ago.

Thanks Darryle
Nice scope, great price
I picked up a couple myself, trying to figure out what rifles to put them on.

Y'all are welcome, Dunn's has always been a great place to deal with, they put Benelli Classic M2s on sale a couple years back for $699 IIRC and SBE IIs on for $1060, we bought a few of them at the time.
Darryle you should send Dunn's a link to this. I think they owe you a sales commission.

I received mine Friday. Thanks for the heads up.
I picked up 2 also. Thanks for the heads up. They have not come in yet but pretty sure they are going to be well worth the $$.
thanks for the link. I just placed an order for one.
Looks like they nay be back in stock. I just placed an order, showed in stock.
Indeed they are. Also looks like they have the “Long Range MOA” version in stock, for the same price.
Well, the MOA’s didn’t last long....
I don't think the MOA versions have been in stock for some time
Just ordered 1 Thanks. Should make a great 22lr scope
I also picked one up awhile ago. Good scope for the money and not made in China.
Mine came in yesterday. I really like it overall, but the power ring is REALLY stiff. Anyone else hard to turn?
Originally Posted by loneguitar
Mine came in yesterday. I really like it overall, but the power ring is REALLY stiff. Anyone else hard to turn?

Yes. I got two that are mild-mod stiff, and one that is REALLY stiff.

I’ll learn to live with it, but was hoping maybe a throw lever was available. Can’t find one (at least not at anything resembling a reasonable price)..
I had the same thought with the throw lever, but no luck as well.
Originally Posted by loneguitar
I had the same thought with the throw lever, but no luck as well.

Did you check ebay? There was a guy selling 3d printed levers for $15 shipped.
I haven’t checked eBay but I will now
I got a Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42 recently with a super stiff mag ring, and I hate plastic/polymer throw levers. Found this on Amazon and it fit it perfectly. Take a caliper to your E1 and check. There are two sizes with a good bit of adjustment in each, the smaller one fit my MTAC.

https://www.amazon.com/WestHunter-O...hrow+lever&qid=1617914535&sr=8-1
Back in stock if you are interested
For throw levers I've been using these and have had no issues

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&am...wAhWPKs0KHQDcB3IQ9aACegQIARBC&adurl=
Originally Posted by Darryle

Do these scopes have a zero stop?
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

No. They are not made for dialing in the field.
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Thanks for the clarifictaion.
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Thanks for the clarifictaion.

They are a capped turret that you can reset the dial to zero after sight in. Shouldn’t be an issue to dial in the field. The fullfield II is a set and forget.
Does anyone know what size BC caps will fit these scopes?

Thanks
Thank you!! Been looking for some with the “standard” plex, rather than the E1 reticle. Got one of the E1 3-9x from Cabela’s (first purchase from them in years). Not a bad scope, but that etched reticle is too small, and too easy to lose in the woods/dark.

The standard reticle on the 4.5-14 you posted is the ticket!

Don't be fooled by what he posted. Burris has posted that reticle since they debuted, but it does not look like that. It is the small reticle. Like this one:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The scope wouldn't be bad, if it indeed had the full size FFII ballistic plex reticle (what is pictured in the link). With the small ballistic plex reticle, you couldn't give me the pos.. Anyone who buys it, can confirm if it has the reticle pictured in the link, or the one I pictured.

Mine showed up today. It’s the regular ballistic plex (NOT the E1). Reticle goes all the way across field of view (NOT the “floating” E1).

Well, that is great news. Its about time they use the old tried and true ballistic plex reticle in these scopes.
Originally Posted by Holston

Thanks

33 and 13
Thank you.
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
I got a Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42 recently with a super stiff mag ring, and I hate plastic/polymer throw levers. Found this on Amazon and it fit it perfectly. Take a caliper to your E1 and check. There are two sizes with a good bit of adjustment in each, the smaller one fit my MTAC.

https://www.amazon.com/WestHunter-O...hrow+lever&qid=1617914535&sr=8-1

Thanks for this.
Those levers are great to use.
Originally Posted by DANNYL
For throw levers I've been using these and have had no issues

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&am...wAhWPKs0KHQDcB3IQ9aACegQIARBC&adurl=

Interesting, I am going to order some of these and give them a shot. Thanks DANNYL
I know some of you guys love these scopes, I like the one's I have

Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Rifle Scope #200349 $180 with free shipping @ Dunn's

Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Rifle Scope #200349

Thanks Darryle, decided to go ahead and grab one of these.
Hello all,
I have a question on how the custom turret dials that Burris makes for this specific scope are installed. I have seen references online to there being set-screws that secure the factory elevation turret (at least on the Veracity model), that are simply loosened, the factory turret popped off, and then the custom dial appears to replace both the factory turret as well as the turret cap.

I have this same model scope we're discussing here, except mine is the E1 floating reticle (#200338). I am looking at my EL turret and see no set-screws nor apparent means of removing it.

How does it work with these scopes? How is the Burris custom dial swapped in? Is the E1 4.5-14x42 model that has the basic ballistic plex the same (#200349)?
[EDIT: another member who has the #200349 confirmed for me that the EL turret looks the same as my #200338. So that is answered.
"How does one remove it and mount the new custom turret?" remains a mystery]

Thanks,
Rex
Originally Posted by TRexF16
Hello all,
I have a question on how the custom turret dials that Burris makes for this specific scope are installed. I have seen references online to there being set-screws that secure the factory elevation turret (at least on the Veracity model), that are simply loosened, the factory turret popped off, and then the custom dial appears to replace both the factory turret as well as the turret cap.

I have this same model scope we're discussing here, except mine is the E1 floating reticle (#200338). I am looking at my EL turret and see no set-screws nor apparent means of removing it.

How does it work with these scopes? How is the Burris custom dial swapped in? Is the E1 4.5-14x42 model that has the basic ballistic plex the same (#200349)?
[EDIT: another member who has the #200349 confirmed for me that the EL turret looks the same as my #200338. So that is answered.
"How does one remove it and mount the new custom turret?" remains a mystery]

Thanks,
Rex

I found my answer from Burris themselves. On this particular scope, the custom knob they cut simply replaces the turret cap and secures to the existing factory elevation knob with set screws.

Cheers,
Rex
These are back in stock, just received another status update email

After the interest of these when I listed two in the classifieds, figured I would give y'all a heads up
There’s quite a few of these 200349 on GB right now. Dunn’s still lists them at a Buy Now and a couple of other outfits have them on auction. I got one last night for a $130 bid (plus tax & shipping). 👀 forward to checking it out
These are back in stock, just received another status update email

After the interest of these when I listed two in the classifieds, figured I would give y'all a heads up

So after reading this thread I went ahead and ordered one early afternoon on Saturday. So far I don't have any sort of confirmation email or anything from them. Not really worried but wondering how they normally are as far as shipping goes.
You will receive tracking information before you get any update from them
I know this is my first post here, but the topic interested me since I just purchased one of these scopes for a Savage Varmint build. I like the glass and clarity for the price. I can't argue with success, took a smallish groundhog at 263yds Tuesday evening at Dusk.
Originally Posted by shotar
I know this is my first post here, but the topic interested me since I just purchased one of these scopes for a Savage Varmint build. I like the glass and clarity for the price. I can't argue with success, took a smallish groundhog at 263yds Tuesday evening at Dusk.

Welcome to the circus

It does exceed it's price point quality wise
Scope arrived later yesterday afternoon. First impressions are its a pretty nice scope especially for the money. Right at dusk went out and looked at a few things at various ranges, looks crisp and clear even in the poor light I had at the time. Will get it mounted and see how it works out.
What size butler creek flip up caps does this scope take?
http://www.butlercreek.com/on/deman...rcreek/scope-cover-measurement-guide.pdf
Originally Posted by Butler247

Thanks

33 and 13

33 Obj? 13 front?
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Originally Posted by Butler247

Thanks

33 and 13

33 Obj? 13 front?

Yes objective is a #33 and the eye-piece/ocular is a #13 per their chart.
This place is local to me, I have been in their store, but haven't purchased anything from them. Kinda a yuppie REI for hunters and shooters

$143.76

BURRIS Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Riflescope (200349)
Originally Posted by shotar

Welcome to the circus

Circus? Welcome to the nuthouse. grin

Regardless, Welcome Shotar. Hope you stick around.
This place is local to me, I have been in their store, but haven't purchased anything from them. Kinda a yuppie REI for hunters and shooters

$143.76

$143.76

Great price !

$143.76

I'd but two at the price. Great deal.

$143.76

I just bought one from them. I will let you know how it goes.
I currently have a Cabelas / Meopta 3-9x40 on a Vanguard 308 but these are a screaming deal. For those of you that have these, would I be giving up a ton of clarity to gain a few extra X’s? Would it be worth the swap to pick up a little ammo cash?
The clarity is very surprising for the dollar, I haven't looked thru any Cabela's or Meopta scopes, so I can not compare them
tag
I ordered one from GRITR Outdoors on 10/27 and had tracking info the next day. The scope arrived yesterday, 1 week from when I placed the order. Opened it up and it was surprisingly bright and clear, better than my fullfield II's that i have. The sticker on it says made in the Philippines. I'm not sure you can find a nicer scope for $150.

$143.76

Thanks for the link Darryl. I bought 2 of the long range moa reticle model from them the other day and the showed up in perfect shape a few days later. I prefer ffp but I can work with 20 moa of hashes on the windshield if needed and it looks like you can reset the duals to zero. I've got lots of rifles and many aren't expensive ones so it's good to have a few cheaper but functional scopes around. The parallax adjustment is a plus if I want to put one on a rimfire. I'll probably try one on the ruger American 22 mag I bought a few years back but still haven't shot yet.

Bb
Originally Posted by philgood80
I currently have a Cabelas / Meopta 3-9x40 on a Vanguard 308 but these are a screaming deal. For those of you that have these, would I be giving up a ton of clarity to gain a few extra X’s? Would it be worth the swap to pick up a little ammo cash?

IMO, no. Like many in that power range, it gets harder to get behind near the top end, and dimmer. It also only has 40MOA of adjustment. I just mounted one on my Hornet to replace an older 3-9, but expect little if any benefit to the extra Xs in the field. On the range, it can be useful. With the adjustable focus, they work very well on a .22 used for shooting groups, but might limit you at long range without some help from the mounts.

After a lot of futzing around, I’ve come to the conclusion that for most whitetail hunting, a 1-6, 1-8, 2-7, 3-9, or 2-10 at most is about the best. There will always be special situations where something else might shine, but I’ve never missed an opportunity because a 3-9 wasn’t up to it.

At today’s prices, you’d be hard-pressed to buy much ammo for what you’d clear on trading down.
Originally Posted by JMUPT
I ordered one from GRITR Outdoors on 10/27 and had tracking info the next day. The scope arrived yesterday, 1 week from when I placed the order. Opened it up and it was surprisingly bright and clear, better than my fullfield II's that i have. The sticker on it says made in the Philippines. I'm not sure you can find a nicer scope for $150.

Mine just showed up today and my impressions of the scope are the same. Transaction with GRITR was quick and painless.
Received mine today. I already have two FF II’s, and like the E1 much better. I like the power ring on the E1 for flip-up caps, and the ballistic plex reticle is not as crowded. It is indeed a clear scope. Best impulse buy I’ve made for a scope. Thanks for the head’s up!
Thanks for the link this will be my fifth one, replacing VariX III and Bushnell elites.

I did side by side comparison with the first and while the old VariX III seem to be a bit brighter, as I have aged I like the higher power these offer.
© 24hourcampfire