Home
I ordered a scope from Cabela's last week. It was supposed to arrive on Tuesday, then I got a notice it will arrive on Thursday. I didn't receive it Thursday so checked the tracking. It landed in Memphis on the 6th and never left. But, it seems to have disappeared there. Nothing on the tracking even says anything about it anymore. It hasn't left Memphis according to FedEx tracking.

A friend had the same thing happen with a rifle he bought from Georgia. It got to Memphis (FedEx again) and stayed there for a couple months and then all of the sudden it showed up at his LGS without notice.

Any of you have this problem with FedEx? Cabela's is going to send out another scope if I don't get it today. They consider it lost if it isn't here today. From what the operator said it seems to be a common problem with FedEx. I wonder why they keep shipping with them.
Not Fedex but the USPS. Ordered a small part for my snow blower through Amazon in December. It was shipped on 12/22/2020. Tracking showed it went as far as St. Louis, MO then nothing for weeks. Received a a refund from the vendor through Amazon. I bought another part from a different vendor which arrived promptly. I checked the tracking on the original order a few times after receiving my refund but no updates. It disappeared in St. Louis. On March 2nd the part I first ordered appeared in my mailbox. I contacted Amazon and they said just keep it.
I had the EXACT situation happen to me with a scope I bought from them. I was supposed to have gotten it on February 19 but the status of it disappeared once it got to Memphis. I contacted their customer service (very prompt and good communication) and they told me to wait until March 1. Even though I never found it again through their tracking number it arrived on March 1. Cabelas sent me a $25 gift card. They were originally going to send a $15 one but after our very polite exchange they upped it to $25, likely because I was polite and I kept them up to date every several days. I was very impressed with their customer service.
If you send any bullets via any body, make sure they can't rattle. the inquisitive little urchins that are handling things along the way just have to see what is making that noise i guess.
that and the weight is just too much for them. weight =Gold, Silver, or lead. all easy to sell today.
They made a big gun theft bust at UPS Memphis a few years back IIRC.
I sent a gun part to Edmonton, Alberta...........three weeks later it arrived in London, England. in the meantime I tried to collect on the shipping insurance and found out there was ZERO chance to collect, luckily it got to Edmonton after a six week journey.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

No way that could happen in Memphis, of all places. Why would that happen??
The Weatherby Griptonite stock I ordered for my $250 Howa 6CM barreled action just disappeared. After about a month they sent another one, by another carrier. After that one arrived, the original did too. They told me to keep it. Might sell it since I’M NOT BUYING ANY MORE RIFLES.

OTOH, the nice game cart I ordered last year came in time, then a few days later a second one came. I contacted the seller, an Amazon vendor, and they said keep it as well, so I gave it to my son.

All this, plus my other mailing and shipping fiascos, have me very leery about selling anything else from my box-o-crap, at least until things settle down.

In another COVID-related incident, the Cub Cadet garden tiller I’ve had on order since before Christmas apparently is unavailable because the owner of the company that manufactures the tines died of the Plague, and the company went bust. After a bunch of fruitless searching, I managed (I hope!) to snag a Troybuilt from Home Depot. We shall see.
Ordered a Nosler manual Nov 22 from Midway. They gave it to the post office Nov 24. I got it Jan 22. No more post office for me.
USPS is horrible lately.

Made 2 separate purchases 2 days apart from DFW from 2 different sellers.

One arrived 2 days later via Priority Mail, the other is no where to be found. Tracking says still at DFW, but postmaster can find package.

Neither were hard items, just some First Lite clothes but DAMN they need to get their act together!
Had a couple packages that were, up until the very day delivered, showing to be at Memfrica. These were USPS from CA to MT. Good luck...
Have had multiple issues with USPS and FedEx over the last few months. Started using UPS and haven’t had an issue yet..
When I sent a CZ to Cajun Gun Works, they were emphatic that it had to get to them via FedEx Air. I paid the extra even though FedEx Ground would have arrived on the same day. No one was giving details, but reading between the lines I suspect that the ground FedEx shipments tend to go other places and maybe not to the rightful owners..
All shippers have their problems.

And Covid has exacerbated these problems.
Posted By: cdb Re: Well it Finally Happened to Me - 03/14/21
I live in the country. FEDEX and USPS are a joke in my area. UPS is good.
I have had a few FedEx deliveries over the past month that simply stopped tracking. I eventually got all of them.
Originally Posted by Windfall
When I sent a CZ to Cajun Gun Works, they were emphatic that it had to get to them via FedEx Air. I paid the extra even though FedEx Ground would have arrived on the same day. No one was giving details, but reading between the lines I suspect that the ground FedEx shipments tend to go other places and maybe not to the rightful owners..

Where I live FedEx air and FedEx ground are managed separately almost like different companies and their shipping hubs are miles apart from each other. Have not had a problem yet with FedEx air but multiple problems with FedEx ground. USPS has had serious issues of late, I ship quite a bit with UPS and they for the most part have been reliable but are usually the most expensive.

Bad experience with FedEx Memphis (actual hub in OLIVE BRANCH, MS). I bought a 3-pt hitch kit for a sub-compact tractor. Vendor wouldn't ship to AK, so had it shipped to my buddy in WI to resend to me. Fed Ex tracking showed it delayed in Olive Branch for a day. When the package arrived the lower lift arms were missing. Nothing but lip service and process in place from Fed Up to not resolve anything!
This is Very common with USPS, thats why i dont use them anymore when shipping guns....Hb
I recently received two packages sent Priority Mail from the USPS. Both were over 1 ½ months late based on the tracking numbers given to me. One package was from Seattle that was being shipped to my home in Maine. After making numerous phone calls and emails, I finally ended up talking to the Postmaster in Maine. She felt sorry for me but then told me that the USPS had recently lost her father’s death certificate and that she had to drive to Boston to get another one. Unless you want your package to go in the black hole, “Do not use the USPS”. I have one more package out there waiting to be delivered so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by shinbone
All shippers have their problems.

And Covid has exacerbated these problems.

Not buying it. Things just don't disappear from their computers without help. Especially when it happens consistantly.
FedEx seems to have gotten sticky fingers lately. Bud sent a couple of handguns to Jack Huntington to work on. When Jack shipped them someone opened the FedEx box and pulled one out retaped it shipped it with obvious tampering. Wouldn't trust using FedEx on shipping things.

They also
Originally Posted by RiverRider

No way that could happen in Memphis, of all places. Why would that happen??

Gun thefts happen from shippers all over the USA:
Guns Stolen From UPS and Others, Sometimes before authorities know they’re missing.
I remember the thefts here in Billings MT very well, too. I've had problems with the USPS, FedEx and UPS - NONE of them are immune to the problem.
Last year a high chair showed up on our porch.
No label, just some address I tracked to a warehouse in NJ.

No indication of who shipped it, who the carrier was or destination.

Googled it, $270 for a high chair!

Our daughters softball coach was pregnant for the first time,
so after a couple weeks and no word, we gave it to her.
Many of the large shippers having hubs in the midwest are having problems.. I believe they are so backed up that they just store shipments at or near those hubs and get it to destinations when they have the manpower to deliver it.

Shipments go to Chicago to die on a regular basis only to be revived in time.

On top of that we have Affirmative Action at work to deal with as well.

g
Yes, several ridiculous problems with Fedex. Delays and damage. Iin the latest, it took 18 days from Florida to Oregon.
Memphis is a vortex, I have a die that landed there (USPS) going on 2 months ago and never left. I need to start looking on ebay and craigslist, somebody has to be helping themselves to a lot of stuff and padding their income.

This was at their main facility on brooks Road in southwest Memphis near the airport. With a a little inside help they knew which trailer to snatch and either stole a truck off the lot or brought one (can't remember which). They drive it through a fence if I recall and headed straight to Chicago which is where they were from. Fortunately the ATF had quick knowledge of it and caught them before they were able to distribute the guns in Chicago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-facility-memphis-atf-warns/1498314002/

Employees at the FedEx hub in Memphis go through metal detectors both coming in and going out of the property. There have been some high profile thefts there over the decades, of the largest I can remember was the theft of the high value bags on a flight coming in from Amsterdam (I believe it was) on Dec. 23, 1995. Full of diamonds and gold. A crew rolled up on a tug right as the plane stopped and proceeded to unload the bags in the front cargo hold near the front landing gear. It was brutally cold that night with sleet/snow so everybody was wearing face masks anyway. About 5 minutes later the proper crew showed up to unload and freaked out when the pilots told them someone had already unloaded it. The bad guys high-tailed it east across the property and tried to drive the tug through the fence on Tchulahoma Road. Tug got stuck in the fence so they threw the bags over and managed to get away with most of them. Within 24 hours one of the thieves was already dead, one of the crew turned on him and shot him. They caught the rest and recovered the stolen goods.

I was working for FedEx at the time and this was back when they would ask all employees to volunteer to work nights in the hub to help with the Christmas rush. Amazing how much simpler things were back then before 9/11. I was a computer programmer during the day and worked the Omaha outbound 727 at night. I remember standing under the right wing of a 727 long-body trying to stay out of the rain/sleet/snow with the APU roaring away. That is where I was when the cll came out about the theft. All hell broke loose then, "Freddies" and Memphis police everywhere. Freddies are what we called FedEx security, armed guards which was almost exclusively former Memphis or Shelby County police who got cush jobs at FedEx. I miss those days of free jump seats anywhere in the world on a FedEx plane.
Just an opinion.

We use Fed Ex, UPS and USPS. We have found in the last few months the most reliable has been UPS and the least reliable has been USPS Priority. All orders over $150.00 to a physical address (non-PO Box) we include shipping and we have been defaulting to UPS as they have been the best lately.
Well Fed Ex has done it again. I have a scope coming, but this time it made it to Great Falls, yesterday. 120 miles away and sat there. It is a signature required package so I have waited all day for it. Just got an update that it will now arrive on Friday. I have an appointment in the morning so I hope I don't miss them.
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Just an opinion.

We use Fed Ex, UPS and USPS. We have found in the last few months the most reliable has been UPS and the least reliable has been USPS Priority. All orders over $150.00 to a physical address (non-PO Box) we include shipping and we have been defaulting to UPS as they have been the best lately.

UPS is the best around here with the USPS a very close second. If given a choice I won't use Fed Ex again until they pull their heads out.
I have to laugh. Just after I got done writing about Fed Ex they show up at my door with the scope. Go Figure.
I sent a check for some bullets to Illinois.
Nearly a month later I sent the very patient seller another check. He got it two days later. I tried to stop payment on the first one. That’s when I discovered it had already been cashed. After a bunch of pestering the bank, they informed me that it had been cashed in Chitcago.
I'll play this game. I had a used BC stock sent to me via FedEX that showed delivered in November. We were home and working in our front office which is the window in between the garage and the front door. The FedEX person never came to our front door or driveway....

Over the next few months, about one of four FedEX packages would say delivered, but the driver never came to our front door. At the beginning of this month I was setting up a small backpacking tent in the back yard and the stuff sack blew around to the side of the house. There, in our backyard, on the side of the house, was a pile of FedEX packages that for some reason that driver felt the need to toss over the fence rather than deliver to the front door.
I sent a scope via USPS on March 3.
They don't show it anywhere in their system.

Insurance collection should be a treat.
In the past couple months I have sent about 20 priority flat rate envelopes containing bullets. All packages have made it to the destination on time or a day or so late. The contents of each arrived intact. I have to add that I ship for the long haul by packaging the contents within a box in the envelope and reinforcing the envelope with shipping tape. Perhaps I've just been lucky...
I will add that Cabela's has been disappointing in some regard. The shipping is suppose to take 2 days, but it takes 3-4 days for Cabela's to ship the item. Then you're lucky if it gets to you in 2 days. More like 6.
Posted By: WAM Re: Well it Finally Happened to Me - 03/28/21
If you want to identify the problems at the post office or elsewhere, sit in the parking lot at getting off time and see what beebops to dey rides.... nuff said. Bunch of stringy haired tweekers seem to have taken over at our local post office. Still wondering about poor service?
Had excellent results w USPS.
But they will nail you on oversize items, that's where UPS cut the bill in half.

Proly shouldn't have posted since I just sent a Leupold back for warranty work.
have a front sight coming from Pa.
Have a stock coming from OH.
bought the same day shipped the same day. the 26th
stock will be here tomorrow
sight maybe here on wed.
go figure.
I had tracking tell me items would be here on certain days only to have the date changed at the last minute. The tracking also said the items had been sitting on a truck in a town 120 miles away for 2 days.
Well I have to laugh. Fed Ex just showed up with the scope I ordered on March 5th. I wonder where it has been sitting for that past 2 months? In the meantime Cabela's listed it as lost and sent me another. I did get that one.
Unfortunately all these lost/delayed deliveries are going to end up costing us all in the long run in the form of higher prices......
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Well I have to laugh. Fed Ex just showed up with the scope I ordered on May 5th. I wonder where it has been sitting for that past 2 months? In the meantime Cabela's listed it as lost and sent me another. I did get that one.

I think you mean March 5.

You going to keep the scope, or do they want it back?
I’ve been lucky, had a scope delivered to a house on the next street. Lady was nice enough to bring it over here.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Well I have to laugh. Fed Ex just showed up with the scope I ordered on May 5th. I wonder where it has been sitting for that past 2 months? In the meantime Cabela's listed it as lost and sent me another. I did get that one.

A similar thing happened with me with a pic rail I ordered on eBay. I was sent a replacement rail. A few weeks later the original one found its way to me. I messaged the seller asking how he wanted to handle it. I never heard back from him.

If I were the OP, I'd call Cabelas and live with a clear conscious.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

\
March 5th. My wife even had to correct me. They want it back. Already sent me a return label.
About a month ago I sent a set of dies to Colorado via USPS Priority mail. After leaving Rochester, NY (another USPS black hole) the tracking showed them arriving in Denver. Great right?
Nope, less than 2 hours later the tracking showed them arriving in Colombia, SC. ?! 2 1/2 hours later they departed Colombia, SC and arrived in Denver (again?) the next evening. I still wonder how they got from Denver to South Carolina, and scanned in, in less than 2 hours.
FedEx - when you care enough to send the very worst
Still waiting on a rifle bought from a trusted seller on GunBroker. Shipped to my FFL on March 19. USPS Tracking says it left Woodland, CA on the 19th arrived in Sacramento on the 20th. Left Sacramento later that same day. Estimated delivery by USPS on March 24th. Nothing...tracking ended in Sacramento. Now it is May 5th. USPS hasn’t got a clue where it is.
Communication with seller has been great. He has filed insurance claim with USPS.

Well, we both have risked something here. But seller has received my money order. I figured he would reimburse me but hasn’t offered yet...but has filed claim with USPS.

At what point do I demand my money back? Again, the guy has been very communicable. I’m just a little miffed he hasn’t offered to just send me a check(that’s what I’d have done). At this point, I’ve lost faith that the gun will ever show up. But it’s still possible I guess from the posts I’ve read on this thread. I keep checking with my FFL. They tell me they will let me know if it ever shows.

Leftybolt
I've done my share of complaining about FedEx, UPS, and especially the USPS..... but here lately, about the last month, all pkgs have arrived on time or a little earlier than expected.

I figure it's my imagination or sometimes you just have to chalk it up to 'schit happens'.
© 24hourcampfire