Home
Posted By: TimberRunner Ring screws - 04/10/21
Been soaking some in acetone for 24+ hrs, threads are still full of adhesive /threadlock (not sure what was used on these).

Wire brush? What's next? Should I just call talley and get a new set? I don't see a set of screws for purchase on their website other than a $50 gunsmith set.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
Torch and brush?
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Torch and brush?

Yeah, that might be it.
Posted By: squidman Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
call them i think the'll send you new ones
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
Go to local Gunshop they will probably have an assortment of screws. Hasbeen
Posted By: Starbuck Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
A nearby hardware store has a drawer of hardware labeled gun screws. Can usually find what I need pretty cheap.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
Originally Posted by squidman
call them i think the'll send you new ones

I think I'll do this.

Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Go to local Gunshop they will probably have an assortment of screws. Hasbeen

Did that this morning, but their scope guy only works two days per week and they didn't want me digging around.

I don't think I want to screw around with these old screws, I'll see if talley will send me a new set.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US1439G0&p=Pachmayr+scope+ring+screw+kit
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
A Dremel tool with the wire wheel brush should do it. I've used that in the past.
Posted By: Mac284338 Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
Don't know exactly your issue but I bought a old m77 w/integral mounts yesterday and the ring screws were the old slotted type and a pain to get out. Got Torx -10 replacements coming from Browne for a reasonable price and will be much happier with new Torx than old rusted slotted!
Posted By: hookeye Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
Torch and brush what I did before I got smart and just bought new.

Torx upgrade every chance I get.
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Ring screws - 04/10/21
I ran into the same issue this week with a Ruger Super Redhawk I purchased. I called Ruger to see what the cost was for the 8 screws. They are sending them out free of charge. I’d call Talley and see what they say.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Ring screws - 04/12/21
I emailed talley over the weekend. This morning they sent me a new set free of charge.

Fantastic service.
© 24hourcampfire