Home
Looking for recommendations on an optic for son that lost vision in one eye. He uses my binos but thinking there might be better recommendations? What say the Fire about monoculars or small spotters? He does use a Leica rangefinder at 7x. He loves hunting and thinking it may make an excellent birthday gift...
Not much selection on the market these days for monoculars and your small spotters aren't really that small. Vortex makes a monocular. I have not heard much about it. The leica range finder probably has better glass than most monoculars on the market. I don't know the situation so It maybe a touchy subject for him but he can still use binoculars. You may look at some birding sites to see if they have any recommendations.
Please keep in mind, whereas a monocular seems like it makes the most sense, a binocular, due to its wider design, will be better and easier to hold steady. As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000
Thanks
My Dad lost an eye to glaucoma about 3 years ago. I purchased him a Hawke Endurance ED 8x42 monocular from Doug for Christmas that year.

He was has been very pleased with it and has mentioned how good of a product it is several times to me. He keeps tabs on all the deer movement around here smile

I checked it out myself. It is very clear!
Thanks for the help, may just get a good set of binos for the reason Doug mentioned, plus I can borrow them
© 24hourcampfire