Home
Been looking at the Burris and Meopta that Doug has . What do you guys think? Thanks.
Talk to Doug, he'll steer you right.
Kowa
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Kowa

Interesting....I see Doug has some of those on sale I will check them out.
The recent Burris Signature HDs are GREAT--and made by Kamakura in Japan.

There is meopta on classifieds
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Kowa

Call Doug
I’ve been on the lookout for the past couple months for some backup glasses and have looked at literally everything under about $550 I could lay hands on. My primary glasses are the MeoStar and the tract.

If you can get past the narrower FOV, the best imho is the Monarch 5 8x42. The FOV is listed conservatively at 330 but it’s tack sharp right out to the edges.. It’s literally better than the Monarch 7 in that regard...and equal in others. Many bins in this price range boast large FOVs but have major falloff toward the edges. In some cases the outer 35%!!! Monarch 5 is tack sharp to the rim.
Great contrast/color and fantastic ergonomics...the later being subjective.

If I’m being honest the only binos I’ve looked through that offer a better image at under $750 or so are the Tracts. They are that good...it’s no wonder it’s nikons too selling binocular

Again just my opinion.
I had Meopro, and I was happy to sell them at a loss.
MeoPro was a disappointment to me as well. They seemed to have a lot of veiling flare issues. Great construction...and on paper an impressive optic. At one point they were like $800+...HD glass etc etc. They didn't live up to the billing and honestly that made me pretty cautious of the Optika. The MeoStar is fantastic though...but I like my Tract better if I'm being honest and it was less money iirc

At MeoPro money Id buy a Monarch 5 any day of the week and bank the rest. Its a better optic. At MeoStar money...im thinking the MHG would give it a run. Ive since wondered if I should have went that route instead. Perhaps when LL bean has their next 25% sale...

It pains me that Nikon is such a pain in the butt to deal with...they make great bins
you should be able to find meostars hd in the x42 for just a hair more

that's where i'd go
Hawke Frontier ED-X

Good enough I sold my Alpha glass!
Well I went with the Nikon Monarch 5 , 12x. They showed up today and I'm pretty impressed with them .
© 24hourcampfire